Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs snow report 2007/2008 season

Poster: A snowHead
Butterfly wrote:
Think I've found the waterslide:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2fvp1_rr-waterslide_extreme

Excellent!!!

As a keen waterskier might try Les Arcs next year to have a do at this!!

Way cool - as my son would say!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
waterskibabe, from earlier posts I don't think it is open all the time, so you may have to choose your dates carefully. Am sure rob@rar or someone else will advise on that.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Butterfly, Great find, do not know how you managed it but well done, must have taken some time. Hope to see a few of those coming out giving it a try in the coming weeks. see you at the altiport. Let'sw hope they open it soon. I hope all this talk of new snow is true, I am back on monday and hope to find powder (at least dreaming of it).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

http://youtube.com/v/VlZfVYEUeik

Now thats a waterslide
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kel, excellent - the guy in a canoe who missed was amusing Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kel, Great vid clip - thanks - I was convinced the kayaker would make it in the end... snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello Les Arcs pros!

Planning to go there mid-April... Any thoughts if it's a wise plan?... Smile

I swear I saw somewere on Les Arcs pages a promise to refund skipass if more than 50% of pistes are closed... Can't find that now. Was it really so or am I dreaming? Thinking about buying skipass in advance but what if I arrive and snow is no more...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
From http://www.lesarcs.com/IMG/pdf/CGV_07_08_ang.pdf

Quote:

A total stoppage of more than half a day of over 50% of the ski lifts in the skiing area (calculated from ski lift power
coefficients) is the only circumstance giving rise to compensation for the loss suffered by a Ticket holder upon
presentation of the said Ticket and the completion of a compensation request form issued by the operator's ticket
offices.
Only those Tickets acquired and paid directly by their holder to the operator's ticket offices are eligible for
compensation.
This compensation may take the following formats, as selected by the Ticket holder:
A immediate extension of the validity period of his Ticket.
B a credit note in day(s) for the Ticket. to be used before the end of the winter season following the
current seasons (n+2). In this case the Ticket issued must be personalised and show clearly the
name of the holder.
C Pricing compensation fixed by the operator
For compensation conditions B and C above to be granted, supporting documents attached to the request for
compensation must be deposited at the operator's tickets offices by the Ticket holder within one month of the ski lift
interruption.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sniegagalva, Welcome to snowHead 's! We're there Easter Saturday but will save you some snow!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ringingmaster, so in English that translates as "you'll be lucky"
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am on hols in 2000 next Saturday, should arrive in resort at about 1pm. If I remember right there is a free lift in 2000 which would be adequate for Mrs Kel to find her ski legs.

Did I remember right and if so which lift is it. Whatever we will be at the top of Aguille Rouge by 9.10 am Sunday, whether or not this is agreeable to Mrs Kel Razz Razz Razz
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kel, St Jacques used to be free, but I believe now if operates on a pay per ride basis, €1 or €2 per lift iirc, if you don't have a pass.

Ski schools still get it for free so if you are in the beginners classes you don't need to get a pass for the first couple of days.

Of course I take no responsibility for the accuracy of this information! I'd check at the pass office in 2000...

This bit though, is copper bottomed:

You can also ski from 2000 to 1950, and the Cabriolet between the two is free, so that's a nice little circuit to get warmed up on Sat afternoon (so if you do pop over to St Jacques and they blow you off, you won't be stuck: you can continue on down to 1950 and get the Cabriolet back up)

Or you can go all the way down to Pre St Esprit, down the blue Cascades run, and catch the free shuttle bus back up to 2000: they run every 15 - 20 mins (there is a timetable), so not so bad if your timing is right. And if wrong, there is always the cafe by the bus stop...

We'll probably see you whizzing past, we arrive in 1950 at about 4pm
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for welcomes and ringingmaster, thanks for digging the pdf up!

I hope this – "C Pricing compensation fixed by the operator" does mean "refund" in English... And - "Only those Tickets acquired and paid directly by their holder to the operator's ticket offices are eligible for compensation" doesn't rule out their online store. I'll probably call them to clarify.

+1°C today at ARC 2000... Confused Really hope the snow will hold till April 12... and a week more...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like theres a good dump on the way, for all of us out there at Easter Razz , lets hope the forecast is right

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Les-Arcs/6day/mid
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
An update on the weather - there was about 10cm new snow in Plan Peisey last night, but probably double above 2000 metres. We went out this morning, and it was delightful at the side of the piste, nice light powder.
Now the bad news: at lunchtime, the weather closed in and temperatures started to rise lower down. We charged into Blanche muree for an early lunch, not resisting the urge to take the p*** out of the waiters for France's abject display against Wales last night. They were suitably contrite! When we reappeared, the snow was slabby & not 'alf as good! The weather closed in, very foggy in 1800,zero visibity higher up. So we headed for the woods in Peisey, where the visibility improved.
Now the good news - when we returned to our home in Peisey, the temperature dropped again, and , as I write, there is a blizzard going flat out. The forecast is for another 30-40cms. tonight .
YIPPEE
snow report
fj Sounds like the conditions are shaping up at last, please keep us posted on conditions for those arriving next week. Cheers Kel.

I will update next week for those arriving 29th.

Can't wait Razz Cool Razz
snow conditions
Kel wrote:
I am on hols in 2000 next Saturday, should arrive in resort at about 1pm. If I remember right there is a free lift in 2000 which would be adequate for Mrs Kel to find her ski legs.

Did I remember right and if so which lift is it. Whatever we will be at the top of Aguille Rouge by 9.10 am Sunday, whether or not this is agreeable to Mrs Kel Razz Razz Razz

Chantel is free on Sunday only
latest report
Hi everyone the snow depths sound great hope it clears tomorrow for som e good skiing. Anyone want to meet for a drink i will be at the altiport above 1800/1600 at about 4.45 from tomorrow most days. Then ski down when they close the lifts. Hope to see some of you there. If anyone wants to meet up for a ski PM me if you want to go find some of this great powder that has just arrived.

sniegagalva, There has been great snow here in April for the last three years at least. I have had know problem even on 26 April so book your pass and get out here, right now there is fresh powder again.
snow report
Kel wrote:

Thanks for all the info, but I have found the details myself on the official Les arcs website rolling eyes anyone else arriving early Saturday wanting to go for a quick "free" blast might find this useful

http://www.lesarcs.com/Nouvelle-traduction-03-you-re-just

http://www.lesarcs.com/Ski-for-free
snow conditions
Kel, Your link says the St Jacques lift in 2000 is free Sat and Sun (3 euros per ride otherwise). Does anybody know what this gives access to? - I'm hoping to have a bit of a warm up / test hire skis if we arrive in daylight on Sat afternoon - noted the earlier posts about Cascades that sounds intersting. (Though I'd rather struggle through blizzards, arrive at Midnight and have a powder day on Sunday!) snowHead
snow conditions
Kewhoward, The st Jacques gives access to 2 Blue Pistes, one is the marais and can't remember the name of the other. Here's a link to Les Arcs piste map

http://www.paradiski.com/skiplan/skiplan.htm
snow conditions
Today the snow was great early on with powder on most runs and blue sky. Found some great off piste and had a blast before lunch. By 2pm the snow at most levels was turning heavy and becoming a little unstable. They opened the top cable car about 2.30/3pm which was good but rather late to make the most of the good snow. The light turned flat by 3.30pm and we all ended up at the Altiport by 4 for a drink and a good laugh and cheers for those trying the waterslide. The crashes by the snowboarders are the best!!! It is open and after various measuring games, some quite wet we think it is about 15 - 18m long. Any snowheads up for this, do come with t-shirts on so we can post some pics of those that make it across or do not!!! Toofy Grin Best last thing in the day so you can go home to dry off. Cheers everyone!!
ski holidays
snowcrazy,

Cheers sounds like your having a blast, I will be out there next week, I ski on Scott RCX , which I have never seen anyone else on. So if you see an old geezer with these on it will probably be me, the wife ski's on Girlie Salomon axcess 120's, so you cant really miss us. Dont be shy introduce yourself, if your still there, cant wait. The forecast looks goood also. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Kel, kewhoward,

I was close!!!

St Jacques is actually the slowest lift in the history of lifts (like a professor of slow, doing slow things in a slow way, to badly misquote Blackadder) Perfect for beginners, but you will get cold on it - take some thermals! There are two main blues from it which surround a wide "between piste" area that you can have some practice fun in: unlikley to be tracked out if the predicted Friday snows arrive. You can also take a track around to the Marmottes piste from there, and down to 1950 village. But none of them is a long run.

It also purports to being a bit chilly on the weekend - see http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Les-Arcs/6day/mid - albeit less windy than predicted earlier in the week.

Family starting to get a little bit excited - have re-checked train a few times: we arrive at 14:43 in Bourg, so will be in resort for 15:30. Probably too late for Saturday ski, but certainly early enough to get the hiring / waxing done for Sunday.

Ahem. Permit me a mild whoop of anticipation.
ski holidays
JimW wrote:
Ahem. Permit me a mild whoop of anticipation.

Permission granted. Have a great time Smile Sorry we won't be able to meet up on this trip.
snow report
JimW, Thanks for the info - we're staying at Arc 2000 hopefully arriving early afternoon Sat in a group of 30. Cant tell you what skis - at the mercy of hire shop! Black Spyder jacket (I know Embarassed ) and totally non matching air force blue helmet (TK Maxx special Laughing )Extra thermals packed already! We'll look out for you snowHead

Thanks again to eveybody else , esp rob@rar, for the advice and helping the build up to this trip! 2.5 more sleeps (2:30 taxi sat morning snowHead snowHead )
snow conditions
'Just' back from an awesome long weekend... fresh snow on Sunday and Monday and the icing on the cake being better visibility yesterday! From my perspective, some of the best conditions I've had in 9 years of weekend trips to Les Arcs!
ski holidays
Packing tomorrow for Les Arcs early flight from Manchester Saturday, I always pack a set of thermals but never wear them, think I will pack 2 pairs this time. Snow looks great, just bothered about the flat light, like to see the bumps.

www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Les-Arcs/6day/mid

I doubt I will sleep tonight Razz Embarassed Razz
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My train leaves in exactly 15 hours the 14:04 from St P, overnighting in Paris, then early TGV to 1950...

oh so slightly excited... Razz snowHead Cool
snow conditions
kewhoward, JimW,
I know its a bit Chavvy but dont forget to pack your England tops for Wedskewhoward, Also stopping in 2000 hope to see you and your group there

JimW, Only slightly excited, how about best Easter conditions for years, more like Hyper Mega excited.

Hope to meet up, big guy skiing on Scott RCX Razz Razz
latest report
Anyone heading out tomorrow is in for a treat .... if they can actually get up to the resorts!
Today we skiied all day in deep powder - on piste and off. It was light and fluffy powder too!!!!! I got stuck ON A BLUE RUN UP TO MY THIGHS. Hubby and others were up to their waists off the side.
It is still snowing - everything is white - down to Bourg St Maurice and it looks set in for at least the weekend.
We are in BSM and are SERIOUSLY worried about how we will get back to Geneva as our hire car has no snow chains..
Make sure you have them if you are driving.

Have fun... Little Angel
ski holidays
jayne durham, He he, totally right!!!! and it's still snowing now (9PM), best day of my sking 'career' so far - just to out do you, up to my chest in between the trees (or gaps - to be correct). Can't add a lot more, but this is skiing...... (boarding) as the Ozzies would say --- Awesome
ski holidays
Today was the best DUMP since 1999, the year of the avalanches all over Europe, when our caravan was buried in the snow in Nancroix! I woke up early, at 6.0 a.m., and it had just started snowing, as Jayne said, it just kept coming, light & fluffy, the BEST snow of the season! We only went out late, no panic, and we were skiing down the side of the pistes: we were skiing over the top of other peoples' tracks, probably only made an hour earlier, and they were already obliterated, almost. It was snowing so heavily! After lunch, the wind picked up, and it started drifting, and got colder, but it still came thundering down. As Jayne said, it was up to your thighs off piste, I reckon we have had at least half a metre today, with more to come tonight - it's still at it.
On French TV, they're forecasting a RED alert on the roads, so set off early if you're travelling. In some areas, they said there had been over a metre of snow.
As you can imagine, a big avalanche alert is forecast for tomorrow, so be careful!
For those of you arriving, when you get here, you're in for a treat. So ENJOY!!!
latest report
And it is still snowing but only lightly now. But tomorrow is going to be even better. They have now stopped letting cars up the mountain roads to all resorts above Bourg if you don't have chains so be warned. Not sure if this is just for the night or will continue tomorrow. Good luck all those driving out. You can now ski back to Bourg again,amazing Laughing
ski holidays
Time 3.15 am Sat, just got up to catch the 6.45 to Geneva. Hope to be in Les Arcs by lunchtime-ish.

Just had a look at snowfore-cast.com and I think I may be doing the last bit by the funicular.

Well excited, powder,powder and more powder, I don't think I have ever been away when the forecast is as good as this.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
latest report
Off on Moday driving out 0400 hrs from UK, hope to be in 1800 in time for dinner. Sounds as though its going to be good cant wait - lets hope the roads are clear!
snow conditions
Doctorron, Just back - snow till Chambery, but roads no prob. Chains needed up at Plan Peisey, though.
snow report
Geri thanks for that - dug the chains out!
snow conditions
We had an amazing couple of weeks in Plan Peisey, with very varied conditions! First day was icy, but then it snowed a fair bit & we had powder but no visibility ( why do I always want to fall over in those conditions Confused ). By the Wednesday it was raining & very overcast. Snow like porridge. Sun came out on Thurs & Fri - as did the crowds - I've never seen queues like it there - not helped by strong winds up high, closing Aguille rouge & grand col for a while. The queues were not helped by someone leaning against a window on the transarc bubble & it falling out. No one was injured fortunately but they closed the bubble most of Saturday. Sunday it only ran from the midstation as they had to take 30 cabins out of commision. It was back working last week, but still with many fewer cabins. Then last week a piste bashing machine fell off the arrondilliere path & landed near the Flying Kilometer ( luckily pisteur jumped clear!), so they were a basher down, which lead to lovely bumps on the Aguille rouge & elsewhere in 2000! Then on Friday, we had the most amazing amount of snow I have ever skied in! Fanatastic - it fell all day. Sadly had to leave as the sun came out sat am Sad
Have a lovely time anyone going out soon snowHead
snow conditions
geri wrote:
The queues were not helped by someone leaning against a window on the transarc bubble & it falling out......................Then last week a piste bashing machine fell off the arrondilliere path & landed near the Flying Kilometer ( luckily pisteur jumped clear!)

Shocked Shocked Shocked Blinking heck, sounds a right laugh Shocked . Easy to lean up against the windows on Transarc if it is busy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy