Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Chris Brookes wrote:
...why cant UK airlines use Berne airport in the winter... Sad

It's just landing fees mate - too expensive.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
but Flybe do it from Southampton...o well a...train it as always.

When i was young Cross Air & Dan Air used to fly into Berne from Charles De Gaulle which was perfect....good old days !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How big is the airport in Interlaken? Could it support charter flights?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh yesss, the delights of being flown into Berne by that nice Captain McDuddledum (something always Scottish but inaudible) from Dan Dair, who would sometimes - with much soothing commentary - make several attempts at landing in a snowstorm, and then give up and fly to Zurich. I just loved Berne Airport, superb caff upstairs and generally just so homely. What bliss it would be to fly from City Airport to Berne, I'd probably never ski anywhere but the Jungfrau region on that basis.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle wrote:
Oh yesss, the delights of being flown into Berne by that nice Captain McDuddledum (something always Scottish but inaudible) from Dan Dair, who would sometimes - with much soothing commentary - make several attempts at landing in a snowstorm, and then give up and fly to Zurich. I just loved Berne Airport, superb caff upstairs and generally just so homely. What bliss it would be to fly from City Airport to Berne, I'd probably never ski anywhere but the Jungfrau region on that basis.

I also remember plenty of snow at Berne airport each year at christmas when we landed (i remember Dan Air making a couple of attempts into Berne too...lol)which now you hardly see... Now when we arrive we are lucky to see good amount of snow in Lauterbrunnen and pray while going upto Murren we start seeing snow...times have changed but its a wonderful place and we will be back year after year

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 20-11-08 8:25; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle, I flew that route once, City to Berne with Cross Air, was just perfect!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skibb wrote:
How big is the airport in Interlaken? Could it support charter flights?

Runway would be ok, but there are no terminal facilities (mind you - Berne has hardly any and they do alright).

Interlaken airport is mostly used for walking dogs unfortunately. Would be brilliant if they did it though - imagine the final approach along the lake between the mountains!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
telford_mike wrote:
imagine the final approach along the lake between the mountains!

imagine it? I've done it ..... in a Spitfire and a Comet......incredible what those clever chaps at Microsoft have done with their scenery generation in flight simulator. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
AdrianV wrote:
telford_mike wrote:
imagine the final approach along the lake between the mountains!

imagine it? I've done it ..... in a Spitfire and a Comet......incredible what those clever chaps at Microsoft have done with their scenery generation in flight simulator. Toofy Grin

LOL. I tried it in the Cessna 172 but repeatedly crashed somewhere near Murren Puzzled

Anyhow. Skiing this weekend? This from the Jungfrubahn...

"Snow is forecast – a little late for the coming weekend?
It’s not yet possible to put ski lifts at First, Kleine Scheidegg, Männlichen and Mürren into operation.
We will get to work on the new snow at once and inform you here on Saturday about the possibilities of Sunday skiing!"
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I wonder if the new snow coming in the next couple of days will stick and be the start of the new season base at lower levels ??

wide awake now wink

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 21-11-08 10:09; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Brookes wrote:
will you snow coming in the next couple of days stick and be the start of the new season base at lower levels ??

Puzzled Puzzled

Have you been at the Babelfish, Chris?? wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hmm, forecast now suggests that up to 60cm of snow may fall this weekend and temps will stay sub zero all week, even more snow the following week however tuesday 2nd may be a bit warm and give a bit of rain, this may not be a really bad thing as it could help to consolodate the base
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
just woke up Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's worrying, I'm becoming obsessed by the snow forecast! So it's looking good for when I go in three weeks, right? Or is there still the danger of it all melting again?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stevehaskew wrote:
It's worrying, I'm becoming obsessed by the snow forecast! So it's looking good for when I go in three weeks, right? Or is there still the danger of it all melting again?

Join the club mate - we're all asking the same questions. All you can say at the moment is that it's cold Very Happy and it's snowing Very Happy Very Happy so that's good! It could easily all melt again, but this gets less likely the nearer we get to Xmas.

I have arrived in a snow-free Wengen on many occasions. The snow alwways comes though.

I'm going out in 3 weeks too, so keep everything crossed Madeye-Smiley
snow report
stevehaskew, we arrived on the 20th Dec one year with no snow in the resort (Murren) but after 2 days the temps dropped and it started to snow and didn't stop for 2 days !!

Don't worry...it will be fine
latest report
stab, wake up......whats it like outside...stab, wake up !!

Pics please and depth....lol...
snow conditions
Chris Brookes wrote:
stab, wake up......whats it like outside...stab, wake up !!

Pics please and depth....lol...

He's in Zermatt, with a big hangover.
snow report
Jungfrau news

Sunday 23.11.2008 Chairlift Schiltgrat open -

SB Schiltgrat Mürren sunday 23th november 2008 in oparation 22.11.2008

The chairlift Schiltgrat in Mürren is open on sunday 23th november 2008. Dailycards Mürren-Schilthorn with special tariff CHF 41.- for adults.
The other winteroperation will be from 29th novembre

taken from website - http://www.jungfrauwinter.ch/pages/english/JWR/index.php
snow report
60cms in the village and 100cm at the Schilthorn....winter is here !!

snow conditions
Please note my earlier forecast of 60cms at resort level, am I good or am I very good wink Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
D G Orf wrote:
Please note my earlier forecast of 60cms at resort level, am I good or am I very good wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

you are normally but your prediction was for Wengen as always and not Murren....Wengen only got 20cms
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, Wengen side snow report wasn't updated today(sunday)

Lets wait for stab to report home Wink
snow report
Ronald, I'm home. Doesnt look like much snow tbh, maybe 20cm.
latest report
stab wrote:
Ronald, I'm home. Doesnt look like much snow tbh, maybe 20cm.

how was your trip ?
latest report
Chris Brookes, awesome, I picked up a tourist disease though, dying right now. Zermatt is insanely good at the moment.
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, I didn't say which resort though did I Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
D G Orf wrote:
Chris Brookes, I didn't say which resort though did I Laughing Laughing Laughing

very true Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab wrote:
Chris Brookes, awesome, I picked up a tourist disease though, dying right now. Zermatt is insanely good at the moment.

you say that everytime you come back from Zermatt or am i having a senior moment (at a young age..lol)

they have updated the snow report for Wengen now
ski holidays
zermatt is always good because it isnt wengen Smile

Snowed all day here, maybe 40 cm at 1300m
ski holidays
Hows it looking in Wengen at the moment....snowy Puzzled

Have you been out in it yet Puzzled
latest report
Chris Brookes, I don't know about Wengen but Kleine Scheidegg looks fabulous on the Webcam this morning now if only it will stay like that.

Forecast indicates it getting slightly warmer arround Friday this week with a small chance of light rain at resort level (though it might be snow) However it also looks like it gets colder again on Saturday with heavyish snow Sunday into Monday for probably another 20cm or there abouts, with a good chance of more snow into next week and beyond according to current forecasts
ski holidays
D G Orf, is that the forecast for Murren again Twisted Evil Little Angel ?
snow report
Skiing this weekend - from the Jungfrauwinter website:

Region First:
-Grindelwald-First aerial cableway
-Oberjoch and Grindel chairlifts and pistes(Bärgelegg expected)
-First and Schreckfeld restaurants

Region Kleine Scheidegg-Männlichen
-The Wengernalp and Jungfrau Railways, Männlichen gondola cableway, LWM aerial cableway
-Arven, Honegg, Lauberhorn, Gummi, Männlichen and Tschuggen chairlifts and pistes.
-Kleine Scheidegg Station Restaurant and Mountain Restaurant Männlichen
-Valley runs are open until Brandegg, Allmend and Holenstein

Mürren-Schilthorn:
-Gondola and train Lauterbrunnen-Mürren
-Schilthorn aerial cableway until Mürren as well as Schiltgrat chairlift and pistes.

Seems strange to only open 1 lift at Murren (particularly there's nothing open at Allmendhubel). Snow shortage? Twisted Evil NehNeh
snow report
telford_mike wrote:

I can almost taste the Brandegg apple fritters already. wink rolling eyes
snow report
telford_mike, most of the local hotels don't open until Mid/Late december so they usually open up either side of Grindelwald first as there's more parking there for locals.

Red Leon, <Homer> Mmmm apple fritters <> Don't forget the vanille sauce wink
ski holidays
Balls, i'm in belgium. Looks like i should be home. Landgraaf is the best it gets for me this week.
snow conditions
D G Orf wrote:
Chris Brookes, I don't know about Wengen but Kleine Scheidegg looks fabulous on the Webcam this morning now if only it will stay like that.

Forecast indicates it getting slightly warmer arround Friday this week with a small chance of light rain at resort level (though it might be snow) However it also looks like it gets colder again on Saturday with heavyish snow Sunday into Monday for probably another 20cm or there abouts, with a good chance of more snow into next week and beyond according to current forecasts

SF.com states FL will be at 1400m so it must be for Wengen as its forcasting snow for Murren....lol
latest report
telford_mike wrote:

Region First:
-Grindelwald-First aerial cableway
-Oberjoch and Grindel chairlifts and pistes(Bärgelegg expected)
-First and Schreckfeld restaurants

-The Wengernalp and Jungfrau Railways, Männlichen gondola cableway, LWM aerial cableway
-Arven, Honegg, Lauberhorn, Gummi, Männlichen and Tschuggen chairlifts and pistes.
-Kleine Scheidegg Station Restaurant and Mountain Restaurant Männlichen

Mürren-Schilthorn:
-Gondola and train Lauterbrunnen-Mürren
-Schilthorn aerial cableway until Mürren as well as Schiltgrat chairlift and pistes.

Seems strange to only open 1 lift at Murren (particularly there's nothing open at Allmendhubel). Snow shortage? Twisted Evil NehNeh

ha ha ..lol....there is a good reason for that !
ski holidays
From Swissinfo.org:

Jungfraujoch express lift plans scrapped

The Jungfrau Railways has ruled out installing a fast lift to the "Top of Europe", opting instead to update its fleet to cut train journey times.
The operator announced plans on Thursday for modern, high-speed shuttle trains and new crossing possibilities inside the mountain to prevent bottlenecks in peak season.

The work should take at least six years and is expected to cost around SFr100 million ($83.32 million). Visitor numbers should go up from 4,400 to 6,000 a day.

A futuristic lift or cable railway to the 3,454-metre-high Jungfraujoch station in the Bernese Oberland was one of the ideas investigated in a feasibility study carried out by the railway.

The study examined ways of improving access and adding to the attraction of the cogwheel railway that has transported visitors for nearly a century.

The express lift was envisaged to cut the current one-hour, 40-minute journey from Lauterbrunnen to the Jungfraujoch down to 20 minutes, but the study found the project would have cost up to SFr970 million.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy