Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Zillertal 2023/24

Poster: A snowHead

Glacier is actually looking white again now!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wepowder is suggesting nearly another 2.5m over the next few days! Might need fat skis when it is all over
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@munich_irish, that would be good! Bergfex suggesting 1.3m between now and Tuesday, so anywhere in between, preferably towards Wepowder would be great!

I'll wax and edge the 121 fat skis up ready Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
swskier wrote:

Glacier is actually looking white again now!

I think it will be a whole lot whiter when it reappears from the clouds over the next few days. I wonder if they will start snowmaking while it is cold.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Still looks a bit barren on the webcams
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
russ_e wrote:
Still looks a bit barren on the webcams

It's only had a dusting so far, you can see that on the rocks off the side of the glacier. You can also see where the Piste machines have been. That should all change tonight but I doubt you will be able to see it again before Sunday afternoon at the earliest.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Snowy down at Sommerberg. Similar scenes on the Finkenberg webcam also.

@Chris_n, I wouldn't be surprised if they turned the cannons on. Showing as -6.6 up there currently
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great to see
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looking good

http://youtube.com/v/NIuO6hrFTrg
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@russ_e, I wondered what channel showed those roaming webcams. You see them in a number of places on the TV including our local kebab shop in Ramsau Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I know every song off by heart on the Austria stream Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hintertux still closed despite looking amazing, thank god I didn't fly over. Shock
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@JimboS, They have posted on Instagram that ski operations will start on the 18th Sept.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lots more snow to come.

http://youtube.com/v/sbLPf2brreA
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JimboS wrote:
Hintertux still closed despite looking amazing, thank god I didn't fly over. Shock

Yeah that ruined my plans to ski powder today for my birthday!
snow report
https://www.instagram.com/stories/rohrmoserroman/3457118092201129542?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igsh=MTVhMmM0YXZhcjlnYQ==
snow report
Skiing on Penken today
snow report
Hintertux open Wednesday it seems..

Ski operation on Hintertux Glacier will start on September 18th, 2024 from 8.15 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
latest report
Quote:
Skiing on Penken today
In September! Shocked Wow!! That must surely be a first??
snow report
Combibahn running and more ski tracks today.
ski holidays
Webcams show Tux has it's winter blanket on for sure, right down to the mid station, and looks pisted already. Interesting to see how much they get open.
latest report
@JimboS, Kombibahn runs all summer as part of the summer lift pass, so I take it they're then skiing down and skiing up, that's certainly how the insta videos looked from @Matrix.

@8611, Looks as though up on the glacier is above the cloud level, looks lovely up there. Mixed cloud down in the valley, but I can see snow opposite us up at Gerlosstein just above the bottom station of the Sonnalm lift.
latest report
Strange weather here too, we are a few hundred metres from the beach (in Scotland) and had our first frost last Friday, and today sitting in the garden with my top off, must be close to the hottest day of the year for us. Shocked
snow report
Wish I was flying out today, looks like it will be a fantastic opening tomorrow at Hintertux.
snow report
Here's a view from my back door this morning before I left for work

snow conditions
@swskier, she's creeping in!

17km open at Hintertux, I wonder will they get a bit more. That lift that goes up to the shoulder that opens up another side of the mountain isn't open, I thought they might get it as its high enough there. It actually looks like they've pisted down to the mid-station albeit its thin looking in that area.
ski holidays
@8611, looking at the interactive map, its the runs on either side at the top open, plus down to Tuxer Fernerhaus, which will probably be rubbish, despite the fresh snow.

6er Lärmstange 2 is the lift you're talking about, that didn't open until the end of October last year, at which point they also opened Kaserer 1 t-bar, but only halfway, despite there being enough snow below. I'd imagine that they deem it not worth opening up with the numbers of skiers perhaps?
ski holidays
Yeah probably. As often, the market dictates off season skiing a lot.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking good on the webcams this morning.
ski holidays
JimboS wrote:
, and today sitting in the garden with my top off, must be close to the hottest day of the year for us. Shocked

That gave me the boak Smile
snow conditions
Quote:
That gave me the boak
Boak? New one for me, despite spending my childhood and youth reading The Sunday Post and Broons/Oor Wullie annuals! Very Happy
snow conditions
swskier wrote:
@8611, looking at the interactive map, its the runs on either side at the top open, plus down to Tuxer Fernerhaus, which will probably be rubbish, despite the fresh snow.

6er Lärmstange 2 is the lift you're talking about, that didn't open until the end of October last year, at which point they also opened Kaserer 1 t-bar, but only halfway, despite there being enough snow below. I'd imagine that they deem it not worth opening up with the numbers of skiers perhaps?

I'm pretty sure the terrain on that side (particularly the bottom of the chair which is off the glacier) needs a lot more snow before it can open. I think that's why they restrict the angle of the camera during the summed so you can't see the outcrop of rock in the middle of the glacier. There is also the filling of crevasses to take in to account, every season people fall down them in the early season in that area.
latest report
Up to 22km now and looking lovely in the sun. The snow at and a bit above the mid station has predictably all melted.
ski holidays
Hintertux have confirmed that the 6er Lärmstange 2 will open up tomorrow. No mention of the Kasere T bars, but that'll at least add a bit more terrain down to the lift with presumably Red 11 and blue 10 opening up, might also mean blue 3 opening up back to Tuxer Fernerhaus, albeit that's mainly just a track that's a summer road.

11a shows as open already, as you can get to that from the Olperer T bars, but you also be able to access that from Lärmstange 2.

Hintertux also have an Oktoberfest alongside Almabtrieb today and tomorrow in the village, and I'll be up there this afternoon at some point as the in-laws are over for the week.

I should be up for my first ski of the season on the 5th and 6th October all being well with the weather snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
Looks glorious today, bit more snow and more coming during the week. Saw a video I think from Stubai and the skiing looked great.
snow conditions
Must be time for this seasons new thread!
latest report
@Matrix, it is the first day of the new season pass!

Facebook has shown me a memory this morning of 1st October last year, looks very different to this year....

snow conditions
@swskier, normally SaraJ starts it but as you are now a local…….
latest report
@swskier, Over to you...
You're much better at updating it than I am anyway Laughing
snow report
Here we go

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5340068#5340068
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy