Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
I have also looked for that and not been able to find it. It looks like the website is still being updated for this winter.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
These are the latest maps for the pistes in the area, the link will take you to Kl-Scheidegg/Mannlichen, but links from there take you to First and Murren

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/winter/tourism/ski-region/kleine-scheidegg-maennlichen/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I couldn't find it either, the closest i got was a piste map but with no info. Lets hope it changes when they start reporting snow and lift reports from the 27th Nov ! Not very user friendly me thinks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
15cm in Murren village this morning !!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
40cm at Scheidegg if that bloke on twitter is to be believed. Schilthorn must have close to a metre by now Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well there's a good 15cm in Grindelwald so I'm guessing it won't be far off 40cm at Kleine Scheidegg. If it clears up a bit tomorrow I will try and put some pics up.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
LaserStock wrote:
Well there's a good 15cm in Grindelwald so I'm guessing it won't be far off 40cm at Kleine Scheidegg. If it clears up a bit tomorrow I will try and put some pics up.

Please do !
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here you go! Taken this morning and it's still snowing.

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lovely.....thankyou !!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm not jealous ... much

Like hell I'm not Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Still snowing by the looks of things Happy

3 weeks to go Smile Smile
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
With cold temps mother nature is creating a great base for the season !!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
LaserStock, Great pictures! February can't come soon enough
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lauberhorn chair will definitely open for a couple of days this weekend, with rumours abound that Arven, Honegg, Lager and the Mannlichen Cable Car and gondolas will open as well Cool
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Makes your mouth water doesn't it!!! Four weeks and counting.
Can't wait but got to!!!
snow conditions
Just more snow please.....needs more depth !
latest report
At least it's cold enough for the cannons and more forecast over the next few days.
snow report
LaserStock wrote:
At least it's cold enough for the cannons and more forecast over the next few days.

true...and its early !!
latest report
I hope they've fired up the heaters under the gluhvein vats.....they're gonna need it cos I"M COMIIIING !!!!
latest report
Couple of photos from today

latest report
The winter season can get going! The following facilities will be in operation on Saturday/Sunday, 27/28 November 2010:

Kleine Scheidegg
Wengernalp Railway (WAB)
Arven chairlift
Honegg chairlift
Lauberhorn chairlift

Männlichen
Grindelwald-Männlichen aerial gondola
Wengen-Männlichen aerial cableway
Männlichen chairlift
Läger chairlift

As soon as it’s known when the Schiltgrat chairlift can start operations, it will be published on this website page.

With favourable snow conditions, daily winter-sport operations will be as follows:

First
On weekend of 4-5 December 2010
Daily from 11 December 2010 to 3 April 2011.

Kleine Scheidegg-Männlichen
From 4 December 2010 – 10 April 2011. If snow conditions are favourable, the Arven, Honegg, Lauberhorn, Wixi and Eigernordwand chairlifts on Kleine Scheidegg will operate until 25.4.2011. Mürren-Schilthorn Schiltgrat chairlift with favourable snow conditions from 27.11. Daily from 4 December 2010 to 25 April 2011

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tourism/ski-region/

NB : The piste maps now have red/green symbols on the lifts !!
snow report
The symbols don't seem to line up in Firefox Sad
snow conditions
Its looking good !
snow report
Need more snow!

Saying that we do have enough to open, its been pretty cold and the cannons have been working away.
snow report
And as if by magic, it has just started snowing. snowHead
snow report
James Blunt to sing at the SnowpenAir on Saturday, 9 April 2011

Jungfrau Railways can welcome yet another world star to Kleine Scheidegg: James Blunt will appear at the SnowpenAir on Saturday, 9 April 2011. As well as his well-known hits, the British pop singer and songwriter will present his new album “Some Kind Of Trouble”. Other stars set to make the snow sizzle include German rockers The Spider Murphy Gang, the US American band Kool and the Gang, Swiss-dialect singer Marc Trauffer, and DJ Alex the Ski-Hut King.

http://www.jungfrau.ch/nc/en/tourism/news-events/news/details/archive/2010/11/article/james-blunt-singt-auf-2061-metern-a14ber-meer-587/
ski holidays
I have been here several times, and frankly i LOVE it! Great range of runs, some good off piste areas and a few snow parks if thats your thing! I stayed a bit out of resort in a the hotel neuhaus, but it was great, had a coach to take us to the train/gondola station and back so no real issue. Smile Ahhhhh, i want to go back!!!
snow report
19 sleeps to go, and counting Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AdrianV wrote:
19 sleeps to go, and counting Cool

Slow down! I'll be back by then!
ski holidays
Need more snow in the region !!
ski holidays
Chris Brookes wrote:
Need more beer in the region !!

EFA Very Happy
snow conditions
Hi folks,
Friends are joining us in Wengen in February, driving from Italy and will probably park in Luaterbrunnen. Any advice about where is best, should they/must they book in advance? Any info or tips gratefully received.
latest report
Brian T, there is a multi storey in Lauterbrunnen - one of the locals will advise on price and booking if necessary
snow conditions
Brian T, On my only visit to Wengen, I booked parking in advance in the multi-storey attached to Lauterbrunnen station. I'm not sure if it's necessary to book, but it presumably guarantees you a place.

It's very convenient, as you can get a trolley to transport your gear to the station platform. I can't remember the cost for a week, so that probably means it wasn't too much.
snow conditions
The multi storey is definitely the best option, however there are several "overflow" car parks if necessary. These just aren't as convenient.
snow report
Link for the multi-story carpark: http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tourism/travel-information/parking/
snow report
Always advisable to pre book your parking space and have change for the trolley !
latest report
It was very foggy today. Thanks to the now extensive snow making skiing is pretty good. Pistes without snow making, around tschuggen and Gummi are likely to close this week to save them for Christmas but should be ok for next week end. pistes to the village, below allmend, are closed but have huge piles of artificial waiting to make the piste for christmas. I have been trying to give accurate snow reports via Snow-forecast.com but they seem to prefer made up reports from wimbledon, what can I say?? I will keep trying but I don't like to be made a fool of.
snow conditions
Bit misleading on snow-forecast website stating the top of Wengen is 2970m !!

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Wengen/metars/latest

On the Murren page the top is at 2971m ....wow 1m difference....i thought the highest ski lift in Wengen was Eigergletdcher 2320m ?

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 13-12-10 15:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
SkiBob, That you mate?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy