Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
jonny909 wrote:
@alex_heney , We'll be staying at the Sonnschein.

I'll be at the Harfenwirt. May see you out there at some point.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can often be spotted in a Scarlets shirt making a prat of myself on the beginners' slope. The aim is still to be able to get down the top 10 yards of it without help to turn away from going under the button lift.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
J Rhiannon, A Scarlets shirt when you're from Swansea?

Shocking Smile

I'll be leaving the Harfenwirt the day you arrive.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I live in Swansea now, but I'm from a little village in Carmarthenshire. Llanelli was always the local big team. Mind you, I did wear an Ospreys training top for the Thursday race in Niederau 2 years ago. It was multi-coloured and my instructor (Evi) said it looked good in the race - like professional ski gear. I think she meant it would distract people from the actual skiing. She thought rugby was a very rough uncouth sport and ladies shouldn't watch it. It did cause some confusion when my rugby fan friends and brother saw the pictures afterwards. Cool
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ha ha, happy days Smile More snow now and minus 2 with sun expected from tomorrow til next tuesday. Enjoy Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
carolyn We are contemplating another trip to Niederau this season, potentially coming out 16th March. Is the snow likely to be iffy in the village by then?

My 4 year old will be doing her 2nd week of skiing and so really just checking whther the beginner slopes are likely to still be in good condition or not?
Not booked yet and will hold off to see what prices are like Mid-Feb though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
carolyn wrote:
Ha ha, happy days Smile More snow now and minus 2 with sun expected from tomorrow til next tuesday. Enjoy Smile

Thank you for your regular updates.

I certainly hope to enjoy Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well today as yesterday, is sunny but even colder at minus 5.8. Glove liners I think Smile Mid March should be fine, and even if lower slopes are iffy the mountain ones are ok. However in my experience so far mid March should be good still. We are open til April so come on over Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On my way now. Just need Manchester airport to stay snow free for the Munich flight this evening! Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Excellent, it is minus 2,5 and cloudy today. Snow is fabulous Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just looked out the window still snowing in Oberau has been most of the day pity my airport pickup at 5 in the morning
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris_n wrote:
On my way now. Just need Manchester airport to stay snow free for the Munich flight this evening! Very Happy

While I need it to stay snow free for a 6:10 flight in the morning.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alex_heney, Good luck with that. We left on time but the captain said the runway was closed for snow clearing 5 minutes after we left. I hope it's all clear for you inthe morning, given an early start like that you should be on the slopes after lunch. Looks like we have to wait till Sunday for the sunshine though.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Minus 8 and sunshine today Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Excellent - just booked 5 days in Niederau at the Staffler flying out Monday 4th Feb !
snow conditions
We flew on time, landed in Salzburg at 09:20, and were in Niederau around Midday.

I was on the slopes by 1:15 Smile

Beautiful conditions, sunny but quite cold, I skied for three hours, here is a picture for when I stopped for 5 minutes.

snow report
I think I saw you! We were up there yesterday and enjoying the lovely conditions, too. Come on down to the Ski Show at 8.30 tonight and see us there! Minus 6 and sunny today with snow expected on Tuesday. Carolyn Smile
snow report
alex_heney, Fantastic picture. Can't wait to get out there next week. hope the conditions remain good. snowHead
latest report
carolyn wrote:
I think I saw you! We were up there yesterday and enjoying the lovely conditions, too. Come on down to the Ski Show at 8.30 tonight and see us there! Minus 6 and sunny today with snow expected on Tuesday. Carolyn Smile

I think I will come down and see you Smile

Having a super time, met up with Sue From Samerberg today and skied in the Auffach and Alpbach areas.F
snow conditions
Nice to meet you last night and glad you enjoyed our show! Snowing now and minus 1 Smile
snow conditions
@Alex heney - looks beautiful there from your picture. Glad to hear its still snowing. Can't wait to fly out 2 weeks on Saturday Smile
ski holidays
Still snowing.......
latest report
carolyn, that's what I like to hear! Hope it continues that way Smile
snow conditions
Kirstie82,
that's what I like to hear! Hope it continues that way

very much looks like it could be fairly substantial this weekend!!
ski holidays
Snowing most of the day, but raining at resort level this evening Sad

Don't know what it's doing at the top, but if it carries on all night, the lower slopes will be pure slush.
ski holidays
alex_heney, It is supposed to be warmer today then the Föhn storm starts to decline - walking out of my hotel this morning it was like being in the blast from a hairdryer! My car thermometer was reading 10°C at 06.45!!!!! They are predicting 18°C in Munich today as well.

They are forecasting snowmaggeden for the weekend, so I would say this is a minor blimp in the overall plan of things! Temperatures will return to the minuses pretty quickly once this storm is through.
snow conditions
Well yesterday's snow turned to rain overnight but today there has been frost and it is zero and sunny. There is still plenty snow and pistes are fine Smile
latest report
Hi Carolyn,
I got your name off another snowhead, hope you don't mind direct approach?
I'm booked to go to Neiderau in late Feb, and have decided to invest in my first pair of boots. I live in UAE, with very limited outdoor/ski shops, so am thinking best option is buy in resort.
Any guidance on whether I can, value for money in resort, which shops and who is best for fitting them correctly, including customized liner/foot bed combo.
Thanks
Gary
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Gary, no worries, I'm happy to help. You need to go and see Pete Sandbichler in Oberau - say I sent you- and he will sort you out. He has the very latest computer boot fitting equipment and will do a great job. Let me know how you get on and come and say hello Smile Very warm and sunny now, but a cold front is apparently approaching - will let you know Smile
ski holidays
Thanks Carolyn, will do just that, and pop in to say hello Little Angel Gary
ski holidays
Conditions today were soft but not heavy (spent most of the day in Alpbach).

For me, it made skiing very easy, because it was just so easy to turn.

But it is raining again now, although the forecast is for lower temperatures tomorrow.
snow report
zero and clear this morning, snow on the way at the weekend I hear.
snow report
Does anyone know if there is wi-fi access available in or near The Harfenwirt? Various websites seem to be contradictory on this.
snow conditions
J Rhiannon wrote:
Does anyone know if there is wi-fi access available in or near The Harfenwirt? Various websites seem to be contradictory on this.

It is available in teh Harfenwirt (I'm using it right now), but charged for at €1 per hour. Works best in Reception rather than the rooms.

The Staffler has it free (but you should probably buy a drink).

I think a few other places in town also have free wi-fi.
latest report
alex_heney, Thanks for the info. I particularly need it for 2 minutes at precisely 1pm next Wednesday to enter a golf tournament in St Andrews in August. Only the first 40 entries definitely get in. Another 60 make it in handicap order, but I am within about 0.7 of last year's handicap cut, so a bit chancy to be late. Cool
latest report
Overnight snow higher up, but raining in the village this morning. Expecting lots of snow tomorrow is the word from my neighbour this morning!
snow conditions
Sounds like it should be perfect for whe I get there Monday - can't wait !
snow conditions
Was skiing at Auffach today, and even though it was rain at village level, it was still good enough skiing that when we got to the base, we went back up to the mid-station of the gondola just so we could ski that run again.

It was snowing above the mid-point, and all the forecasts are suggesting loads of snow over the weekend.
snow report
Raining first thing this morning, just turning to snow now. Lets hope the forecasters are right. My one day off from Ski School is Saturday so am hoping to go and try the new Alpbach link.
ski holidays
Snowed all yesterday and all night and we now have a good covering again. Minus 3.6 this morning and looking fine Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy