Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Most of the webcams are just cloud... but I found one that wasn't!

http://www.bahnhof-scheidegg.ch/livecam/scheidegg_big.jpg Snow!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The snow turns to rain just below allmend, snowing pretty well on top now. Not cold enough yet though, only 0 degrees.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Slimy friedegg an hour ago

Today the cannons arrived, woop woop

The left run to arven, dont know the name or the color, I guess it's the red one.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stab, hows it now Puzzled (ps..ta for pics)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
es wenig schneit außerhalb meines Haus.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stab wrote:
es wenig schneit außerhalb meines Haus.

good lets hope it gets heavier though !
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
turning heavier now, doesn't feel so cold though. Sad Hopefully I can harvest it tomorrow and make a mini ramp.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab wrote:
turning heavier now, doesn't feel so cold though. Sad Hopefully I can harvest it tomorrow and make a mini ramp.

and pics
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
crumbs..30cm forecasted for Murren Wed nite !!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is stab doing the first tracks on Oh God and Racetrack yet?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
well [/b]stab[/b] Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cant type, snowed in, send food and water, help me obi wan, you're my only hope.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab, Don't underestimate the Force, be strong !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
it's been light snow all day then about 5 o'clock it started dumping and isnt stopping, even my sky is breaking up, that doesnt happen often. Tomorrow I won't be wearing normal shoes to work Wink

Just now

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stab wrote:
it's been light snow all day then about 5 o'clock it started dumping and isnt stopping, even my sky is breaking up, that doesnt happen often. Tomorrow I won't be wearing normal shoes to work Wink

Just now

omg....excellent

your high heels ?
snow report
of course, what else Laughing
ski holidays
sh\t son, that's slightly too much for me. Only an idiot would go off on his own somewhere now. Wink

snow conditions
stab wrote:
sh\t son, that's slightly too much for me. Only an idiot would go off on his own somewhere now. Wink

omg...u working today,trains working ?
latest report
Trains not working:

http://www.jungfraubahn.ch/de/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-1/6_read-6887/
latest report
yay day off. Just built a kicker, now I have to unpack my board and it's game on. Measured 52cm in town Very Happy

Trains just starting now I think, anyway, enough with the internetz, wooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
ski holidays
stab wrote:
yay day off. Just built a kicker, now I have to unpack my board and it's game on. Measured 52cm in town Very Happy

Trains just starting now I think, anyway, enough with the internetz, wooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

any pics of today building/using the kicker
snow conditions
not really, took me all friggin day to cut a piste out to get enough speed up.

This is the lower kicker, I had another one further up over the road to get the speed for this one.

My own private off piste section, down we go, off to the left into the trees, repeat, smile.

Missus was spying on me from the kitchen

7:30am this morning, I had to rush like an idiot through all that so I wouldnt be late for a train that was never leaving Sad

The thaw set in this evening though, it's cold but this snow wont last long. Thinking about an assault on the lauberhorn tomorrow but it's a bit slip happy at the moment, losts of booms all around today.
All in all I was a kid in a sweet shop all day.
snow conditions
nice pics but theres a dude in one of the pics holding a pink board...is that you ? Laughing
snow conditions
I think it's a lost child Chris Brookes, notice how they've lost their gloves too.
ski holidays
gloves, pfft. Only women wear gloves.

Actually, true story. Watching the snowboard movies hardly anyone wears gloves so I thought I'd try it, by my reckoning they take their gloves off for the shoot then put them back on because I couldnt do a day in winter without mine.

It's not pink, but it is the closest I could get at short notice. That's only had 2 weeks on the snow since I got it, schilthorn scalped me on the last week of the season.
snow conditions
stab wrote:
gloves, pfft. Only women wear gloves.

Actually, true story. Watching the snowboard movies hardly anyone wears gloves so I thought I'd try it, by my reckoning they take their gloves off for the shoot then put them back on because I couldnt do a day in winter without mine.

It's not pink, but it is the closest I could get at short notice. That's only had 2 weeks on the snow since I got it, schilthorn scalped me on the last week of the season.

im not judging you m8, if you want to wear high heels at night and ride a pink board by day ...go for it Laughing

keep the pics coming...the snow will be gone soon Sad
ski holidays
at least its a pink board with a knuckle duster on it.

Yep, I reckon by tomorrow afternoon it's finished with the snow.
latest report
Looks like the waterfalls in the Lauterbrunnen valley will be going overtime with that melting snow, what will be interesting is to see if any stays up at higher levels
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf, are you going to Wengen this season ?
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, I'd like to, yes, I really need the holiday wink
snow report
foehn in the house, yeah boyeeeeee.
ski holidays
stab, I've got a phone in my house as well! wink
ski holidays
Alastair Pink, bet you use it for telemarketing

boom tchish, thank you very much, I'm here all week.
snow report
Alastair Pink, and a lot of hot air !
snow conditions
bye bye murren, their avalanche siren is going off.
snow conditions
Folks,

i'm planning to return to Wengen again this spring but my favourite haunt, the Eiger, is no longer. Some of the other hotels that I also know are booked out and I don't know a lot about the one's with accommodation. Any opinions on the relative merits of Hotels Alpenruhe, Brunner, Jungfraublick & Bellevue?

Much obliged.

Skibb
snow report
Hi Skibb, Have you thought about the Berghaus? I've not stayed at any of the ones you mention (I'm guessing you know the locations). Berghaus is good for its C3 category though, and pretty good location.

http://www.berghaus-wengen.ch/
ski holidays
Telford-Mike,

Berghaus, Baren & Caprice all booked out ( as well as most of the other hotels, but these would have been my preference). The choice that I have is the 4 hotels I named. For some resaon I'm leaning towards either Jungfraublick or Brunner, probably the former due to it's better location. I cannot expain why however and it would be great to hear from someone who knows.

Skibb
snow conditions
Schonegg?
snow conditions
Schonegg is very nice as is the Alpenrose (though the walk up can be a killer), I've not been in the Jungfraublick for a long time so I don't know what it's like, however last time I was in the Brunner for drinks with a friend I got the impression that it was a bit tired and had seen better days
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy