Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Woop woop, I've put my Christmas tree up today and feeling very festive. Snow forecast said 3 cm of snow but half a metre is amazing, can't wait till 22nd, not long now. Loving your reports Carolyn, keep em coming x
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Piste bashers have been busy here and along with even more snow we have the canons creating huge piles of extra snow! We are due snow today and then a couple of sunny days and we are aiming for first lift on Friday (and first gluhwein, of course, too!)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
carolyn, Carolyn. Always good to read your posts. Trying to work out just where you are. I stayed at the Leitenhof a couple of years ago. Are you just up behind that?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Minus 8 and sunny today Smile We are indeed up behind the Leitenhof on the sunny side of the hill! You maybe saw our blue bus shuttling folk around the village!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is there plenty of snow around late jan early feb looking to come out there then
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We went skiing yesterday and took the first gondola, first run on newly prepared beautiful conditions! Sunny day and hardly anyone around yet.......
Temperatures have risen and look to stay warmish for a few days but there is plenty of snow so should be fine Smile Yes, Jan and Feb are pretty fine tmes to come - just try and avoid half term if you can!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good luck for the season Carolyn!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Carolyn I will avoid that first week in feb hopeful
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks, Pam and lets hope it's a great one for everybody Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowing!! Pistes are good, and have had great reports from several friends about the Alpbach link. We will go and see on Thursday and report back. Carolyn Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Minus 5.5, bright sunshine today Smile Off to see what it feels like!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
carolyn, Grrrrr! Please can you try not to have so much fun Happy
Glad to hear the Alpbach link up and running, would very much like to
hear how it's working out - should be a real bonus for the Auffach area
Anyway, take care n have fun!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sorry to report that conditions yesterday were perfect!! Pistes almost empty and snow wonderful Smile It has been snowing overnight and still going. Life is hard in the mountains! Ski School starts on Sunday so it was lovely to go out and play Smile Carolyn
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sounds lovely - just tell the forecasted rain to go away!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well the rain has stopped and it is zero at the moment with warm temps but no rain expected. Next few days same but then cold again. Lets hope all the great snow we already have will keep us going. Think it will ....
latest report
carolyn, regarding the Alpbach link - can you ski all the way down from the top of the lift system at Auffach to Alpbach? The map I have looked at looks like you can only ski to mid station and then you ride down in the gondola. I am currently waiting for confirmation of a weeks leave requested for 19th of January I will hopefully be able to push the button next week. Have a great Christmas. Very Happy
ski holidays
Hi, yes, you are correct about Alpbach, the intention is for the remainder to be a piste for next season. Sunny today, and snow holding up well, awaiting another cold spell, will keep posting! Happy Christmas everybody Smile from all of us here in Niederau
snow conditions
Very warm here today. More like March than December - lunchtime the restaurants were packed outside and empty inside!

Lets hope for some cold weather and more snow over the next few days.
latest report
Snow overnight and the forecast is for 11cm today and sunny tomorrow. Pistes holding up well, hard first thing yesterday and super after lunch. Smile
ski holidays
Sunny and cold today, lots of snow yesterday as expected! Off to see how conditions are today Smile
snow conditions
Another great start to the week, cold and sunny, pistes good. Forecast is to stay sunny til wednesday, then snow. Enjoy Smile
snow report
Snowing!!!!
ski holidays
Thats great to hear Very Happy We are arriving sat 12th cant wait Staying at Austria Hotel
snow conditions
Tahiti Gra wrote:
Thats great to hear Very Happy We are arriving sat 12th cant wait Staying at Austria Hotel
Jealous.com Sad
snow conditions
How's it looking for next week?

I'm arriving on Saturday. I had a quick look at a forecast and the temperatures seem pretty high?
snow conditions
Not looking so good at the moment, raining now but the pistes still very good. Rain expected to stop and cloudy tomorrow with sun from Tuesday.
ski holidays
There was snow up on the higher slopes yesterday, still mild but not raining now, thank goodness!
ski holidays
I've booked this year's holiday now. Staying in Harfenwirt with a friend who has never tried skiing. Arriving 2nd Feb. Hope it will be nice and snowy then. Seems a bit warmer across Europe this year than it was same time last year. Got the ski boots out of the loft last night to wear around the house in preparation.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snow is rotten at the moment in Niederau and Auffach.

The lower slopes have substantial brown patches and it was slushy all day.

Bloody shame........... I'll just have to drown my sorrows with more 3 yoyo beer!
ski holidays
Thats a downer for you hope it improves
snow report
Still very warm and the snow is heavy. No more rain is expected, just a cloudy and sunny mix. Temps seem to be hovering above zero for the next few days at least. We need to start the snow dance now!
snow report
J Rhiannon wrote:
I've booked this year's holiday now. Staying in Harfenwirt with a friend who has never tried skiing. Arriving 2nd Feb. Hope it will be nice and snowy then. Seems a bit warmer across Europe this year than it was same time last year. Got the ski boots out of the loft last night to wear around the house in preparation.

Have fun. Just a word of advice - Herbert is a funny old one running the Hafenwirt - If you need anything go in with a very smiley attitude and you are likely to get it back. Go in with a whinge and you will see the worst of Herbert.
latest report
I stayed in the Harfenwirt last year. Herbert likes me - I kept saying nice things about his apple strudel, which seemed to hit the right button.
latest report
Also staying in Harfenwirt- arriving sat 12th- quite lookign forward to meeting this Herbert character- read alot about him. Gutted about the weather though!
snow report
Herbert is definitely a character - he has been playing that harp for years.
snow conditions
Pamski, a bit like Victor Meldrew as I recall - we thought he was great. Toofy Grin
snow report
Yet another one staying in the Harfenwirt Smile

Arriving 26th January.

Lots of us in Niederau over the next few weeks, but looks like we almost all just miss each other!
snow conditions
Loving the Herbert comments, I always thought of him as a Basil Fawlty when I was a child staying there! He is a lovely chap and the Harfenwirt is a great place to stay. Handy for the guest race prize giving, so come on into Ski School and have fun! We are expecting sunny and cloudy mix until Friday and then snow. Have also heard, although admittedly not from an official source, that Sunday will see temps of minus 10. Carolyn Smile
ski holidays
Forgot to mention David the (head?) bar man now at the Hafenwirt is a great addition - good service, a smile and nice chat.

And Herbert is definitely a character! Our first night this year the sofabed had not been made up and so we had him and his daughter making the bed at 8.30pm.

We may come back out to Niederau again in Mid-March on a late deal if there is snow then.
snow conditions
Oh and don't do what I and a friend did. There is a hut listed at the top of the highest point in Alpbach. We skied down to the lift below it during heavy snow - almost white out conditions and got the lift up noting how there was no one around.

Not able to find the rerstaurant we had to ski down unpisted red run 53 with no visibility and no one else around - only to find our later the restaurant burnt down 3 weeks before Christmas!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy