Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Ronald wrote:
I intend to do the Inferno half again, Chris, you going to be there that week Very Happy?

The video of the Ferrata looks faintly familiar ;D

should be, will touch base nearer the time wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Footage on the bridge (Murren Ferrata) -

http://youtube.com/v/xJFwODfECCY
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have to say whilst I've never been overly worried by long drops I don't think theres enough money in the world to bribe me to do that Ferrata, of course I'm pretty heavy so I'd guess the bridge there would be doing a fair bit of bouncing if I were walking across it, so perhaps its just as well that I can't be persuaded to do it Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
D G Orf, Just watching that makes me feel queasy. Going green
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
but it has to be done !!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Brookes wrote:
but it has to be done !!

Not by me, it doesn't. wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chris Brookes, You're the first who actually is not totally afraid of it looking at the vids/pics Wink

Be there next year, I guess wigan will be there to explain the secrets Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ronald wrote:
Chris Brookes, You're the first who actually is not totally afraid of it looking at the vids/pics Wink

Be there next year, I guess wigan will be there to explain the secrets Wink

Dont get me wrong...its looks very scary indeed but over the years i've done a tandem skydive over Jersey from 10,000ft free falling for 30 seconds and been to a number of locations in France to do bungee jumping...always for charity !!

Talking about charity...yesterday i did the North Coast Charity Challenge here and walked 20 miles in 6 hours up and down the cliff paths of Jersey and the weather was lovely for it(see below).

Next year i'm also planning depending on the weather(tried in 2008) a tadem paraglide off the Schilthorn down to Stechelberg.

Ronald...would be great to meet up next year !!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
check this out...watch and wait and see what happens !!

http://youtube.com/v/7NtqmQeJPJ0
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris Brookes wrote:
check this out...watch and wait and see what happens !!

http://youtube.com/v/7NtqmQeJPJ0

Eeeeeekk!
We were watching base jumpers come down. Now that is madness...
The Murren klettersteig/via ferrata route is perfectly safe though, impressively so, all shiny and new, constructed in 200?, perfectly sound, amazing really.

Most routes that I've done previously (admittedly only in the Bavarian Alps) are more like the route Ronald and I did on the Schwarzhorn - slightly rusty chain at the start and stretches of cable suspiciously absent on some parts of the ridge Shocked Which still leaves them no worse than a grade 2/3 scramble, but psychs you out a bit when you've got used to having a cable.

Lovely, lovely area though! I can see why you are on page 172 of your thread Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Lovely, lovely area though! I can see why you are on page 172 of your thread

Yeah sorry about that, my fault for starting it I guess Embarassed
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Replacement of Wixi chairlift by 6-seater facility in 2012

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/winter/company/buildings-projects/current-projects/sesselbahn-wixi/
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No great surprise for anyone I guess Chris, the Wixi/Fallboden lifts have always attracted queues during busy times, the run down the Lauberhorn to Wixi is in direct sun from mid morning onwards which means the route attracts a lot of people, it makes sense that with more people going up from Arven towards Eigergletscher teh Wixi would attract a still larger number of people
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes, I heard a rumour about this last year, good to see it's definitely going to happen. It's going to make the runs down to Wixi busier at times though. Let's hope they can get some new runs in as well.

I did think Tschuggen would have been next though.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tschuggen will be a long time in being replaced, at one point it looked as if it would be done due to teh old piste crossing over the path of the lift, but they moved the piste instead.

I suspect it will also be some time before we see additional new runs, in fact since I started skiing in the area in the early 1970's I can only think of one really new run (Gummi Nord) though several have been lengthened or had their paths altered, several have also been removed, telegraph field going to Inner Wengen, teh cut through below the bumps lift that led down to teh Telegraphfield/Racetrack junction, teh seccond split of the Blue piste to Brandegg, the Black Run down the old Mannlichen racetrack (vanished when they made the red a really wide motorway), the high route into Wengen that ran above the railway line (before my time but my parents told me about it), the drag lift on the Brunner slopes (Not economic), and the lift up plumb pudding (below Wengeneralp station) destroyed by hurricane force winds and never rebuilt (again before my time), plus a fair number of other routes
snow report
I know it's only September, and I'm not going to be there until at least January, but I'm excited to see that there is snow forecast tomorrow night at the higher levels in the region Happy I'll have to check the Kleine Scheidegg webcam on Saturday morning..
snow report
stevehaskew wrote:
I know it's only September, and I'm not going to be there until at least January, but I'm excited to see that there is snow forecast tomorrow night at the higher levels in the region Happy I'll have to check the Kleine Scheidegg webcam on Saturday morning..

I will be checking too Laughing
snow conditions
It will not last but its nice to see...winter will soon be here !!

http://livecam.feratel.at/cam/muerren/44003/index.jsp
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, Great sight - am ready for winter in the mountains.
ski holidays
Happy

Pity it'll melt soon!
latest report
D G Orf, Happy Birthday!

stevehaskew, yes it'll melt, but still good to see Very Happy
ski holidays
Ronald, thankyou Happy
snow report
D G Orf. Happy Birthday !!
ski holidays
stevehaskew wrote:
Happy

Pity it'll melt soon!

Looking good !!
latest report
D G Orf, Happy Birthday! Very Happy
Hope you can make it out to Wengen this season!
ski holidays
David....are you popping out this winter ??
ski holidays
As for visiting the region this year, I hope so but will have to wait and see if I have any money, work has been very bad so far this year Sad
snow report
D G Orf wrote:
As for visiting the region this year, I hope so but will have to wait and see if I have any money, work has been very bad so far this year Sad

sorry to hear
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Such is life, it's the risk of being self employed, the up side is I don't ever have to get anyones approval for a holiday and I can turn down work I don't like Cool
snow conditions
D G Orf wrote:
Such is life, it's the risk of being self employed, the up side is I don't ever have to get anyones approval for a holiday and I can turn down work I don't like Cool

very true..

Its been awhile since you have been out to Wengen...you need to make it you mission this season !!
latest report
Snowline must be around 1900m
snow report
Jungfraujoch - New attraction will let visitors go further into the mountain...opens in April 2012

http://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/106827/
snow report
http://beo-news.ch/abns2010/okt2010/doppelspur06.htm

They started building double track rail between Wengen and Almend about 900 meters.
From December 2011 the Wengen side of the WAB will run a half hourly schedule, just like the Grindelwald side.
ski holidays
Civic improvements in Wengen:

Old reception area in the Eiger is being turned into a bank:

Central Sport being renovated:

snow conditions
Next will be the traffic lights Laughing

They had 7cms of snow yesterday in Murren........not long to go !!
latest report
Looks like a reasonable amount of snow still at Scheidegg http://www.ultrasoft.ch/scheidegg/scheidegg.jpg?40476.5200694444

Up to 55cm of snow up at teh Lauberhorn apparently
snow report
Awesome! Here's to a great season.
latest report
It will be intresting to see if this snow lasts till the season starts or if as is more normal it melts after a few days to a week, still very early to have this much snow at that altitude
snow report
D G Orf, Still it all helps to chill the ground prior to more snow falling. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Coldest winter in 1,000 years on its way

Forecasters say this winter could be the coldest Europe has seen in the last 1,000 years.

The change is reportedly connected with the speed of the Gulf Stream, which has shrunk in half in just the last couple of years. Polish scientists say that it means the stream will not be able to compensate for the cold from the Arctic winds. According to them, when the stream is completely stopped, a new Ice Age will begin in Europe

http://rt.com/prime-time/2010-10-04/coldest-winter-emergency-measures.html
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy