Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotest minimum fitness

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@jedster, our school cross country was probably a mile, given it was on a housing estate. I didn't run it, I cut through the streets and came back at an appropriate time. I've never run more than a mile and that took me 15 minutes. I can't run to save my life.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
holidayloverxx wrote:
@jedster, our school cross country was probably a mile, given it was on a housing estate. I didn't run it, I cut through the streets and came back at an appropriate time. I've never run more than a mile and that took me 15 minutes. I can't run to save my life.

cross country? isn't that something for posh private schools, not sure my inner city comp would have been able to organise that.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@davidof, I dunno, they called it cross country at my urban secondary modern, probably because we had to cross a bit of waste ground
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx wrote:
@davidof, I dunno, they called it cross country at my urban secondary modern, probably because we had to cross a bit of waste ground

Very Happy

I had images of a 10K run across Eton's hallowed fields... or maybe Ruxton Towers

http://youtube.com/v/r6LOFFJt94Q?feature=shared

We used to run around a running track, but they called it running. I think 800 meters was about my limit back then.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

cross country? isn't that something for posh private schools, not sure my inner city comp would have been able to organise that.

Did you not notice the speechmarks around "cross country"? I went to a comp myself.

I still find it utterly bizarre than anyone that is remotely active has never ran 3km. It's two miles. It's a 20 min jog. TWENTY MINUTES. In a lifetime?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jedster, not everyone wants or likes to run. I ski, canoe, coastal row, hike sometimes, used to cycle tour...never felt the need to run. I only did it that one time because it was a boot camp thing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@holidayloverxx, +1 I utterly loathe running, though could probably be described as 'remotely active' on a good day. wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jedster, I have never run 3km. The "cross country" course at my school went near my house so I could walk home, have a coffee, then walk back in the time allowed.

The aerobic component of my ski racing preparation has always been cycling.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was bought up in a pit village in Durham. Our village primary school decided to have a cross country run once. At one pont the course descended a pit heap. One girl fell and broke her arm and it was never run again. In those days noone fussed about it. There always seemed to be a least on child in the class with a pot on all the time (different children obviously).

Thinking about it running down pit heaps is probably better ski training than pounding around urban streets.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rjs wrote:
@jedster, I have never run 3km. The "cross country" course at my school went near my house so I could walk home, have a coffee, then walk back in the time allowed.

I'm reminded of a scout's cross-country race that I somehow managed to get roped into - I cannot remember why, since I hated the annual mandatory event at school. Anyway, it was in our local park, through the woods which I knew very well, and I enjoyed walking for much of the single lap I did, only to then run into the finishing area and find myself given a top ten position. Turns out everyone else had run two laps...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well it sounds like I'm wrong to be surprised.
It just seems to me that running is one of those things that the human body has evolved to do and to never have done something so fundamental is strange - clearly not.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy