Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs snow report 2007/2008 season

Poster: A snowHead
When I want to check the conditions in Les Arcs I go here:
http://www.webcam-ski.com/webcams/interfaces/arcs1950d/interface.php?pk_interface=111&m=images&r=zooms

and here:
http://www.lesarcs.com/Webcam-Peisey

and here:
http://www.lesarcs.com/Webcam-Arpette-2420m

Looks pretty good to me...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gazmob wrote:
Going there Saturday - Whats the latest on the conditions ?

Also Can't wait - Bought some new K2 Crossfires last night especially Very Happy

Me too - cant wait Toofy Grin Heard its cold snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was very cold Wednesday but warmer yesterday. All of the runs on vallandry side are now very hard in the morning , easying off a little in the sun for the afternoon, victim of the high temperatures last saturday when it snowed... go careful on them. Some rocks and grass are showing through and some runs are now closed (morey, combe). Over in the 2000 down from the transarc and up the grand col the conditions are much better, but still hard first thing.
The resorts are in desperate need of a megadump to sort things out, theres a little snow coming next week, but temperatures are rising, and it seems talk is of no real mega snow for the rest of march.

The snow machines took advantage of the cold on wednesday and thursday, so at resort level runs have ample snow for the main runs in.

Im expecting spring snow on the vallandry side today in the afternoon, great as is softens it, but it will damage the failing base more.

Tux
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
tuxpoo, Thanks. Talk of some decent snow to low Monday/Tuesday next week. Heres hoping Cool
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyone know if the waterslide is open yet. How about a meet up there for drinks late afternoon once it opens. More blue skies today and not much sign of snow but fingers crossed they are still saying it is coming later in the week, I hope!!!!

After my return from Megeve how about a little snowheads session in Les Arcs for a few beers over the Easter Break (18 March - 4 April). I see there are a few of us back around then. Anyone with an idea of where to meet please post possible bar and time.

As a start: How about the Altiport above 1600 and 1800. It has a great sunnset when it is shinning and cheaper drinks. Easy to ski back to 1600, 1800 or 1850. For those in Vallandry you can even ski back to there without any problem after the lifts are closed. If you are in 2000, 1950 or down the valley you can go down to 1600 and get the link home for free. Easy for everyone to get home from no matter where you are staying. meeting time 16. 45 - 17.00 as the lifts are closing, they will even have the water slide open now so that gives loads of free entertainment, you could even try it if you do not mind getting wet!!!

Hope to see some of you there as I am around there most afternoons after skiing. Cheers
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowcrazy, Hi,

Don't know about the waterslide, but I'm definately up for a few beers at the Altiport over Easter (or any day come to that), I'm back out Thursday for two and a bit weeks - just need to figure out how to get back to Vallandry from there (sure it's not difficult), no second chance after the lifts close though (:>).

Is there any sign of conditions out there improving?....Is it that bad? Tuxpoo (above) is painting a pretty bleak picture (:<)

Allan
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Waterslide is all dug out but, as of yesterday afternoon, had not been used - still all fenced off.

Although the snow's "gone off" a bit since Thursday, there is plenty of good base in most places, except the bottoms of the busiest pistes in 1600 and PV. I have just had a great week, spending at least a third of my skiing time off-piste (all credit to someone with an excellent nose for where all the windblown snow accumulates snowHead ), although it took its toll on the bases of my skis Sad - oh well, got 11 months to fix them.

snowcrazy, great to bump into you last night. Trust you're sitting comfortably? wink Enjoy the rest of your season.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm off to Les Arcs 22/03 , I thought I knew this place, never seen the waterslide though. Whats the idea do you ski down it,land in it or wot Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kel, Confused to, where and what is the waterslide Confused snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Down and to the right of the snowpark in 1600 (looking up the hill!) visible from the Arpettes chair, is what looks like a thin swimming pool. When conditions are right and it's opened, usually during the spring, the young at heart ski down onto it, and try to plane across to the other side without getting damp.
Great fun for the balcony of watchers in the restaurant - iirc is indeed the Altiport as per snowcrazy.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I thought the waterslide was some criptic comment on the state of the piste.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JimW, Definitely sounds at my age a specator sport Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cant wait, think I too will be a spectator. Sounds like a fun way to end the day.
Razz
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is it snowing yet???? Is it snowing yet?? wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes in 1950 you can see it is, and very heavy too Little Angel Cool

http://www.webcam-ski.com/station_vues.php3?station=arc1950_clocher
snow conditions
Hi thefatcontroller, Kel, JimW, ringingmaster, allanm, you are never to old to find a new challenge, see if you can make it to the other side without getting wet. Just do it on a sunnny day. Hope to see you all for a beer when I get back from Megeve. I am pleased to hear it is snowing, as I look out the window from the office it is raining. Yes even I have to do some work sometimes. VERY SAD!! Cheers
snow report
Yes, it's snowing heavily in Peisey also, has been for about 2 hours!! Yippee, when I tell you that it has only snowed once here since 4th Feb., you'll understand why I am so happy.. . We've had so many poor, over-optimistic weather forecasts in the past 2 weeks, that we were beginning to disbelieve them all.
Anyway, the best forecast that we can find,Allosurf, is predicting between 10 - 20cm. of snow in the next 24 hours.

WE SHALL SEE!!!
ski holidays
fj, Great news Cool
snow report
11 sleeps and counting... save some FJ!
ski holidays
Any pics of action on the waterslide?
snow report
Snows stopped in 1950 Sad
latest report
gazmob, you'll have to ski in Peisey tomorrow, it's still snowing hard here, must be 10cm. already!
latest report
Still more to come

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Les-Arcs/6day/top

But not what you might call "Mega Dumps"
snow conditions
Butterfly, Re: the waterslide.... I presume people are talking about the pool that sometimes appears near the Arpette?

Here's a link to a video of me taking on one in Alpe D'huez back in 2000 when I was young (er) and foolish!

http://youtube.com/v/TmnOpCDKcFM

(I also saw a guy do it on snowblades which was pretty impressive!)

I'm in Les Arcs on Saturday .... C'mon snow !! snowHead
latest report
Anyone there at the moment, according to SCGB site the conditions are Icy on piste. Is that right !!. Big dump due on Saturday night though, hope it keeps on for the whole of next week and beyond, then it should be good for when I arrive 22/03

Update please I need to be able to sleep Cool
ski holidays
I have just looked on http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/reports/general/report.asp and it has it as powder on and off piste with a comment of
Quote:
Today's fresh powder means fresh tracks!
snow conditions
Hey guys I just looked at the vid on youtube, that is a tiny pond. The pool at the ALTIPORT must be at least 15 plus m long and to get across to the other side you need some speed and good balance unless they have been told to make it safer and shorter for this year. I hope not!! I would love to see someone try it on snowblades, twin tips are great, but with blades even if you make it to the other side you will get very wet. Great to hear it is snowing, hope the waterslide is open when i get there (so i can have a laugh at those trying it)!!
snow conditions
ringingmaster wrote:
I have just looked on http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/reports/general/report.asp and it has it as powder on and off piste with a comment of
Quote:
Today's fresh powder means fresh tracks!

I checked at 13:00 conditions are icy, next report states powder Puzzled .

So I presume that Les Arcs has had one hell of a dump. Any out there rolling eyes who can tell us what it is really like Shocked
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
[quote="snowcrazy"]Hey guys I just looked at the vid on youtube, that is a tiny pond. The pool at the ALTIPORT must be at least 15 plus m long

wink This I must see, Snowcrazy are you an angler by any chance Razz
snow report
Kel, been snowing for24 hrs this side of the valley so i expect Les Arcs to be the same knee deep powder in places snowHead
snow report
Hi All,

First time contribution and very impressed with all the information shared. Arrive in 1800 on Saturday, couple of questions:

1. Hiring cars from Geneva and undecided on best route to Bourg St Maurice, motorway v non-motorway, any tips and directions gladly accepted.
2. 4 rugby mad welsh fans including me in our group, we have 4 hour window from landing to find a bar showing the game. Again any tips on bars in 1800 that will show the rugby

Great news re snowfall, here's to a great week skiing.

Thanks Smile
snow report
snowcrazy, Hmm, I would agree, the pool last year near the Arpette was much longer than the one in the video...but hey its not the size that matters, and I was pleased enough to have gotten across with my feet dry! snowHead
latest report
Just (this minute - on the phone) spoke to someome in Nancroise, reckons they've just had a fair dump, normally they see their guests arrive, but on this occasion - quote 'last week's been cr*p', so we're out riding tomorrow - you'll have to let youself in! Sounds great!!
ski holidays
rinky75, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead No advice - first time to Les Arcs easter saturday so a keen reader of this thread - enjoy your week and save a bit for us!
snow conditions
rinky75, Welcome to snowHead 's . Keep to motorway the whole way. Did it last year for first time and going back across tomorrow out of Bristol. You can save a few pennies by going cross country but keep to the motorway.
ski holidays
"Snow Sleet Rain Ice Cloud" - current conditions via text from piste side reporter.
snow conditions
kewhoward, Sounds bleak.... temp drop and snow forecast overnight saturday thou.... snowHead
snow conditions
Richie_S, Yeh - thankfully its a friend not me - we're out on Easter Saturday which could work out well... snowHead
ski holidays
kewhoward, Ah, yes... well I fly out (this) Friday, returning Tuesday evening... so it looks like conditions might be interesting on Saturday.... snowy/white out Sunday and then clear up somewhat on Monday... So, heres to clear cold skies on Tuesday!

(and a visit to the Flying Squirrel will be in order on Sunday, to get out of the cold!)
latest report
Think I've found the waterslide:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2fvp1_rr-waterslide_extreme
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy