Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
stab wrote:
Balls, i'm in belgium. Looks like i should be home. Landgraaf is the best it gets for me this week.

Don't worry, under the right conditions Landgraaf is perfect to spend a week Wink

I have done it Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They have installed a new webcam at stechelberg this week giving a larger and sharper picture as the last one broke... http://www.stechelberg.ch/cam/cam.htm
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And a lovely view of snowy Stechelberg it gives too, bear in mind that I think this time last year (though it might have been the previous year) there wasn't any snow at resort level let alone in the valley floor area and it looks provisionally as if there might be a nice start to the season Little Angel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
D G Orf wrote:
And a lovely view of snowy Stechelberg it gives too, bear in mind that I think this time last year (though it might have been the previous year) there wasn't any snow at resort level let alone in the valley floor area and it looks provisionally as if there might be a nice start to the season Little Angel

Indeed it does, and after a couple of glasses of wine I'm finding it really irritating to find myself having to go to page 2 of the resorts forum to find the Jungfrau thread. I remember only a couple of years ago when this thread was always so active that it never left the top few active threads on the first page. BTW, did anyone see those fine fellows from the PHO in Wengen last season? Has anyone come across them in Snowheads - I have a funny feeling that after a fun alcohol fuelled evening in February, I may have inadvertently undertaken their induction ceremony.... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AdrianV, PHO ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Brookes, P*ss Heads Only, and yes, AdrianV, I think that was up at Terry's that night when it snowed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
telford_mike wrote:
Chris Brookes, P*ss Heads Only, and yes, AdrianV, I think that was up at Terry's that night when it snowed.

I see !

15cms of new snow fell last night !!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Brookes, Told you it would (ok I was slightly out but not much) Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stechelberg looks lovely at the moment....really good early season snow !!

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is a fantastic pub at the end of that valley.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I presume it is not even worth thinking about finding a single bed in Wengen for a few nights over Christmas even if I was an attractive fun loving 25 year old with huge knockers and an advanced skier?!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skilegs wrote:
I presume it is not even worth thinking about finding a single bed in Wengen for a few nights over Christmas even if I was an attractive fun loving 25 year old with huge knockers and an advanced skier?!

If you were all that then you shouldn't need to be asking......though I suspect being an advanced skier is optional wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skilegs wrote:

Haha nice one Laughing Very Happy Hope you find a billet though - not seen you in ages Sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skilegs, If you can't find somewhere in Wengen, you may be able to get somewhere in Lauterbrunnen. I 've stayed previously at the Hotel Schutzen and can recommend it for the friendly staff and good food. I think (having done a check on their online booking pages) that they may currently have single room availability over Christmas. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skilegs, I'd have thought Christmas might be possible, it's only New Years that usually needs booking well in advance
ski holidays
Last year Christmas was dead quiet with pretty much no hotel fully booked.... Newyear was hellish busy Wink

Alastair Pink wrote:
skilegs, If you can't find somewhere in Wengen, you may be able to get somewhere in Lauterbrunnen. I 've stayed previously at the Hotel Schutzen and can recommend it for the friendly staff and good food. I think (having done a check on their online booking pages) that they may currently have single room availability over Christmas. Madeye-Smiley

Never had an unplesant experience at Schutzen Restaurant. But...

http://www.beo-news.ch/abns%202008/nov%202008/sch%C3%BCtzenlbr19.htm

The restaurant will be run by a company which runs 2 restaurants in Bern, starting the 19th of December. Which shouldn't be a problem, but its a change nontheless.
ski holidays
hi everyone,
I'm afraid I've been off line for a while in the midst of OSD (off season depression), but now snow is falling in the Alps, and on the closest place the Alps have to heaven, I'm beginning to perk up. My question is this: is there a sight on the web which gives accurate, current weather and snow conditions in Wengen, rather than having to wait for the historical data the next day? It's good to be back! It's good to see that Chris is still trying to tell us that Murren is the place to go; and do I need to ask Stab for permission to borrow his mountain in February (Not half term week); and DG ORF it's good to get your great forecasts again - will you get to WEngen this year? snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
lauberhorn is good, off piste is rubbish. Looks like it was really windy up there the last days, maybe 10cm of unpisted snow. Made it back to wengen though through the closed pistes. Left side of bumps is great.
My mountain is up for grabs in feb, I dont want it then.
snow conditions
Im still trying to convert the unconverted....some things just dont change a

I look at the following (im sure you know them anyway but he goes)

Meteo Swiss (Wengen postcode 3823) http://www.meteoschweiz.admin.ch/web/en/weather/detail_forecast/localforecasts.html?language=en&plz=3823&x=17&y=11
Snow-forecast http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Wengen/6day/bot
Metcheck http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast.asp?resortID=73
Jungfrau site http://www.jungfrauwinter.ch/pages/english/PST/isp.php?page=PST_KM_pst&data=B1_W
snow report
Chris Brookes, great links - thks

am heading to the Hotel Bellevue for New Years with the OH - first time to Wengen - can't wait - will be keeping glued to the forecasts and live webcams snowHead
snow report
Chris Brookes wrote:
Im still trying to convert the unconverted....some things just dont change a

I had a dream last night that the lifts on the murren side had to be cut out of the snow, it reached over the chairs Laughing Maybe a sign Smile

Dumping snowmen at the moment.
snow report
doogo, wengen webcam http://www.wengen.com/ncam.html

doogo, make sure you pop over to Murren for a day !!

stab, now that would be good Laughing
ski holidays
skilegs wrote:
if I was an attractive fun loving 25 year old with huge knockers?!
If you have these attributes and are female you can share my bed at the Alpenrose.
snow report
The Jungfrau-Winter website seems to be showing the lift status for tomorrow... http://www.jungfrauwinter.ch lots of green!
snow conditions
stevehaskew wrote:
The Jungfrau-Winter website seems to be showing the lift status for tomorrow... http://www.jungfrauwinter.ch lots of green!

Nice. 7 more days of boring bloody work and I'll be there Smile
snow report
stevehaskew wrote:

thats because as of tomorrow all lifts are open and starts the winter season
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, yeah great, that means work starts monday Sad
Its all pisted from bumps to town now, unfortunately. Windy as hell up lauberhorn today. Mannlichen gets a new asshole ripped in it tomorrow, cant wait.
snow conditions
stab, did you ever find out what that building was for up at Mannlichen.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Question....how is it that First @ 2200m has 95cm and the Schilhtorn at 3000m has 65cm Puzzled
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, I will give it my upmost attention tomorrow. I still hope its an oak hall containment area.
latest report
Chris Brookes wrote:
Question....how is it that First @ 2200m has 95cm and the Schilhtorn at 3000m has 65cm Puzzled

because it's as windy as hell up top and first isnt getting as battered.
snow report
http://beo-news.ch/abns%202008/dez%202008/skibar04.htm

The Gemsbergbar up at First won't reopen. It won't get its (already) temporal license renewed. It got damaged by an avalange the 5th of may 2008....
snow report
stab wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:

because it's as windy as hell up top and first isnt getting as battered.

I thought they always took the reading from a sheltered area to give the actual snow depth.
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, They do, unfortunately there's very little sheltered space at the Schilthorn, often the snow has a chance to settle and freeze in place but it looks as if this hasn't happened with this particular fall
snow report
indeed, there is more snow on bumps than on top of lauberhorn, which is looking very thin in places now, which I'm not particularly worried about as I hate scheidegg, its all about the mannlichen and teh murren.
snow conditions
30cms dumped at the Schilthorn last night !! (now 100cms there ..................excellent start to the season !!)
snow report
I dont think it is an excellent start, an ok start but not excellent. Unless you like piste riding, the off piste hasnt opened up yet. Very little snow on it.
latest report
ture...but its creating a good snow base at the early part of the season...
ski holidays
mannlichen is close to full on, I only bottomed out a few times today.

Your hut seems to be a cow shed/hay store.
snow conditions
stab wrote:
mannlichen is close to full on, I only bottomed out a few times today.

Your hut seems to be a cow shed/hay store.

shame...hoped it would be more interesting.....thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy