Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Chris Brookes, 2399 for the Lauberhorn, Chris.

Snowforecast is absolute rubbish when dealing with corrections they are send (tried twice)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
3 more sleeps, if only the snow doesn't close Liverpool airport on Saturday. Come to think of it, if it does, who cares? The beer is good in Liverpool Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many of the Murren hotels are now on Facebook !!

Hotel Jungfrau
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hotel-Jungfrau/143443589021384

Hotel Eiger
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hotel-Eiger/90905634113

Hotel Edelweiss
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hotel-Edelweiss/102939786423586

Eiger Guesthouse
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Eiger-Guesthouse/38141183748

Sonnenberg Guesthouse
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Eiger-Guesthouse/38141183748

Suppenalp Guesthouse
http://www.facebook.com/search.php?q=suppenalp&init=quick&tas=0.11593823099644534&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=214518091091
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quite nice this morning (for December), but the Fohn came in after lunch. Everything at Scheidegg closed at about 2pm.

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mike, thanks for the pic...more please in the future !! wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mike, glad to see you made it, hope you weren't delayed!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AdrianV, Thanks, We were delayed, but not fatally!

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
telford_mike wrote:
AdrianV, Thanks, We were delayed, but not fatally!

Outstanding view!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
AdrianV wrote:
[quote="Outstanding view!"

In the interests of clarity I was referring to the foreground in the photograph. I particularly like the structure of the piste on the elevation on the left hand side. I believe the photographer has performed a visual satire on the 3 nearby famous mountains, with a twist by juxtaposition of those three peaks: the Jungfrau represented by the bottle, which would clearly have been "virginal" before the lid was removed; the Monch being the glass and the strange character in the background quite obviously the Eiger (who appears to have subverted the virtuous Jungfrau by the fact that the contents of the botle are now in the glass). Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Happy (via SMS)

aha, this texting thing works!

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 20-12-10 16:17; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AdrianV wrote:
AdrianV wrote:

In the interests of clarity I was referring to the foreground in the photograph. I particularly like the structure of the piste on the elevation on the left hand side. I believe the photographer has performed a visual satire on the 3 nearby famous mountains, with a twist by juxtaposition of those three peaks: the Jungfrau represented by the bottle, which would clearly have been "virginal" before the lid was removed; the Monch being the glass and the strange character in the background quite obviously the Eiger (who appears to have subverted the virtuous Jungfrau by the fact that the contents of the botle are now in the glass). Madeye-Smiley

Adrian, by any chance are you bored .... Laughing

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 20-12-10 16:21; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not so much bored, more that the other things I have to do might not be quite so engaging!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AdrianV wrote:
AdrianV wrote:

... and the strange character in the background quite obviously the Eiger (who appears to have subverted the virtuous Jungfrau by the fact that the contents of the botle are now in the glass). Madeye-Smiley

I believe the "strange character" is Jeremy, the barman at the Sunstar Hotel Toofy Grin (Perhaps telford_mike can confirm)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No names, no pack drill....
snow conditions
You can tell it is Jeremy by the mad staring eyes.
ski holidays
Actually, you are all incorrect. The strange character in the picture is a FULL glass of Erdinger.....a very rare sighting! rolling eyes
latest report
AdrianV, Sorry my mistake
snow conditions
riverman, no worries; if you'd have blinked you'd have missed it Very Happy
snow report
Laughed a lot at the above, but anyhow......

Most of the area was closed today, owing to a nasty case of wind, known locally as the fohn. This has had the effect of turning the snow on the south facing slopes (i.e. the road down to our apartment) to slush.

But not to worry, we went for a walk, so here's a pic that will bring tears to Chris's eyes..

Oh yeah, and thanks to some sterling IT stuff and some woodwork, I have a real treat for the Wengenites amongst you, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see it. So stay tuned.

ski holidays
Drum roll....

Sneak preview of the new DHO website which includes a new webcam overlooking the Eigerhubel. The work to convert the content from the old website is incomplete, and there are a few glitches with the menus if you're using an old browser or a touchscreen device.

Anyhow here goes: http://www.downhillonly.com/site/cam.shtml
snow report
tissues anyone !

Nice picture Mike and some good photos opportunities along that walk

Very jealous indeed, keep them coming please
snow conditions
telford_mike, nice picture of the train - where is that view from, having difficulty placing it.

Webcam is excellent - though facing into the room may be more interesting in the evening!

I have IE7 (not such an old browser!) on the machine I am using at work, and the menu list at the left is displaced to the right so it overhangs the main frame.
ski holidays
telford_mike, thankyou, won't be able to get out there this year with funds being as tight as they are but at least I'll be able to watch the mountains from that camera Crying or Very sad
snow report
telford_mike, nice to see another webcam in the region, shame its off Wengen thou wink
latest report
AdrianV, I might be wrong but that picture was taken on the walking path between Winteregg to Grutschalp
latest report
Chris Brookes, yep, I think you're right....I was trying to work out what the buildings in the distant background were, and concluded it must be Wengen (my excuse being that I have only been over to the Murren side twice as far as I recall, so not a familiar view of the better far side of the valley Skullie )
snow report
Yup, full marks to Chris for spotting the location Smile

Today began really gloomy, befitting the shortest day of the year.

But it did manage to brighten up for an hour or so after lunch, which was nice. Most of the pistes are in pretty good nick - they get better still on the lower slopes where they're less windswept. Val chose a nice discrete outfit today.

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You think thats a "discreet" outfit, wait till you see mine! off on the 8th Jan , hotel Eiger Murren, will post pics when we get back. Glad to see all you guys have as much passion for the place as we do.
snow report
telford_mike, you've made me feel a bit better with your report today. Very Happy We are travelling out there this time next week and your reports from the last couple of days were giving cause for concern.

Keep the reports coming snowHead
snow conditions
Ray Zorro wrote:
telford_mike, you've made me feel a bit better with your report today. Very Happy We are travelling out there this time next week and your reports from the last couple of days were giving cause for concern.

Keep the reports coming snowHead

telford_mike yep, definitely happy about the story the pictures depict as like Ray Zorro I am also out there this time next week! woooohoooooooo! Message for Mrs telford_mike: like the trews!
ski holidays
AdrianV wrote:
Chris Brookes, yep, I think you're right....I was trying to work out what the buildings in the distant background were, and concluded it must be Wengen (my excuse being that I have only been over to the Murren side twice as far as I recall, so not a familiar view of the better far side of the valley Skullie )

It did confuse me at first too because im used to seeing it not so white over that side Laughing
snow conditions
Really good day today - sun came out about midday. Mild (+5 in the village) and very few people about.

Pit-stop at the outdoor bar just above the Mannlichen chair. We ran into Terry in Rocks Bar earlier, so we were 3 today.

Snow still good pretty much everywhere - absolutely no problem skiing down to Grund or Wengen. Hannegschuss and Innerwengen chair opened this afternoon. Jolly evening up at the Falken yesterday - Chris is selling Erdinger this season - yay! Baren for dinner tonight yum yum.
snow conditions
telford_mike, JEALOUS, JEALOUS, JEALOUS NehNeh
snow report
Brilliant photos. Will be there on the 3rd Jan. Only a week to go Yeeeeh.

Bloomin days in the office seem to take 2 hours for every-one.

Is Wixi running?
ski holidays
telford_mike, any new snow today ??
ski holidays
Very overcast this morning, even warmer (+Cool in the village, but no precipitation. Weather due to change tonight according to our local weather seer (aka Sandro who works on the Mannlichenbahn).
snow conditions
Possible rain on the lower slopes today, this might be snow higher though, temps will drop off today and by tomorrow will likely be below freezing at resort level, further light snow likely to fall tomorrow however I don't anticipate more than 15 to 20 cm max of new snow over the two days, Christmas Day and Boxing day likely to be bitterly cold with a possibility of temps dropping below -10 at resort level, Monday will have temps very slowly rising and by Tuesday they should be up to around freezing point perhaps just over during the day, no further snow for the foreseeable future, Temps will slowly rise at the beginning of the new year and probably achive current levels by the end of the first week in Jan, my crystal ball is a little fuzzy on this but there is currently a small chance of significant weather change arround the 7th/8th of Jan as we get closer I should be able to give a better indication
snow report
Although the weather is colder than average at the moment their is not much snow dumping at present..

D G Orf, thanks ...i hope your next update is a good one !
latest report
telford_mike wrote:
Very overcast this morning, even warmer (+Cool in the village, but no precipitation. Weather due to change tonight according to our local weather seer (aka Sandro who works on the Mannlichenbahn).

thanks Mike
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy