Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
gamer2471, No it's not, however it does cover the same area, it doesn't cover the ski lifts, only the trains, cable cars and gondolas. but if you are only sledging and walking that will be perfect
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We used the Sledging and Walking pass last year - ... but wondering if the Ski Pass also includes the trains ?.. as it's currently CHEAPER (see my previous message ***update comment)

I'm aware the Sledging and Walking pass does not include the ski lifts (as you'd have no use) - so my updated question is,....

Can we use a Ski Pass ?.. yes it's overkill in one sense - but moneywise it's MUCH cheaper than the Sledging and Walking pass now it's been discounted for our travel dates...
So do we get the same benefits/travel options with a ski pass ? as we had last year on the Sledging and Walking Pass ?

not sure I'm explaining this very well.. Blush

could we use just a SKI PASS ?... for sledging and hiking ?...
(i know it's wishful thinking) as that pass costs CHF 157 !! (£105) on shop.jungfrau right now (heavily discounted)
do you get the jungfrau region trains on a SKI PASS ? or is it just the gondolas / ski lifts / cable cars ?

advice appreciated Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gamer2471, Ski pass covers every lift including the trains, normally the ski passes are much more expensive but with the various offers it may well be cheaper to get the ski pass, when I went out with my dear old mum for the last time before she passed away I got her a ski pass as it worked out cheaper than the walking pass, make sure you get a full Jungfrau Region pass as opposed to the individual area passes, that will cover you on all the trains between Interlaken Ost and EigerGletscher (gives you a discount if you want a trip to Jungfraujoch) Plus up to Murren (and the Schilthorn) all Gondolas, Cable Cars, chairlifts and so on, I have seen walkers using a few of the chairlifts, they will slow the chair right down at top and bottom to let you get on and off, but the only one I can think of worth using it for is to go from InnerWengen up to Allmend
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thankyou VERY much indeed..

as >>
the Sledging and Walking Pass for our dates = CHF 237 per person
the Ski Pass (jungfrau region) = CHF 157 per person ("was" CHF 314!)

thanks again
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
D G Orf, looking to your forecast for next week as you are our weather guru Very Happy
Snow forecast is predicting up to 50 cn over 2/3 days. Do you concur?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Brian T wrote:
D G Orf, looking to your forecast for next week as you are our weather guru Very Happy
Snow forecast is predicting up to 50 cn over 2/3 days. Do you concur?

Tuesday looks like a heavy snow day above 1600m
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Several forecasts giving heavy snow for the middle of next week. The exception is Swiss Meteo, who say high temperatures and fohn winds.

Who knows. When we arrived on 17th December last year there was no snow at all, and it was rainng so hard we had to get a taxi to take us 400 yards to our apartment.

Ventured out to the pub later that evening, and by the time we left, guess what:

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
They have the snow cannons on up at the top of the Lauberhorn
http://panocam.panomax.at/lauberhorn
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Current Forecast:

Fine weather until probably Sunday the 25th, then potentially (unless it cools a lot) a lot of rain at resort levels,

Current temps (Mid Day local time) at Schiltorn (2970M) 0C and at Jungfraujoch (3571M) -4C which goes with the typical 2C drop every 300M My forecast for Wengen (1274M) (suggests a temp of maybe 6-8C right now though it may be slightly warmer

The Forecast suggests that temps will remain warm until at least Monday 26th when they will slowly start to fall approaching 0C at resort level on Wednesday or Thursday, unfortunately most precipitation will occur before Wednesday, Hopefully at least on the upper slopes, that means snow in which case Lauberhorn, Mannlichen. Schilthorn etc could get up to 60cm of the white stuff.

There will almost certainly be a little snow on Thursday or Friday right down to main resort levels but only maybe 10-15cm

The Long range forecast is as follows

Temps for the first week in December should remain colder with further snowfall down to resort level looking likely (possibly as much as 30cm) there is however a possiblity of a temperature rise after the 7th of December bringing more rain, as always forecasts that far into the future are unreliable hope that helps.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Grindlewald this time, these Hi-Res panorama cams are really good - it shows up some of the older cameras - they really need a new Cam on Mannlichen http://kirchbuehl.roundshot.ch/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fabulous camera Smile All the forecasts now agree that it'll get a lot colder with lots of snow next week.

20 more sleeps snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Forecast Update from yours truly, now likely to be fairly heavy rain (almost certain at lower levels) on Monday gradually turning to good sized snowfall probably from Tuesday the 27th, potential now for up to 100cm or even more snow before the end of the week, long range forecast suggests remaining cold (with little snow) the following week
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sherlockis, Agreed a new High Def camera on Mannlichen would be excellent, but I do like the one at Lauberhorn
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I love the cam at the Lauberhorn and wish they had some across at the better village/slopes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chris Brookes, they do have one on the Bellvue hotel in Wengen http://bellevue.roundshot.ch/
snow conditions
D G Orf wrote:
Chris Brookes, they do have one on the Bellvue hotel in Wengen http://bellevue.roundshot.ch/

Ha bloody ha Laughing
ski holidays
Well you did say the better village Razz You can even see the lower part of the Lauberhorn race course from it Little Angel
snow conditions
Just an update on the 'EarlyBird' discount for 6-day passes.

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tourism/ski-region/#earlybird-6-tages-skipass_412

Anyone know why it's 6 day passes only. Looking at the prices - who would buy a 4 or 5 day pass when they are more than a 6 day pass on 'Special'?
latest report
sherlockis, I suspect it's because most tourists buy a 6 day pass, percentage wise most people have a weeks holiday which when skiing means 6 days
ski holidays
D G Orf

I'd thought that - Most locals have the season pass anyway.
It does make longer stays less attractive though, we normally try and squeeze in 8 or 9 days over Feb half term, which doesn't really fit the pricing (too much £££ for 2x6 days, and still ouch! for 9 days)
We'll just have to try and squeeze in 12 days outside of peak season Wink
snow report
Well as per my Forecast it's raining in Wengen, but the freezing line is a little lower than predicted so it's recently switched from rain to snow in Murren (roads still clear of snow but everything else covered) and it's snowing nicely on the Lauberhorn
snow conditions
Not much snow Yesterday no more than 5 - 10 cm at Kleine Scheidegg but more on the way and it's now snowing lightly in Wengen but it's only just started to settle

Forecast Suggests strongly that there will be at leas 2 days of snow then a likelyhood of clear ish weather over the weekend before a bit more now next week, temps will carry on dropping till they get nicely below zero so any snow now looks like staying, there may be a chance of some skiing from this weekend for anyone who's already there though of course it would be limited, but there might have been enough snow by then to at least open some of the more grassy slopes
snow conditions
I was so hoping for a better dump today. I have been told that Mürren has had about 15 cms so far but only in the early evening did it start to stick on the roads...more to come they say.
snow report
Chris Brookes, it's not unusual to get the biggest dumps in the early morning and early evening, not quite sure why but I think it has something to do with sun rise and set, though it also seems to tail off late at night as well, don't forget this is still very early in the season, most hotels in the area don't open for another 2 or even 3 weeks
snow report
Any thoughts on the accuracy or otherwise of the Wengen forecast from Netweather.tv. Puzzled
snow report
Brian T, I think they use the same basis as I do so it should be fairly accurate, I'm guessing they do the calcs as I do and multiply rainfall by 10 to get snowfall as I can't see Wengen getting a total of 244 cm of snow in one day but I could see it getting 244 mm as with my long range forecasts anything over a week away is somewhat guesswork

It's important for people to remember that the lower slopes can open with not much more than 1 ft of snow on them, but the upper slopes especially those above Kleine Scheidegg need something like 3 times that amount, this is not to cover the rocks (which requires even more) but to be able to open as the top of Tschuggen, Mannlichen, Lauberhorn and Eigergletscher tend to be windswept I've seen 80 cm of snow at Kleine Scheidegg in the reports but when I've actually got up there discovered grass showing through many of the slopes above there.

Generally if Wenge shows the Lower Slopes with 40cm or more and Kleine Scheidegg/Mannlichen with 100cm you can be pretty certain most of the runs will be open, Gummi Nord needs more though as theres a 1.5M high rock down there that needs to be covered ! Laughing
snow report
Someone's eager to make first tracks

http://panocam.skiline.cc/lauberhorn?t=2012-11-29+12:10:00
latest report
D G Orf, crumbs....bit of a hike for low vis skiing,worth it i wonder ??
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes, they might be workmen for the new lift in which case they probably got a free uplift, or possibly other workers checking kit, the snow makers were going again this morning I see
ski holidays
Winter has arrived in Mürren

ski holidays
Piste bashers working on Lauberhorn now, ready for skiing tomorrow.
latest report
There's only just enough snow but it's a good start I think, more cold weather and light snow in the forecast which will all help build a good base
snow report
The view from the Hotel Jungfrau,Its looks excellent...Winter is here (hopefully to stay this time)

Thanks to Hotel Jungfrau for sharing : http://www.hoteljungfrau.ch

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 30-11-12 14:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, Great pix - am taking the whole family to Alpenruh for Christmas - my Mexican sister in law has never seen real snow!
snow report
Latest Issue of Ski and Board features skier Amie Engerbretson blasting through the trees just below the Almendhubel in Mürren

Taken by John Norris Photography http://www.chamonixart.com/
latest report
At last a new webcam in Mürren.

The Edelweiss have purchased a Roundshot 360° and positioned on the roof of the hotel

http://hoteledelweiss.roundshot.ch/
ski holidays
Great find Chris, and such great views over to the better side of the valley Wink
ski holidays
sherlockis wrote:
Great find Chris, and such great views over to the better side of the valley Wink

I couldn't agree more Laughing

Its just started to snow again too !!
ski holidays
A lot of snow forecasted for the next few days !!!!!!!

http://www.bergfex.ch/muerren-schilthorn/wetter/
snow conditions
Twitter:

@WengenLauberhor: #Jungfrau Railway: The connection from Wengen and Grindelwald up to Jungfraujoch is closed until 10am. Strong wind & danger of avalanche.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy