Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
carolyn, I've recently discovered that Niedarau has become part of a bigger ski area so how good are the bus and lift links to the other parts of the whole area? I am seriously considering it for next year now there's more to ski! snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RichardB, The buses run every 20 minutes for most of the day (15 minutes apart at the start of the day), and take about 20 minutes to get from Niederau to Auffach.

There is a single gondola lift link between Auffach and Alpbach - and this season you can't ski down below the mid-station (I believe they are intending building a piste the rest of the way down for next season). That gondola base is about 150 yards from the base of the main gondola up the Alpbach side.

But altogether, if you start from Niederau and want to ski in Alpbach, you stake a 20 minute bus, then a gondola up the Schatzberg, ski one red run (6), then either anoth (13) to the mid station or take the gondola all the way down, then take another gondola up. This is likely to mean somewhere close to 1.5 hours from starting in Niederau to the point where you are actually skiing Alpbach slopes.

I (and a couple of others I joined up with from the hotel) still found it worthwhile doing that on four of the six days last week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Richard, I went to Alpbach on Saturday and as Alex says you have to go up the Auffach gondola, but the 13 is actually skiing down in Alpbach so you aren't in gondolas all the time! Today is still snowing and minus 3. Looks set to carry on and there has been a lot of snow overnight. Enjoy Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
12 sleeps until we arrive in Niederau! Good to hear its been snowing again Carolyn. Looking forward our trip and trying out the Alpbach link, first time skiing in Austria.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well it snowed all day yesterday and there is now a huge amount. Bashers have been at work overnight and it is minus 1.5 and much clearer today. Enjoy Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
carolyn, I was having a look on the webcams this morning. Looks like a decent covering of powder Smile Thanks for the updates. Its great to hear whats going on in the resort.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glad you like them, Kirstie Smile More snow overnight and minus 2. Forecast seems to be snow today again and then a small sunshine break the then more snow! Are you looking at our webcam on auhof.co.at? You can move it and see various views of Niederau, it is on the roof of our house!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Morning carolyn, No, I was looking at the ones on ski Juwel website but will deffo take a look at your one now! Thanks for the heads up!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sunny today after more snow yesterday. Minus 5 this morning and not expected to get any warmer for a while. Conditions are excellent Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
More snow overnight and minus 5.6 this morning and still snowing. Forecasts seem to vary but one says snow and cloud today with sun tomorrow and remaining very cold, while another says some sunshine today, still staying cold. Off to see what conditions are like this morning Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well the sun won yesterday and although my day off, had to ski all day as it was so good! Today is clear, sunny and minus 10. Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
carolyn,

The snow and forecast is looking good.
We have just booked for the beginning of march into the Pension Enzian and hopeing that the snow will last for our trip. Enjoy.
Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another skiing holiday over far too quickly, but what a fantastic week! Fancy combining Gunther's 50th birthday party with Fasching in the same week. How lucky could I get to be there? Peter and Andreas looked after us wonderfully well. They have the patience of saints and deserve some TLC themselves now. Peter, in particular, was amazing in getting my friend who was going through a personal crisis to keep trying to the extent that he even got her through the race on Thursday. He thereby ended up with his entire class entered, which had looked most unlikely untl the day itself. Shouldn't he have a medal for that?

Back here in Wales it is wet and dreary - and the golf is cancelled yet again due to a waterlogged course. Looking at the webcam pictures today it has been another lovely day in Niederau. I am so envious!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Glad you had a good time, Rhiannon and sorry to tell you that it is still sunny and cold here with wonderful snow! I have beginners this week and so does Andreas. Peter is off with more advanced folk this week. Moonshine, the Enzian is lovely and well placed in the village, too. Minus 10 this morning!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Although I am envious, I am still pleased you are having the best weather. There's no point me having it at work in an office.

Peter deserves a bit of fun with some advanced skiers this week. One day you may draw the short straw and have to keep me in check. I am getting better. I didn't have to be hauled out of anything or grabbed to stop me mowing people down this year. I don't think you are heavy enough to stop me the way Andreas and Walter have had to do previously (and Walter did comment on how difficult it had been). I'm thinking of starting next year not in the absolute beginners' class. That way I can miss out on the stamping up hill that hurts my knees so much at the start of the week. I'll probably have to drop back down after a day or two, but it would be nice to start off with a bit more ambition. Very Happy
snow conditions
Conditions are still looking great on the webcams. We will arrive Saturday evening. Can't wait to get the skis on and head up the slopes on Sunday morning Smile
snow conditions
Rhiannon, we all love teaching, whatever group we have and if it happens that I get you it will be my pleasure! Minus 6 and due to snow today.
snow report
I'm sure I would enjoy being in your class. You seemed to be having fun last week. I was in Martin's class for the first morning last year, but we didin't get up enough speed that early for me to need him to put my brakes on for me. Glad to see the weather is remaining good for you.
ski holidays
Minus 7 and snowing today Smile Let's see what happens next time and maybe we will ski together, Rhiannon!
ski holidays
Lucky you. Was plus 4 and sleeting here first thing. Sad

My friend, Nia, has decided she liked Niederau so much she is looking into getting over there again for a weekend of exploring with her husband without the snow - possibly towards the end of May. Is there a gap in the running dates for the gondola between it being used for snow and for getting hikers/ mountain bikes up the mountain in the summer? Maybe they should wait until it is running if they want to explore the area by foot.
ski holidays
Minus 10 and blazing sunshine today Smile Life is hard in the mountains! The gondola shuts between Easter Monday and 5th May this year. Glad Nia was pleased with Niederau, it is an awesome place Smile
snow report
Well today is cloudy and minus 2 so far. We are expecting sunshine on Tuesday or Monday, depending on which forecast you look at!
snow report
Still looks like you have plenty of snow to play in. If only we had access to snow to ski all year around. Played golf yesterday and decided skiing is so much easier. Can hardly walk today. Knees did not hurt this much on skis. Will have to go to snow dome over the summer I think.
ski holidays
Yesterday was blazing sunshine and lovely snow, today has dawned much colder but clear and sunny already. There is snow in the forecast from tonight. Rhiannon, you must keep skiing, its good for you!!
latest report
Couldn't resist a second trip of the season - even non-skiing Mrs T was up for it. Sonnschein from the 16th March. Very Happy

Will put the 4 year old in school and hopefully she will continue to progress and have fun.
snow report
Excellent !! WE have snow today and minus 2.6 this morning.
snow conditions
Having a fab time in Niederau this week. Went to Affach on Tuesday it has to be one of the most spectacular beautiful views I have ever seen. Snow is great and is snowing today so that will get rid of the icy patches that were starting to appear yesterday. Sampled the Cave bar on Tuesday to with the locals bar crawl, needless to say not much skiing was done yesterday! Heading off back along to Affach in the next hour for a full day. Smile
ski holidays
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/au9x1te5xwz3guk/DDOy2H7pWU Picture I took from Alpbach on Tuesday.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
carolyn, Thought you may find this interesting. My brother sent the link on Facebook earlier this evening.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/austria/9883214/Austria-the-Juwel-in-the-Tyrolean-ski-crown.html?fb
ski holidays
Thanks, don't really agree with some of what is said, but interesting none the less, thanks Rhiannon. Smile Cold and cloudy today, had yesterday afternoon free and tested the conditions which were wonderful. Light snow this morning.
latest report
Conditions are still perfect Smile MInus 5 this morning, clearing up from some light snow. Enjoy everybody Smile
snow report
Yesterday was sunny and perfect, wonderful snow and no queues! Today minus 4 and light snow so far Smile
snow report
The sun came out yesterday afternoon, and hopefully will do again today. Snow lovely Smile
ski holidays
We have been having cold nights and sunny days, set to continue for the next week we think. Snow super and pistes less busy now Smile
ski holidays
Ditto Smile
latest report
It has warmed up and the snow is very soft and melting fast. The forecasts are saying it will get cold and snowy next week with a return to Winter on the cards!
latest report
carolyn wrote:
The forecasts are saying it will get cold and snowy next week with a return to Winter on the cards!

Good! Very Happy
ski holidays
Raining and plus 6 today Sad Hope the forecast is right for a return to cold and snow.
latest report
Hey! Please tell me that the forecast is correct, and it's getting colder? I'm heading out on Friday for a long weekend, so would love some fresh new cold snow Happy
ski holidays
Blodyn, we are all still expecting colder weather and snow on Thursday. Conditions very soft later on, but yesterday were surprisingly good still in the morning. Mixture of sun and cloud so far this morning, will report back tomorrow on today's conditions Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy