Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
I stayed at the Jungfraublick before it was renovated and it was absolutely fine - friendly and the food was pretty good too. I see from the pics on their website that they've done it up since then - looks v comfortable.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

stayed at the Jungfraublick before it was renovated and it was absolutely fine - friendly and the food was pretty good too. I see from the pics on their website that they've done it up since then - looks v comfortable.

Much obliged.

TM Schoenegg also booked out. Vive la Mid-Term.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lobby of the Jungfraublick looked nice enough. 200 meter walk to the snowgarden....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am going to be working in Wengen this season and I am looking for accommodation, with some difficulty. I know this is a longshot but if anyone has/knows of some available accommodation in Wengen or within commuting distance then please let me know.

Also if anyone knows of any estate/rental agencies in the area I would be very grateful if you could pass those onto me as well.

Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LaserStock, im sure people will advise you here but why have you left it so late ?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have been looking for several weeks but time is, as you say getting short, and my job there was only confirmed about two weeks ago.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
LaserStock, to be brutally honest you have no chance imo. I know no end of people looking.
Your job should sort something out for you no? Staff rooms or something?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab. No, they are looking and will try to help but it is down to me to look as well.

What are my chances further down the valley? Lauterbrunnen? Anwhere else? What about Interlaken? How far away is it? Is it a commutable distance?

I'm really only after a bed somewhere. More than happy to share with others. Just thought some of you Natives may know of somehwere?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
interlaken is 45 minutes from wengen by train(s). For sure space down there but i couldnt face that every day. Lauterbrunnen maybe worth a shot.
Who you working for?
Have you tried the tourist offices in wengen and lauterbrunnen? They keep a list of all the accomodation available but recently it's been like 2 apartments. I blame the chalet owners and their 2 week a year apartments, its killing this place.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stab, pm sent
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stab, you're quite right, when I started going to Wengen there were something like 140 chalets that could be rented in Wengen, I have no idea of the numbers these days but I suspect that there are less than half that number, oh and at least 4 hotels have converted to appartments since then as well Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
D G Orf, there's seriously nothing, only 5 years ago you could find a place to live easily just by walking into the co-op and reading the cards on the board there, now there's twice as many cards searching for a place. Still, just think of their mortgages now Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There does seem to have been a distinct change in the accommodation setup in Wengen over the past 2 years or so, with increasing numbers of chalets falling out of the rental category, and much of what is available is in the racers retreat which is not exactly handy for downtown Wengen! I don't suppose this means the pistes will be any less crowded in peak weeks such as halfterm and school holidays. Happily, the reduction in numbers of available tourist beds does not seem to have increased the proces significantly, although no doubt the global economic downturn will have an impact (unless those cunning Swiss are somehow immune from such international inconveniences, which would not surprise anyone!).
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, have you looked outside yet wink Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chris Brookes, I don't care, I'm trapped in a downward spiral of self loathing, depression and hate. Nothing, and I mean nothing can cheer me up. Don't know what's wrong with me to be honest, maybe a bit less partaking of the doobage.
snow conditions
stab wrote:
Chris Brookes, I don't care, I'm trapped in a downward spiral of self loathing, depression and hate. Nothing, and I mean nothing can cheer me up. Don't know what's wrong with me to be honest, maybe a bit less partaking of the doobage.

thats your answer......less usage m8
snow conditions
problem is the usage has remained constant for 20 years, hasn't increased or decreased, occasional spikes here and there. I just feel so over waiting for winter, working all winter, waiting for winter again. If I dont find a summer hobby that doesnt break every 2 days (the mountain board) I'll go crazy.
And for some stupid reason only I am probably capable of figuring out I'm doing basi L1 next week in zermatt, wtf is all that about? Why did I book that?

And it snowed a little bit, ground is still not frozen though so doubt it will last. Up eigergletscher the dump last week kind of remained, it has a base of sorts. I'm not expecting winter anytime soon, I havent even seen the birds shopping in grindelwald yet, normally they fly from wengen, over scheidegg, grab a load of berries and crap in grindelwald then fly back over scheidegg to wengen, I havent seen a single one yet.
snow conditions
stab, then maybe you need to make a determined effort to cut down/quit. I know someone with the same issue and had been doing it for a constant 26 years but decided to quit 4 months ago !!

He feels so much better in himself and doesnt have the mood swings etc (im sure you know what i mean)
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, when I cut down the anger comes out, and I dont like the anger, seriously I'm an ass when the anger comes out. What a dilemna Laughing
ski holidays
stab, The anger tends to go with age.
ski holidays
riverman, I hope so

it's snowing btw.
latest report
stab, hows u ??
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, tres bien. Been up the joch today. Squeaky winter snow up there. Word on the street is we are waiting for 2 nights to be forecast cold and the cannons go on voll gas Very Happy The top lauberhorn cannon is already on.
snow report
winter will soon be there lower down a !!

Have you been on the Tyrolienne yet ??
snow report
its gone for the winter, nothing is out there until next summer again. Actually it's closed for 3 months out to the aletsch glacier, where you come out onto the glacier is all falling down, they have guys out there drilling anchor points into the rock.
ski holidays
stab wrote:
its gone for the winter, nothing is out there until next summer again. Actually it's closed for 3 months out to the aletsch glacier, where you come out onto the glacier is all falling down, they have guys out there drilling anchor points into the rock.

crumbs !!

Shame they cant do anything more out there maybe increase the ski area as its pants. I know it will never be glacier skiing bigtime but at least make it BIGGER !
latest report
Chris Brookes wrote:
Shame they cant do anything more out there maybe increase the ski area as its pants. I know it will never be glacier skiing bigtime but at least make it BIGGER !

they cant because of the UNESCO status Sad
snow conditions
stab, if you are on facebook becareful....virus going around at the mo !
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, Low temps forecast from Tuesday onwards and some snow.
ski holidays
riverman wrote:
stab, Low temps forecast from Tuesday onwards and some snow.

its looking good from thursday onwards, SF.com state 40cms on fri alone !
snow report
Quote:

its looking good from thursday onwards, SF.com state 40cms on fri alone !

If 10% of what SF forecast actually arrives between Thursday and Sunday, then happy days Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Ok I predict pretty damn cold weather at the end of the week, possibly dropping to -10C in Wengen itself this will coincide with a fairly sizeable amount of precipitation on Friday which may possibly start as rain in the early afternoon before turning to snow as night approaches with further light snow on Saturday and possibly into next week as well, Sunday currently looks like it might be a nice day for Stab to get some boarding in, currently it looks as if next week will stay cold. Possibly with more snow showers at resort level and higher
ski holidays
I'll be in Wengen for the MSB! I've just booked a return flight from Manchester to Geneva with Swiss Airlines for £89 return, and they include free ski carriage Very Happy
I've also arranged a 6 day ski package staying at the Alpenrose - good value, the walk uphill to town is the only downside (if that makes sense Toofy Grin )
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
I'll be in Wengen for the MSB! I've just booked a return flight from Manchester to Geneva with Swiss Airlines for £89 return, and they include free ski carriage Very Happy
I've also arranged a 6 day ski package staying at the Alpenrose - good value, the walk uphill to town is the only downside (if that makes sense Toofy Grin )

good flight deal but a shame they dont fly to Zurich to reduce the t/fer time !
latest report
When is the MSB? (Too lazy to plough through all the posts) Shocked
latest report
telford_mike, MSB is March 14th to 21st Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Thanks Alastair - I'll be there too Very Happy
snow report
I'm defecting to France in Januari Shocked

1 Week Tignes, 1 Week Les Deux Alpes from the 10th till 25th.

After that i hope to make up during the MSB!
latest report
Chris Brookes, But they do fly to Zurich, from Heathrow and of course the centre of the universe *****BIRMINGHAM***** snowHead snowHead
snow report
We are flying direct to Geneva as we cant go direct to Zurich...wish we could as it would save an hour t/fer time.....why cant UK airlines use Berne airport in the winter... Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy