Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French Autoroute Closures

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quickest transfer I've ever had from Tignes VC to Geneva on a Winters Saturday today, just over 3 hours, very pleasant.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Our transfer with Bens Bus from Les Deux Alpes to Grenoble was very straight forward at 0700 this morning. No delays at all on the roads. Shame I can’t speak so highly of Grenoble airport thereafter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Update: After refueling at Marseille, finally landed at Grenoble where we were held on board. Huge queue at immigration/passport control, delays getting bags, and then around 5 hours coach transfer to Val Claret (so guess hit some traffic along the way or didn't take the quickest route)
Check in at LHR 4am, arrival at VC 6pm. Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
just following up my question .. sat 3rd feb .. alpe d hueze to grenoble .. no issues what so ever unlike the week before.. but grenoble airport what a complete poo-poo show.. power cut fr ages no one could check in.. sod all facilities past passport.. will avoid that airport like the plague in future
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@andyj007, 100%
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Paperback Writer, Longer than the drive …. Last Sunday left home in Essex 4.45am for 7.20 shuttle arrive Sainte Foy 6.30pm after diverting round the protests.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone in the know about any possible disruption this weekend?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Driving back from La Plagne to Geneva tomorrow for an evening flight - anyone got any knowledge of any potential delays that I might mitigate by leaving early? Thank you
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have family on the road just now. Their flight arrived in Lyon at 8:30, they're currently stuck on the road near albertville at 16:45.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Canuck, sorry but not unusual on a Sat in Feb holidays , although it does look rather rough today . Just seen a post
Translated from Savoie traffic FB page
Paralyzed traffic on the A43, A430 and N90 highway between Aiton and Moutiers direction Bourg-Saint-Maurice. At 4:00pm, 69% of the estimated traffic has been downhill, 41% of the expected traffic has been uphill. Eh oh! Highways Info Traffic France

Still many more to get up to the stations
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, that must be a new record, 12 hours from Lyon to Bourg!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We were going the other way at 5pm having left Val d’Isere a little after 3.30. The jam was incredible, from Albertville and on and on past the péage and on for miles.

We could see people out of their cars. And occasionally traffic would be moving, and people would be running to catch up.

@Canuck, we guessed a five hour traffic jam but that was clearly off by a huge amount. I wonder when the tail end will get up the hill?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Canuck, Possibly not … I’m 57 but when I was 15 or 16 we travelled to Les Arcs during the February holidays only to stop just outside Chambrey and not move for 24hrs , a huge Rock the size of a house landed on the main road in La Lechere (town before Moutiers ) everyone eventually had to be redirected through the train yard !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snow megeddon a few years ago. (2017 18ish) . left colchester in uk at 6pm boxing day , ferry at 11.30pm .. made lyon by 8am then spent 25 hours getting to st foy , was 36 hours intotal .. caused by a snow dump on busiest transfer day, body totaly ruined ,once fell asleep with foot on clutch woke up abruptly when foot slipped off , then kids work me up traffic had moved up road 50 yards .. but still was on slopes by 10am.. bloody awfull , never drove to france again in half term , started going to madessimo it italy .. much more awesome every way , fly to bergamo reasonable flights , no lift ques , cheap lift passes , and lovely east north facing slopes that stay pristine .. now kids are older ..no more half term stupidness, having said that it was busy in alpe d hueze 27jan to 3rd this year ! and we still got traffic thabks to the mr froggy farmer moaning about his subsidies and blocking the motorway
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@AndrewBailey, At 2230 CET the queue from Aigueblanche was still back to the eastern end of Albertville
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy