Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scottish Snow 2010/11 - latest webcams post 1

Poster: A snowHead
scotia, we'll be paying close attention but their wanting to film tree skiing.. so that means we'll be skiing the east.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
milnerhome wrote:
scotia, we'll be paying close attention but their wanting to film tree skiing.. so that means we'll be skiing the east.

Good luck finding tree skiing and snow after tomorrow Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, have fun snowHead snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
milnerhome, you'll be very lucky to get tree skiing I reckon. It doesn't happen all that often.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is the first lift at 9am midweek for glencoe?

Cheers,

Greg
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, yeh but I don't think there will be too much competition for space in the car park. Say Hello if you see me, green jacket + orange skis. Not decided whether to hit Glencoe or Nevis yet.

Ross
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glenoce had some beautiful snow today and i just wish the visibility stay all day but it was pretty grim in the afternoon

The morning however was pretty sweet snowHead

Just hope the thaw this week doesn't hurt us too much
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
scotia wrote:
kitenski, yeh but I don't think there will be too much competition for space in the car park. Say Hello if you see me, green jacket + orange skis. Not decided whether to hit Glencoe or Nevis yet.

Ross

I'm more thinking of being first down Spring if it's open Wink

Nevis = no braveheart = Glencoe for me !!

I'll be black jacket, grey pants, blue Ortovox rucksack, black/grey HS freeride skis...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski, fair point. We'll decide first time.

Check out

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Very Happy

Looking at the forecast I can't help but think that Braveheart could run in the afternoon depending on stability http://mwis.org.uk/wh.php
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks like i will be up around Aviemore for skiing on Feb 9th, 10th and 11th. Who is available for a ski, really want to ski with someone else if possible. Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
scotia, not raining/snowing at Ballachulish at the moment...

Braveheart says closed on the nevis website, 7 others which ran today say expected to open....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ricklovesthepowder, looks like I'm there the weekend before...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
no probs. im sure there will be a snowHead up there while i am.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ricklovesthepowder,
I'm gonna be up there probably, won't be in the main ski area though Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
milnerhome, are you up there on those dates? Where you going to be the?
ski holidays
kitenski, aye but occasionally they give it a spin in the afternoon just to check it still turns Wink

I just drove Loch Lomond-side and it was dumping with snow, massive fat flakes, but it soon turned to rain. There could be something heading your way Very Happy
snow conditions
roga wrote:
JDC, really great pics - was this your first time skiing Scotland or have you been before?

Usually a weekend warrior, but first year with an all area pass so making good use of it.
latest report
Hi guys, much snow overnight? Looked like a lot of precipitation over the highlands just keen to know as I'm up there on the 8th feb!!!
snow conditions
JDC, cool - you picked a good season to get an all area pass Very Happy
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, I'd love to have seen you on Christmas morning when you were a kid... you'd be like
Xbox kid! Smile
ski holidays
MoodyFFS, this is what I'm like every time it snows lol!that video has just had me in stitches, very funny. So, Erm, did if snow then?
latest report
love how the dog starts barking... he's probably thinking "someone better call an ambulance, the kid has just gone into a fit!"
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder, I believe it did - 10 cm at Cairngorm overnight, probably as much if not more in the west ... now calm down Wink
ski holidays
Cracking day at Glencoe today. I'd post photos but have misplaced my camera cable so you'll just have to imagine the clear blue sky and fresh snow:
ski holidays
As scotia says ( nice to meet you) cracking day, not sure if much fresh fell overnight but the snow was nice and soft, some wind blown, some hard bits & some fluffy bits!!

Apparently someone was avalanched at cairngorm yesterday???
snow report
kitenski, glad you had a good day Very Happy

scotia, ditto Very Happy

I heard about the avalanche but don't know any details.

On a diferent note (and hopefully not considered too off-topic), here are a couple of interesting stories around in the media today (have posted these to The Piste as well):

The Rebirth of Aviemore

MSP calls for a fresh look at Ben Wyvis ski resort plan

Anyone noticed how positive things are suddenly seeming for Scottish snowsports after all the negativity of the early/mid naughties?! Shocked

And to cap it all the Highlands, with particular mention of the Cairngorms and Nevis Range, have made it into National Geographic's top 20 places in the world to visit in 2011:

20 Best Trips of 2011 Shocked Shocked

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
kitenski, you too. Have a safe trip home.
snow report
One word for the snow conditions at CGM today - AMAZING!

Cas was unpisted first thing which was a magic soft start to the day. White Lady and Side Track were fantastic, as was East Wall of Lady, with just the odd hard patch in amongst the lovely powder.

The best of the day for me though was Laogh Mor which was barely used until late afternoon. The right side of the pisted track at the steep part was just off piste-tastic!

A great day out and following lunch when the hill fog at the top lifted, you could see for miles. 13th day of the season but definitely the best.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow Time, do you think you will be skiing 9th, 10th 11th Feb? Need a ski buddy and someone who knows the place like the back of their hand would be ideal!!! Very Happy
snow report
My pending trip has really got me thinking... here is my take on what a Alps inspired website for Cairngorm could look like...
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
Snow Time, do you think you will be skiing 9th, 10th 11th Feb? Need a ski buddy and someone who knows the place like the back of their hand would be ideal!!! Very Happy

I can't guarantee it but I show be able to make at least one of the days (ideally the 9th to show you around the mountain).
ski holidays
Snow Time, what ever suits you the best. That would be great if you could make it.
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder, If there's decent snow, i'll probably be up one of those days as well. Happy to show you around.
ski holidays
Not a bad view as I got into the car...

Scotia on spring run

and playing around offpiste near the top tow

Heading back to Spring Run in the afternoon

Last view as I leave Glencoe and head south...

snow report
Nice photos guys! Smile
snow report
Spring Run is great when it's fully loaded and you can combine it with a run from the very top all the way down to the car park, probably one of my bestest pistes in Scotland. Very Happy
snow conditions
shoogly, yes that would be great. Where abouts in scoand are you based? I am skiing for 3 days so the first and last I will do cairngorm, but the middle day I'm thinking of a trip to nevis range?
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, If your there for 3 days I'd do Nevis, Glencoe and Gorm or Glenshee if I was you......but be prepared to go where the snow is best!
snow conditions
yep... agree with Kitenski... wait and see where the best snow is. I'd only be up for one day, coming from the central belt.

Post here nearer the time, as in the wed or thurs before that weekend and we'll see what the conditions are like. A LOT can happen to Scottish skiing conditions in a very short space of time.
latest report
kitenski, Like you said a tour would be great but think I wil ski cairngorm twice as it's the nearest to where I'm staying. Nevis is 45 minutes away so will probably give that a go.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy