Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy (Or Tignes/Val D'Isere) 2021/2022. (Useful links updated on Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
@chocksaway,
How can you use 'Parisiennes' and 'queue' in the same sentence?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Kenzie, Sorry, humble apologies!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is there anywhere in Val that fits quiver killers?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@chocksaway,
Don't forget the experiment STGM did (15 years ago?) - they put a Parisienne in a ski lift line all to himself.
He still tried to push in.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Kenzie, Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mk28 wrote:
Is there anywhere in Val that fits quiver killers?

Yannick at Mountain Pro Shop did a couple of years ago
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
great thanks
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@bobski62 and @chocksaway

"Les Brevieres

And finally, an update that applies to Les Brevieres and Les Boisses: as of Jan 2022 these car parks remain free but if you are parking for more than 12 hours you now have to display a 'vignette' or parking permit in the window else risk being towed away. If parking for less than 12 hours you have to display a blue disc, set to the time of arrival. The permit for the former can be obtained from the parking information office, ground floor of Maison de Tignes in Le Lac or from the company / lodging hosting you. You need to tell them your car registration and the dates you are arriving and leaving; these are all written on the permit that you get and then place on view beneath the windscreen. Blue discs can be purchased in any tabac. No idea why this has been introduced. Initially I thought maybe to help manage snow clearing better but there's no contact info put on the permit.
e season or by the week. Take a peek on Au Bon Coin. These spaces will generally be in locations other than the public parking listed above. You will need to check for yourself what specific restrictions they may have (eg height).[/quote]"

@bobski62 and @chocksaway Thanks for the update on the parking situation in Tignes/Les Brev - we'll be driving in from Ste Foy in March probably about 3 or 4 times during our stay and were planning to use the free car parking - is there a tabac in Les Brevieres where these blue discs can be obtained, or is it any tabac? Thanks for any pointers.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mountain pro shop unfortunately no longer fit quiver killers. Does anyone know of anywhere else in Val that does it? i know theres a couple of places in Tignes but ideally dont want 2 round trips there if possible. thanks
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’m was in Snowberry earlier and they listed quiver killers as one of their services.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Loganberry, I bought mine at the Tabac in Lac, he assured me it was a standard French one valid all over Europe, so if you can get one in Ste F that will do just fine.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Big celebrations tomorrow for Johan Clarey's homecoming with silver medal, programme copy and paste here:

On the program on Thursday 02/24 from 5 p.m.:

- From 5pm: sales of lanters, food and drinks stand

- From 5.30pm: demonstration by the Snow Patrol

- 5.45pm: descent with lanterns for children

- 6pm: Ski show (ESF and Tignes Ski Club), with Perrine Laffont, Marius Bourdette and Romain Riboud

- 6.45pm: torchlight descent of the ESF du Lac and Val Claret followed by fireworks

- 7pm: signing session with Johan Clarey
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chocksaway wrote:
@Loganberry, I bought mine at the Tabac in Lac, he assured me it was a standard French one valid all over Europe, so if you can get one in Ste F that will do just fine.

@chocksaway Thank you very much - that sounds easy enough... presumably could pick up one anywhere en route south then. Not sure that there is a tabac in Ste Foy Station (never had a reason to look for one!), but must be one in Ste Foy, La Thuile or on the way up the valley Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Its time for some more weather. After a grizzly day today with reasonably sharp winds, Tignes is going to be on the edge of a high pressure system, so basically its 4 days of blue skies and sunshine, with maybe the odd fluffy cloud on the peaks. But over the weekend its going to be cold before the air warms up a bit on Monday and a bit more on Tuesday. (It may even be into diesel waxing territory tonight for those parked outside). There will always be a breeze especially at altitude as we will not be in the centre of the high pressure system. There is a slim chance of some cloud on Monday as the system flexes in and out.

The roads are going to be busy with 35k vehicles heading up into the Tarentaise and 32k going home, at least the weather will not compound the problem! For flying it will be a nice day at both ends, a bit bumpy in Scotland perhaps. If you are flying into Chambery it will be a northerly wind, especially early doors, so you may well come in over the lake and circle the town before landing, some dramatic views will be on offer. As the runway is relatively short landing with a tail wind of 15mph is not a player. Enjoy the views!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Many apologies as I suspect it’s in the thread somewhere, but where do people recommend for ski hire in Val Claret please? Need somewhere that has some off piste skis for a small lady and a decent range of boots for fussy teenagers.
@chocksaway, if you have any recommendations maybe they could be added to your fantastic first page list?
latest report
@swoafs, Sorry, I don't, after 2 years lots has changed and I've never hired in VC. We do have a couple of Val Claretians on here, hopefully they,'ll be along shortly.
latest report
@swoafs, unfortunately I can’t give you a positive recommendation, but I would advise avoiding SkiOne. I have a mate, who to be fair likes a bargain, but gets fobbed off with all sorts of battered stuff from there.
snow report
@Loganberry, if you wanted to sort a blue parking disc before you leave, you can always pick one up on eBay for a few pounds.
ski holidays
@Loganberry, we have one of the blue discs with the time displayed that we acquired in Les Gets about seven years ago when they brought in the need to use them for on street parking. And we have used it all over the place. Italy I think three years ago.
snow report
swoafs wrote:
Many apologies as I suspect it’s in the thread somewhere, but where do people recommend for ski hire in Val Claret please? Need somewhere that has some off piste skis for a small lady and a decent range of boots for fussy teenagers.
@chocksaway, if you have any recommendations maybe they could be added to your fantastic first page list?

@swoafs - Val Claret’ian here:
My friends pre-book with Intersport at Le Jhana. They have a good range of gear and good deals via internet. LMGTFY
Ski One have always treated us well and provide an independent alternative to Intersport - the owners Manu and Lolotte will give you the good stuff, if you ask for it.
Sport 2000 Sport Glisse are right on the snow front on way to Tufs chair: ask for Sonny - he’ll see you right.
As with any hire operation anywhere - you’ll get very standard fare unless you ask for something specific/special.
ski holidays
sno trax wrote:
@Loganberry, if you wanted to sort a blue parking disc before you leave, you can always pick one up on eBay for a few pounds.

@Loganberry LMGTFY - this is just magnificent and puts our old beaten up paper version into a cocked hat - ON AMAZON with Ice Scraper functionality: Parking Disc with 24-Hour Display,Parking Timer European Parking Clock 24-Hour Time Display and Ice Scraper: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B096Q41D92/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_DX9J17XFY8KTXV4GK8M2?tag=amz07b-21
snow report
Despite staying on the edge of VC this season, I'm afraid I can't offer any recommendations, sorry @swoafs, only places to avoid.

It's a 10 minute bus ride to Le Lac where you will find Antoine at Mountain Attitude very helpful for off-piste gear (Rue de La Poste, opposite La Poste) and Guy Clarey equally helpful for rental and servicing (Sport 2000 - Rue de La Poste, next to La Poste). Tignes Spirit are also a popular choice (Lavachet, a few doors along from the Sherpa supermarket).
snow conditions
Thanks everyone; that’s most helpful.
ski holidays
Grinning wrote:
sno trax wrote:

@Loganberry LMGTFY - this is just magnificent and puts our old beaten up paper version into a cocked hat - ON AMAZON with Ice Scraper functionality: Parking Disc with 24-Hour Display,Parking Timer European Parking Clock 24-Hour Time Display and Ice Scraper: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B096Q41D92/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_DX9J17XFY8KTXV4GK8M2?tag=amz07b-21

Fantastic, who can resist a parking disc that doubles as a multi-tool Toofy Grin
latest report
@sno trax, @Pamski,

Thank you for your suggestions - that's very helpful indeed. There was one on eBay but sadly, would arrive too late for our trip, always worth a look. Handy to know that they seem to be universally accepted. Very Happy
snow report
Hi there
Coming to Val Claret on 26th March with two teenage daughters, one of whom (16) is a bit of social animal and so is keen to have ski guiding/tuition with a group of kids her age. Could anyone please recommend a ski school who provide these sorts of sessions-preferably with a bias towards UK clientele. She is a very good skier-can cover anything on piste.
May be tricky I realise given it might only be private schools off that week. She's got GCSEs but some things are more important after two years off the slopes. Toofy Grin
Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
We're heading to Val Claret for a long weekend Thurs 31st Mar-Tues 5th Apr and staying in Curling. I'll have hire car. Looking at parking at the moment but am I right in thinking that only full weeks can be booked online?
snow report
@snowhound, I don't think anyone runs specific teen group lessons, as you are normally placed by ability. But there's nothing wrong with e mailing Ultimate, TDC, or New Gen to see if they have anything that you can jump aboard with. Evo2 tend to be multinational as a fourth option. They are all based in Lac. I think VC is ESF or 666, both predominantly French.

@NoMapNoCompass, That is correct, you have to roll up and get a ticket from the office, not sure if you enter first and then go, or go 1st.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@chocksaway, it’s 333 ski school, not the number of the beast ;o)
@snowhound, Don’t know any school that caters for 6teens-only.
@NoMapNoCompass, GM and Golf: I park outside, go to the caisse and pay for the duration. Ticket from the office can then be used for multiple entries/exits in that duration.
latest report
Thanks!
snow report
@Grinning, Ooops! Hope thats not a window into my mind Laughing Laughing

I'll get back to packing, "A ship lies rigged and ready in the harbour"! (Well if P and O's IT works).
ski holidays
Hope to be skiing Tignes from 3 April. Are lift passes same price as they have been peak season or is there any reduction by this date? Thanks
latest report
chocksaway wrote:
@Grinning, Ooops! Hope thats not a window into my mind Laughing Laughing

I'll get back to packing, "A ship lies rigged and ready in the harbour"! (Well if P and O's IT works).

Which direction is the ship heading: Port out or Starboard home? If heading out to Tignes then we should get that devilish beer - we’re out from Sunday for March/April.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 1-03-22 10:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Grinning, Outbound for a similar time frame, so YES!
ski holidays
@chocksaway, T'Hull > Rotterdam?
ski holidays
snowhound wrote:
Hi there
Coming to Val Claret on 26th March with two teenage daughters, one of whom (16) is a bit of social animal and so is keen to have ski guiding/tuition with a group of kids her age. Could anyone please recommend a ski school who provide these sorts of sessions-preferably with a bias towards UK clientele. She is a very good skier-can cover anything on piste.
May be tricky I realise given it might only be private schools off that week. She's got GCSEs but some things are more important after two years off the slopes. Toofy Grin
Thanks in advance.

As far as I'm aware we at TDC (certainly Val d side) off teen groups yes. Issue is whether any running as demand / bookings for private lessons nornally fills the slots up b4 a group can be set up.
latest report
Kettonskimum1971 wrote:
Hope to be skiing Tignes from 3 April. Are lift passes same price as they have been peak season or is there any reduction by this date? Thanks

Lift pass price is the price. Sometimes early season promos. Either way 3/4 is still 5 weeks or so before season ends so not end of the season yet.
snow report
@Steve Angus, Thanks - thought I'd check anyway. Probably won't buy until just before getting there anyway.

Regarding car parks (will need to book Golf in VC). Anyone know how late I can book this without missing out on a space (haven't a clue how big it is!). Again, this will be from 3 April.
latest report
@GeorgeVII, No, I'm swallowing my pride and going from somewhere called Doughver. I think its the place Dame Vera sang about.
snow conditions
Quote:

I think its the place Dame Vera sang about.

Whale meat again? Sad Sad

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 1-03-22 14:47; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy