Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
Well unusually the forecast got it wrong - instead of snow we had a couple of grey, drizzly days and are now bathed in sunshine again. Snow on the top is fine, but lower runs patchy. The same forecast is saying snow again next week...........
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I should have waited a day before my last message! Overnight the snow came and once more the trees are covered and all is white! Enjoy Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think we are now saying that only the upper slopes are skiable, Kropfrader and Mittermoose good in the mornings, and lower slopes very bare, better use the gondola to go down as the Marchbach schuss has bits missing! Hope evrryone who visited Niederau had a wonderful time, and we look forward to another excellent season in December. Enjoy your Spring, Summer and Autumn. Carolyn
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for all your posts Carolyn, enjoy reading about Niederau. We went to Soll this year and skied the whole Skiwelt area apart from Westendorf. I don't think my legs could take it! It was brilliant. We got chatting to a couple in the hotel who said they preffered Niederau as Soll had something missing, pretty much know what they mean there. have a lovely Summer, Cool
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Carolyn, Thanks for all your updates over the winter, it's much appreciated. I had another lovely couple of weeks in Niederau this year, and I'm sure I'll be back next year. Enjoy the summer Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
carolyn, great reports all winter Carolyn - although we haven't got back to Niederau this year its always on our list of favourite places to pop into. Have a good summer.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, you too! Oh and I have seen the proposed piste map for joining Auffach to Alpbach, looks amazing! Will send a message here once I see work commencing. CArolyn
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
carolyn, Any estimated dates for completion of this link Carolyn?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Next season is the plan!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
carolyn, -Great news - roll on next season Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
carolyn,
Quote:

Will send a message here once I see work commencing.

Thanks - will wait to hear.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well just when we thought it was all over, yesterday it poured with snow all day and today, sunshine, minus 4.5 and off we go for the last day of the season in style! Carolyn
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi, we were talking about the proposed link from the Wildschonau to Alpbach and I now have confirmation from the local tourist board that this is going ahead ready for the coming winter. I am attempting to attach the links so you can all see! Carolyn

http://www.wildschoenau.com/de/pressephotos-winter
klicken. Das neue Pistenpanorama Ski Juwel Alpbachtal Wildschönau ist das 2. Bild.
Bzw. hier http://www.wildschoenau.com/website/uploads/images/10/icon32/panorama-ski-juwel-alpbachtal-wildschoenau.jpg?v=1 geht es direkt auf.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
carolyn, Great news Very Happy thanks for keeping us posted.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My pleasure, just glad it worked as my computer skills in no way match my skiing!!
latest report
Hello, there is now a video on utube Stützenmontage am Schatzberg it is really happening! Carolyn
ski holidays
We walked up from Alpbach a few weeks ago to have a look. It's going to be a great ski area once it's finished.
We were very impressed by the digger driver who was gently lifting blueberry bushes with the digger bucket onto a trailer. We figured that they are storing them somewhere while they do the work around where the pylons will be and then will put them back once they're finished... We couldn't think of any other reason why they would be handling them so carefully.
snow conditions
There are some pictures of progress on Skijuwel's facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150909609426965.404233.92233291964&type=3
snow conditions
Hi,

All the snow canons are in place, orange padding, too. Temperature has dropped and we are waiting! Let's hope it is as good a season as last year.
snow conditions
Hurray! carolyn's Niederau reports are back. Never been there. May never go. But means that winter is on the way....
snow report
I agree. Went to Niederau a few years ago so like to follow Carolyn's updates and look at here web cam (ooh errrr missus)! Carolyn, weren't you trying to sell the place?
ski holidays
Hello,

Yes here we go again with weather reports from beautiful Niederau. The snow cannons have been tested and their lights were all on last night, makes you think we will soon be skiing again! Glad you like the reports, Dobby and yes PeteMan, we are on the market. It is a large 50 bed apartment house and due to my Mum's increasing health issues we just don't have the time for running it any more. We don't plan to leave the village and I am determined to teach this season again. Will keep you posted on the conditions and here's to a great season.

Carolyn
snow report
Hi carolyn,
Good to hear from you again, please keep up the
reports of the white stuff in beautiful Niederau,
cos my girlfriend is keen to learn to ski and Niederau
is definitely on the radar for a first trip (for her!) to
the Austrian Alps
snow conditions
Hey, Geoff yes Niederau is the place for your girlfriend to find out for herself what we are all on about! Hope we can meet up this year! Carolyn
latest report
The snow is on its way - thursday apparently. Will let you know!
snow conditions
Hi Carolyn, glad to hear that snow is on its way, We've booked for Oberau 22nd dec, I did wonder if we were doing the right thing snow wise? We were there in jan 2007 when there was very little snow, and ended up with a weeks walking instead of skiing Sad. What is your experience of the snow conditions over Christmas historically?
snow report
suzysue2, we spent Christmas in Niederau for about ten years on the trot up to 2000 and although sometimes it was a bit nail biting wondering if it was going to be white see only missed a couple of days skiing in all that time.
snow report
Thanks pamski, I'm sure it'll be ok but as you say the nail biting continues till then. wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Suzysue2,

Don't think you need to worry - 2007 was a very unusual year here for lack of snow, and we weren't alone. So long as it is cold we have snow making facilities all over the place these days so you should be fine! We, by the way, are holding a Christmas Carol service in Niederau on 25th at 5pm, all welcome! It has started to snow now, as forecasted so I will keep you all posted Smile Carolyn
ski holidays
carolyn,
Quote:

a Christmas Carol service in Niederau on 25th at 5pm, all welcome!

Is this still organised by Janet? It always used to be a full house when we spent Christmas in Niederau. The lovely year was when we managed to get to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve and when we came out the band was playing Silent Night and it had started snowing - a real tear jerker that was!
latest report
Janet has passed the organization this year onto myself, husband Des, and Leslie Unger as she feels it is time to retire! We are not changing anything and hope it will be as successful as usual! Minus 2 this morning and snow up on the mountain with frost in the village. The Lanerkopfl cannons have been on since yesterday!!
ski holidays
Hi Carolyn, I feel happier now its started snow, lol. We are staying in Oberau at the Tirolerhof. We've been going there for almost 17 years on & off, winter, spring, summer & even autumn! We've seen the children grow and the village evolve over these years and our son go from a small boy to a man. We have a lot of affection for the valley people as well. The carol service sounds lovely but I'm not sure how we'd get back to Oberau after? I'm guessing there will be a similar service there?
We're dead excited now, and can't wait till the 22nd. Look forward to your snow reports. Thank you x
latest report
carolyn, All this talk of carol services has get Debbie so excited, time to get your ear plugs out. I'm sure Andy will be suitably embarrassed. Good to see signs of the first 'proper' snow & low temps forcast. See you in a fortnight.
snow report
Hello from snowy Niederau, we have woken to a complete winter scene, chains are on our bus and snow ploughs are everywhere! Don't think Oberau has a Carol Service, but the night buses will be working as it is eraly evening. Check the posters in your hotel - we are aiming to get them put up everywhere! See you soon, Chris and Debbie Smile
snow conditions
Getting excited reading this thread. Will be second year in Niederau for Christmas - and the Carol Service sounds the perfect way to end Christmas Day's skiing! My 4 year old's first ime in ski school too.
snow report
Here I am again, more snow and we are all ready to begin! Minus 3 this afternoon and hasn't come above freezing for what seems like ages. Do come and say hello at the service, it would be good to put faces to names! Hope your 4 year old has a wonderful time, too. Carolyn
latest report
Yesterday was minus 12, today minus 4 and still snowing! It is going to be an awesome start to the season on FRIDAY! Will go out and report piste conditions for you..... Carolyn
snow conditions
carolyn, Excellent news. We're arriving next Friday, staying in the Staffler until early Jan. I expect we'll see you around and will say hi.
Do you know when they are planning to open the new gondola over to Alpbach?
ski holidays
Ski Opening Party next weekend starting Auffach and Alpbach Smile See you around, Carolyn
snow conditions
Another half metre of snow overnight and sunny now, with more snow expected. That'll do nicely!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy