Warning: file_get_contents(https://vimeo.com/api/oembed.json?url=http://www.vimeo.com/18198718&width=640): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /var/www/html/ski-forum/includes/xtrafunctions.php on line 3631
Jungfrau Ski region (177), snowHeads ski forum
 Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Looks like pretty good weather for the next week, possibly being very cold Sunday/Monday, following week looks like it might start off as rain at lower levels with snow higher up, currently looks like upper slopes could get 60cm or more which will probably upset the WC racers but should keep everyone else happy.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like excellent conditions at present in Murren with 60cm in the village !! wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf, Great to get your forecasts David, hope they are good - Just a bit puzzled as to why snow forecast is saying no snow for the next week. i think I would rather go with you snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dunno hOw to do this pictures lark, but we skied everywhere today - fabulous snow, sunny, lovely, knackered! snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AdrianV wrote:
Dunno hOw to do this pictures lark, but we skied everywhere today - fabulous snow, sunny, lovely, knackered! snowHead

Skied everywhere today.......Murren Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Brookes wrote:
AdrianV wrote:

Fair Point. We're thinking of a visit to the outer regions on Friday......possibly!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Brian T, I said no snow until the following week, well maybe just a cm but none worth worrying about, this week looks like it will in general be good skiing weather but as I said above a good chance of it being very cold Sunday/Monday. I expect no significant precipitation for at least 7 days
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AdrianV wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:
AdrianV wrote:

Fair Point. We're thinking of a visit to the outer regions on Friday......possibly!

I see....saving the best till end of the week Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
D G Orf wrote:
Arctic Fox, be careful the place can become addictive, having been going there since before I was born in both summer and winter I ought to know Embarassed

Hahaha.....I work on the principal that if I tell everone it is crap, they wont bother going there and spoil my peace and tranquility! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
AdrianV wrote:

We're thinking of a visit to the outer regions on Friday......possibly!

Some funny people over there - look out wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf, Thanks David, i really should read posts properly Embarassed How are you these days? ant chance of getting to Wengen soon.. the place must miss you Little Angel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
telford_mike wrote:
AdrianV wrote:

We're thinking of a visit to the outer regions on Friday......possibly!

Some funny people over there - look out wink

Mike Telford are you back home now as you havent posted any recent pics Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Brookes wrote:

Mike Telford are you back home now as you havent posted any recent pics Puzzled

Hi Chris,

Regrettably yes, back at home in sunny Telford now. However I have left the new DHO webcam in situ, which will faithfully supply 1 photo per minute, that's 1440 per day, or 525,600 beautiful pictures per year Very Happy

I'll be back in March, so look out for something with a little more variety soon snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
telford_mike wrote:

I'll be back in March, so look out for something with a little more variety soon snowHead

What dates? I'll be there March 12th to 19th. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alastair Pink wrote:
telford_mike wrote:

What dates? I'll be there March 12th to 19th. Madeye-Smiley

Look forward to seeing you in the Sunstar mate - we'll be there the whole of that week Very Happy
latest report
telford_mike, thanks for the pictures .
latest report
Does anyone know or recall names and whereabouts of DHO members from the 60's?

Great new webcam situation! It's on my morning Wengen fix every day!
latest report
Holly, If you are a DHO member you can have a look in the current journal which lists all the current members and the year they joined.
ski holidays
Holly, Well my father was a member then
snow report
thought I came to Wengen for the skiing,,,,,someone told me there were strange people in Murren......just saw the new year (2011) arrive in Wengen......bonkers! Off to Murren in the morning just to check......(can't find an apprioprate emoticom.....)....can't spel....don care happi new year jungfraumaniacs!!!!! snowHead
snow report
less than a week to go till we are back in Murren, yeehhaaaaa, I keep reading on here about a new web cam in Wengen??? can someone post me the link ....pleeeaasse? Because I can't find it! As I've said before, not very techi, lol . HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all.
latest report
suzysue2, You can get the link from the post by Telford Mike at 9.36 on the 21st December
ski holidays
suzysue2, for ease

http://www.downhillonly.com/site/cam.shtml

or you could look at the following

Stechelberg cam
http://www.stechelberg.ch/cam/cam.htm

Bellevue Hotel cam (which i have posted before)
http://www.muerren.ch/bellevue/livecam/livecam.htm

The guys from Piz|Gloria / Exile on Mainst in Murren having fun on the Slopes (taken on the 27th Dec)
http://www.vimeo.com/18198718

http://www.piz-gloria.com/index.php?id=13&L=1
ski holidays
Happy New Year to everyone!
Just packing up car ready for drive to Lauterbrunnen tommorow .

DG.ORF

When was your father in DHO ? What years? I take it you are not able to go this year?---Sorry to hear that. When my funds have been short in the past I get withdrawal symptoms not being able to go.--Best of luck in 2011.
ski holidays
Holly, good question I think late 50's to late 70's when he passed away
latest report
Holly wrote:
Happy New Year to everyone!
Just packing up car ready for drive to Lauterbrunnen tommorow .

DG.ORF

When was your father in DHO ? What years? I take it you are not able to go this year?---Sorry to hear that. When my funds have been short in the past I get withdrawal symptoms not being able to go.--Best of luck in 2011.

Have a safe trip !
snow report
Skied over at Murren yesterday and the conditions were absolutely superb. Skied in First today and they were even better. Noticeably less crowded in both those areas than Mannlichen/Kleine Scheidegg, and the pistes seem to be in better condition for the most part. As I write these reflections, it has been lightly snowing in the village (Wengen, for the avoidance of doubt). Last day tomorrow, then 46 sleeps before I return once more.....
ski holidays
AdrianV wrote:
Skied over at Murren yesterday and the conditions were absolutely superb. Skied in First today and they were even better. Noticeably less crowded in both those areas than Mannlichen/Kleine Scheidegg, and the pistes seem to be in better condition for the most part. As I write these reflections, it has been lightly snowing in the village (Wengen, for the avoidance of doubt). Last day tomorrow, then 46 sleeps before I return once more.....

AdrianV any pics from today ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes, I did get some pics and some video, but I haven't mastered the art of inserting pics etc into snowheads..... Puzzled
snow report
D G Orf, rain is forecast this Thursday/Friday below 2400m..... will it be much Puzzled
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, Might be up to 35 mm though some may fall as snow, it's a bit borderline, Not just Thursday either it may continue with high temps and rain until Sunday, Sorry Sad Looks like the Fohn might be coinciding with the precipitation I'm afraid, following week is looking better for snow at the moment with possibly upwards of 50cm but all it takes is a slight increase in temp and it will be rain
ski holidays
AdrianV wrote:
Chris Brookes, I did get some pics and some video, but I haven't mastered the art of inserting pics etc into snowheads..... Puzzled

Oh dear. You need the Wordpress app for your iphone (go get it) and a hosted Wordpress facility which I can provide you with.
ski holidays
Just got back today - last day skiing was yesterday. Fantastic trip, loved it Very Happy

As we left, it is a bit hardpacked, worn and a little icy in places, but still some great skiing to be had.

Here are some photos.

On the Lauberhorn

On the Brandegg run

Down from Mannlichen

Down the Schiltorn
latest report
Ray Zorro, thanks for sharing. Nice to see you visited Murren

After taking the Schilthorn shot did you take the cablecar back to Birg due to the altitude Puzzled lol

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 3-01-11 18:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Brandegg is one of my favourite runs I dont know if its for the skiing or whats at the bottom ? Laughing
snow report
Chris Brookes, I really like Murren - and it is probably my favourite area. Had a great ski there - though got a bit lost trying to run 20 and the route back to the cable car rolling eyes .

In the morning the conditions were really good all over, though in the afternoon it was a bit icy on the red/black down from the top and the reds over by the T-bar were getting a little slushy and brown. All in all, I loved it though Very Happy
latest report
Smokin Joe, mmmm yes - the apple fritters were just as good as always Laughing
latest report
Ray Zorro wrote:
Chris Brookes, I really like Murren - and it is probably my favourite area. Had a great ski there - though got a bit lost trying to run 20 and the route back to the cable car rolling eyes .

In the morning the conditions were really good all over, though in the afternoon it was a bit icy on the red/black down from the top and the reds over by the T-bar were getting a little slushy and brown. All in all, I loved it though Very Happy

I know you really like murren...just yoking with you

From the Schiltgrat i love number 25 which starts behind the top of the Gimmeln T-bar as you can find some good off piste skiing

Did you stop off anywhere for lunch in or above Murren Puzzled
snow report
The £/CHF exchange rate is rather bad at the moment, so for the first few days I forced the family to take packed lunches Laughing so no, we didn't eat out at Murren.

I shall note that run for when I go back in March. My kids aren't so keen on T-bars and when Zit 3 fell off the Gimmeln near the top, they made me take them to another part altogether rolling eyes

Run 27 was incomplete - some others from the hotel attempted it, but found it rather taxing in the conditions! That is another I must try in March (if the conditions are better).
snow report
Ray Zorro wrote:
The £/CHF exchange rate is rather bad at the moment, so for the first few days I forced the family to take packed lunches Laughing so no, we didn't eat out at Murren.

I shall note that run for when I go back in March. My kids aren't so keen on T-bars and when Zit 3 fell off the Gimmeln near the top, they made me take them to another part altogether rolling eyes

Run 27 was incomplete - some others from the hotel attempted it, but found it rather taxing in the conditions! That is another I must try in March (if the conditions are better).

Some lovely little secret places to stop off and have a picnic above Murren,nearer the time i will post them to you wink

The freeride run (no.27) is now much better after they have made the run slightly bigger in the woods but to enjoy it to the max you need plenty of powder !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy