Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Ray Zorro, I was out in the same place a few weeks back and I used Internet in the Horner bar. Having said that, I normally like to keep offline as much as possible whilst I'm skiing.. Internet reminds me of work!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ray Zorro, Happy Birthday!

Will PM you some cellphone numbers...

I doubt I will ski alone either way. I got some passengers in the car (Former skischool coworker+Lady) who'll stay at Steinbock for holidays.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Good times but shame they don't run it at the weekends. Good luck with the driving, you doing a night stop ?

Drove down to the tunnel on Thursday afternoon in the 'unexpected' snow. Eurotunnel only have one snowplough equipped lorry. Lucky we got there 2 hrs early, left 90 mins late. Disorganised chaos. Evil or Very Mad
Stayed in Lille overnight, then 8hrs non-stop (apart from 2 comfort breaks) to Interlaken. Novotel v useful for families of 4, book early and get b&b in a family room for £65.
Good snow all week, thanks to some good falls the week before. The weather was too good last weekend, and the locals all came up the mountain for the day on Sat & Sun= busiest days of the season so far.
More snow today, so looking forward to a quiet day on fresh powder in Grindelwald tomorrow before we leave on Sunday morning
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Gummi Nord is officially open.. 1 side bit edgy, other side deep soft windblown fluff.
First time ever I skied the Gummi Nord on an open slope.... shame its more enjoyable in its closed mogully state Wink

The Oh God is oficially closed (as always), but provided kneedeep enjoyment for everybody who happened to miss the black arrow towards the Black Rock (There is no rope to duck for a change!)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski-cross in Grindelwald in a couple of weeks time http://ski-cross.ch/en/Offers/Program
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray Zorro, I just tried to give you a call, but no succes. I'm free to ski tomorrow (I'll be at 8:30 cable car in a VERY orange jacket) Drop me a line if you want to meet up somewhere!

I applied for Private teaching on Saturday, but this doesn't mean I get any Wink

Had an excellent week with 10 dutch kids. Fantastic results, met most of the parents (which often is a problem at Club Med Sad )
Last 2 afternoons was able to do 3 runs on Mannlichen red departing 13:30 from the Club, and returning them before 16:00... Many of them got to half-parallels on the easy sections... Pretty good result for a somewhat young class 2 (5 to 7/8 y/o) !

Still good snow on top, got about 2 inch of refreshment last night... run down turning wet during the day... but it has 20" of cannonstuff so it will stay alive for months to come Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Slightly off topic but I know the contributors to the Jungfrau Ski Region will be able to answer
Is there a self service laundrette in Wengen or Lauterbrunnen that will be open Thursday 8th or Friday 9th April this year.

I believe I have seen one but cannot place where it is - or at my age could be thinking its somewhere else Embarassed
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
escmatters, There's one in Wengen next to the hairdressers (back of the Silberhorn next to the Curling Club hut).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And Lauterbrunnen just outside the Valley Hostel...

Oh and another one at Airtime (Lauterbrunnen), from the tiny advert at the railway station NehNeh

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 27-02-10 0:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowheads is such a good place for information !!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would agree with that
Many thanks, Telford Mike and Ronald
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've just read this article which was in last Saturday's Daily Telegraph. Madeye-Smiley

Edit: The above link doesn't seem to show the associated pictures on my PC, so try this. The article is the 3rd item, but the first also relates to Wengen.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I prefer this one which relate to Mürren...lol

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/switzerland/murren/6752877/Murren-ski-guide-the-resort.html

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 27-02-10 17:29; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I like that the editors of Where to Ski and Snowboard state - Mürren is one of our favourite resorts wink

http://www.wheretoskiandsnowboard.com/resorts/Murren/
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mürren becomes «Whitestyle Village» this weekend when the resort high above the Lauterbrunnen Valley hosts its annual freestyle event culminating in the flood-lit Night Air contest. The freestyle elite is coming together to see who can perform the most spectacular jumps and tricks to win SFr.10,000 in prize money.

http://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/101565/
latest report
Gloomy and very mild (+10) today. Popped over to Murren to avoid the Sunday crowds. Snow soft, but still plenty of it, and no queues at all. Group of Americans doing a ski-patrol course - the 'casualty' wasn't really enjoying her role!

ski holidays
Hi, I'm considering a last-minute trip to Wengen (have never skied in Switzerland before), March 20-27… According to snow-forecast.com the temperature is dropping and a bit of snow is coming next week, so the conditions should be OK after that, right? Or would you recommend a resort with higher altitude for such a late season? St. Moritz maybe?
latest report
sniegagalva, It should be fine. 85% of the skiing is above 1800... so we are not really all that low...

If you come a week earlier quite a few snowheads are in town for the MSB
snow conditions
sniegagalva wrote:
Hi, I'm considering a last-minute trip to Wengen (have never skied in Switzerland before), March 20-27… According to snow-forecast.com the temperature is dropping and a bit of snow is coming next week, so the conditions should be OK after that, right? Or would you recommend a resort with higher altitude for such a late season? St. Moritz maybe?

or

you stay at the highest resort in the Jungfrau Region , Murren at 1650m !

http://www.muerren.ch/start-e.htm
ski holidays
Link to video click of the Whitestyle Open held on the nursery slopes infront of the Hotel Jungfrau in Murren
Whitestyle Open Mürren 2010 from BMP Pictures
http://vimeo.com/9879847
latest report
Hows the snow after the dump of snow ??
snow report
Chris Brookes, Ask me saturday Wink
snow report
Great snow everywhere all the way down to Grund. Skiied at Murren yesterday during the snowfall - zero viz but great fun. Very cold.
ski holidays
Can we have hourly updates this week please ????
snow report
Smokin Joe wrote:
Can we have hourly updates this week please ????

OK great snow everywhere. Cold on Wixi / Lauberhorn (was minus 11 in the village this morning). Mannlichen this morning was simply as good as it gets. Forecast is staying cold with another snowy period starting Thursday continuing until Saturday.
snow report
Wengen 28/02/2010

Hundschop imagine flying over here at 60 MPH !

The Eiger viewed from Kleinen Scheidegg

snow conditions
zermattbusby, nice pictures....any of Murren ??
latest report
Thanks Chris... by the time we made it up to the Schilthorn the weather had closed in, so unfortunately struggled to take any decent pics. The run down from the Piz Gloria was a little hairy in a white out ! We were also pretty surprised at the steepness of some of the blue runs in that area.

Photobucket
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
zermattbusby, sure they were not red as the blues are pretty easy here ??
latest report
zermattbusby wrote:

Hundschop imagine flying over here at 60 MPH !

I found it fun enough slithering around it at about 5mph last week. Not much room.
snow conditions
The racers have plenty of room. They about ski straight through that orange pole to which the orange netting is attached... and land waaaaaaaaaay far down Skullie
snow report
Chris Brookes wrote:
zermattbusby, nice pictures....any of Murren ??

Here's one I took the other day:

snow conditions
telford_mike, very nice picture !!!!
latest report
In Wengen on the 20th,looking to buy new skis, any advice from you guys in the know as to where best purchase and price compared to UK
snow conditions
I go to Central Sport for anything I need. Next to the cable car station Wink

Pricewise... They'll probably have started sale, which means 30% off MRRP. That maybe similar to the UK Wink
Advantage you'll have is you can test and test and test, and they'll discount the rent off the ski's you buy.
snow conditions
Getting back to normality, booked flights already for next year !!
snow report
Chris Brookes, Thats the spirit Chris!

When are you giving the tods to WENGEN skischool, so I can teach them Laughing ?

Results of this season:
37 skidays, 543 rides on lifts, 216km height gain. (This includes days I only went up to Mannlichen or Bumps for 1-3 runs with my classes)
Maddest day was 27th of Feb at 12.3 km.

Favourite lift is once again the Lauberhorn at 68 rides. Least favourite lift Fallboden at 1 ride (which is recorded as a wixi ride because i 'took'/'queuejumped Embarassed' through the wixi gates as I didn't notice Wixi was broken down and very much closed.
snow conditions
The story of downhill skiing at the Winter Olympics

With the 2010 Winter Olympics underway in Canada, Great Britain is expected to have its usual lack of success in the blue ribbon downhill skiing events.

But, did you know that the sport owes its very existence to a father and son from rural Lincolnshire.

Simon Hare travels to the Swiss Alps to meet the 95 year old son and grandson of two men who transformed travel and winter sports.

And, he discovers how the sport came about, quite literally, by accident.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/lincolnshire/hi/people_and_places/history/newsid_8506000/8506248.stm
snow report
Per Chris Brookes, suggestion, I'm trying to get the lowdown on Grindelwald. Agent has come up with a cracking deal but there are a couple of things putting me off 1 - rubbish flight times 2 longish transfer from Geneva and 3 from what I've read the gondola's up the hill are dead slow. Original post here http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=63062
Any impartial advice appreciated as we're sitting down with our friends Monday night to choose between Saalbach (not been in winter but always fancied), Kappl (was there in Jan with family and absolutely loved it) and Grindelwald (not been and not been on my radar but always thought the scenery was simply stunnning).
Planning to go 15th Jan
ski holidays
Saalbach
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy