Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau

Poster: A snowHead
carolyn,
What's the matter with the webcam today? It seems to be stuck at 6:04pm yesterday. Is it snowing really heavily and blocking it?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I managed 85.45 kmph in the end! Need to put on more weight methinks (57kg!!), and use my racing skis next time Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It has been snowing heavilly since yesterday early morning, and th camera is probably off due to our internet provider, but we will get it up again asap! But all you would see at the moment is SNOW! Never seen so much of the stuff! Minus 2.5 today. I have never quite got to the 80 kmh, but older son has done 118 at best, and husband 120! Scary stuff! Carolyn
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
0o0o0, now that is impressive!! If you're interested in adopting me for a few weeks next season, I'm free wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well we do long term lets at our apartment house.........
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah, but adoption is cheaper for me wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well it's a week since I returned from Niederau. Had another fantastic week, and met some great people. I managed to do some off piste with the lovely Christian which was both great/entertaining/horrific!!! Can't wait to return......now can I justify a long weekend??????
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Of course you can, we are open for ages yet! Sunshine yesrterday but more snow expected today. Minus 2 so not too cold either. Enjoy Smile Carolyn
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
carolyn, what can you tell us about the proposed new link between Alpbach and Auffach - we have recently received a package from the tourist office and on one of the maps it is shown as New 2012 - I think this has been mooted for years but is it actually going to be happening now?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
blodyn,
What are the logistics around a long weekend? i.e. How does one get there (and back) and where can one stay? Most things seems to be set up for Saturday to Saturday.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
J Rhiannon, we have often done long weekends in the past. Fly to Munich, train to Worgl, taxi up the mountain. The hotels and b&bs will take bookings for a few days as long as not too far in advance. We stayed at the Simmerlwirt like this a couple of years ago for about four nights.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Morning! Well we have even more snow today at minus 3 with sun forecast for the next few days. As far as I know, the link to Alpbach will be happening for the coming winter season. I was in Alpbach earlier this season as our son did his Anwarter there and as you drive to Inner Alpbach you can see the top of Auffasch's lift station. There is to be a gondola down to Inner Alpbach from there, I think. Will keep you posted as I hear that they have started, and of course, will try it out! How was the wedding, Pam?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
carolyn, that will be good if you can keep the info going about Alpach link - thank you.
And thank you too - the wedding was a huge success, seems a long time ago now. Thanks for your (family) help!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Of course I will try and keep up to date on all things Niederau! Gorgeous sunshine and minus 6 today. So glad the wedding went well Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
J Rhiannon, The Staffler will do any length of stay: http://www.stafflerhotel.com/
latest report
RobW, Pamski,
Thanks for the info. I am looking into when I might be able to give a long weekend a try.
ski holidays
Blue skies and sunshine today, much warmer at zero degrees. Enjoy everybody! Carolyn
snow report
Snowing again!!!
ski holidays
And now the sun has come out Smile
snow report
Cloudy today with sun forecast for tomorrow. Just above freezing. Carolyn
latest report
Hi Carolyn

Arriving in Niederau this Saturday, staying at the Sonnschein

Grateful if you could update on the snow conditions and also if there are any nice cafe's in the village (we do like our coffee and cakes)

Also, what is the area like for some winter walking?

Your advice much appreciated
latest report
Gorgeous sunshine today and still loads of snow. Forecast is for the same tomorrow, but to get a bit colder. Will keep checking and let you know. Coffee and cakes are in abundance here, right along the main street you will find the hotel Austria and the hotel Simmerlwirt, both lovely. On the slopes there is Bobo's and the hotel Alpenland, too. The Harfenwirt which is owned by the Sonnschein's owners is right opposite a piste and does wonderful cakes, gluwein etc etc. Winter walking is signposted and there are plenty good paths to enjoy. Hope you enjoy our lovely village! Carolyn
snow conditions
Thanks Carolyn, my wife and I appreciate your good advice and are very much looking forward to our visit to your lovely village
snow report
Most welcome Smile lovely sunshine again today and more on the cards for tomorrow.
ski holidays
Hi,,,

Any snow left Carolyn, we arrive this Saturday 10th last minuate deal hotel sunshine

Thanks

Gary
ski holidays
Plenty! we have had more snow yesterday although it has melted a bit over on the south facing side of the valley. Our garden only has a couple of feet instead of metres! Looking over at the pistes there is fresh snow on the trees and all is well. Have a great time Smile
snow conditions
Minus 2 and sunny today Smile
latest report
carolyn, Hi Carolyn, Having been looking at the site and fine it very interesting. So thought I would pick your brains. I am looking for a Hotel for myself and two children aged 11,14. I have been looking at your resort and also Obergurgl. We are complete beginners hoping to come out on the 24 march for a week. I was hoping you could give me a little advice on the resort and also would there be any snow for beginners. I would need ski lessons for all three, so was going to book a package deal. I am very eager to go. (not getting any younger). So going without Hubby, who is being a total bore. Any suggestions would be of great help. Regards Carolyn.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Carolyn, Just booked a last minute cheapie deal this morning to go to Niederau on Saturday with my wife, could you please advise what is the best lift pass option to spend 3/4 days locally in Niederau and Aufach and a couple of days on the Ski Welt for a little bit of variety. Is it better to buy from the tour operator in the resort locally? any assistance is welcome.
snow conditions
Hi, first the snow conditions! We had some snow overnight and today it is just below zero and cloudy mixed with sun. The forecast is for the sun to come out tomorrow and stay for a good few days - hope it's right. The snow cover is still excellent and all our pistes are open. Letsdoit, I would probably think that Niederau would be better for beginners as it is all quite compact, with the ski school right by the gondola and all our runs end up pretty much at the same place which is great for those of differing standards to meet up after lessons. The Red Ski School is fabulous for all standards of skiers and you will all have a great time with any of our instructors - all of whom speak English! Obergurgl is also lovely, much higher up so colder, and from what I saw when I skied there, the ski areas are quite far from the village. Having said that, it was lovely skiing. Niederau, though is Heaven on Earth in my humble opinion! Richards521, have a look at our website and from there you can follow a link to the lift company which will give details on lift passes www.auhof.co.at There are passes available for each village separately or a more pricey one gives you all of our valley plus the Ski Welt. Hope you all have a great time and maybe see you out skiing! Carolyn
snow conditions
Cloudy today and warmer with sunshine and clouds mixed forecast for most of the week ahead. Snow is still fine, though! Carolyn
ski holidays
Hi Richard,

I've just posted a review of conditions over the last 10 days in some resorts in Tirol/East Tirol including Niederau and Auffach on a couple of other threads. My advice would be to have a car so you have options to visit other areas. Niederau isn't going to be great. The main problem is that there are only limitted begginner slopes at the top, everything else requires you to ski down to the base. This may be fine for the first hour of the day but not much longer (runs down to the base are red level). My personal view is that it's not that great a ski area because it is difficult to get from one side to the other skiing either at the top or the base. Also the slopes are very limitted. Auffach offers a little more in that there are chairs that allow you to stay higher without revisiting the base station and the area is easier to move in. Not much for beginners though apart from a view drags at mid station. Mainly harder blue/easy red type runs at the top. I don't think the Ski Welt will be ideal with the high temps either so if you can I'd head instead over to the Zillertal valley at some point where you have a few options to stay higher. Anyway have fun. By the way there is the All Star card that gives access to Niederau/Auffach and the Ski Welt as well as some other resorts including the Kaprun glacier (not sure if it is available for 3/4 days??).
ski holidays
Looks like Spring has come early, lovely sunshine and warmed up temperatures. Still plenty snow on the pistes, north facing as they are, although early skiers will have the best of the conditions at the moment. Carolyn
snow report
More sun today, and the snow is good at the top, more snow and drop in temperature forecast so enjoy the sun while it is here!
snow report
As forecast, now we have the snow again! Enjoy Smile
ski holidays
Excellent news carolyn. We're back on Friday for another week or so. Expecting rather warmer weather than in January. Toofy Grin
snow report
Yes, the snow had a welcome boost yesterday, and the sun is back again now. Snow holding up brilliantly and hope you have a great time again!
snow conditions
Still sunny and blue skies here in Niederau, and the snow keeps lasting very well. Carolyn
ski holidays
The snow is still really good in the mornings, and soft in the afternoons, sunny skies again Smile The forecast is the same til friday and then snow.......
ski holidays
Now they are saying 12cm tomorrow, hard to believe at the moment looking at the blue sky but will let you know. Just over a week left of our season, which has seen more snow than I remember. Carolyn
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy