Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
stab wrote:
Rowlski wrote:
I got the official dates through from the Jungfrau tourist office today, basically through to 13th April, have posted the full dates here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1016565#1016565

So shall definitely go for our first Wengen experience next April Very Happy

grr ffs, so yet again mannlichen is first to close despite it being the far better mountain in april compared to shitey lauberhorn year after year after year. I give up, I despair, I roll my eyes skywards, whoever is in charge should be shot, then bugg3r3d, then shot again.
At least schilthorn is a more reasonable 26th april. I'm in a bad mood now, I noticed they extended First's season though, First always closes before mannlichen and now it's the same day, did I mention I give up, despair, rolling eyes etc yet?
I hope the lauberhorn race gets bad weathered off this year, hah take that.

Solution: Split-touring-board for stab

The absense of uplift should make it more clear whose mountain it really is Wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stab, Congratulations Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... i can't wait to go skiing again (just thought i would share that with you )
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
telford_mike wrote:

thanks, I'm close to death now though, 3 days of no sleep and too much jagermeister.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stab, I hear you were wearing a very sharp suit for the big event. Congragulations
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought everything from a snowboard shop (proper snowboard shops, the kind that get allowed to sell gold bindings, none of this ski malarky), there really is nothing in life you could want for that a snowboard shop doesnt supply. I saw volcom slippers in Bern yesterday Cool after I spent a few hours rubbing myself against new boards.
Actually, that's my new life philosophy, if I can't get it in a snowboard shop then I don't want it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab wrote:
telford_mike wrote:

thanks, I'm close to death now though, 3 days of no sleep and too much jagermeister.

I'll be in town this weekend for another one Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh yeah - anyone know when ski-passes go on sale?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
telford_mike, I think it might be November
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just showing off my new addition to the signature. It's true, honest Wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stab wrote:
Just showing off my new addition to the signature. It's true, honest Wink

Yup, unless you have a laptop with Vista, which is so crap it doesn't know how to connect to a public wifi point protected by a security key on a USB stick Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hahahaha did you say vista? rolzonfloorpmsl etc etc.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Congratulations stab, I hope you're still alive after being pickled in Jagermeister Toofy Grin

I'm back to obsessing about my visit to Wengen again and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for private ski lessons there? Just looking for maybe 1 or 2 couple of hour sessions for me and the missus, can't be bothered with whole week ski school but definitely need some lessons!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Try the Privat school - Pierre is a very nice guy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skilegs wrote:
Try the Privat school - Pierre is a very nice guy

As is Tino (also from Privat)
snow report
Thanks skilegs and Alastair Pink.

Can anyone advise if the Bernerhof appartments are as grim as they look in some of the pictures I've seen. They fit the bill for me size and location wise but (maybe bad pics) they look like they could be pretty awful ... Puzzled
snow conditions
Rowlski, what pics have you seen? I haven't seen the rooms, but the restaurant i visited a couple of times.
snow report
Seen this one on the Inghams site, makes it look a bit like a multi-storey car park http://www.inghams.co.uk/ski/SWI/WEN/I6296/

This one looks a bit better http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188085-d291728-Reviews-Hotel_Bernerhof-Wengen_Jungfrau_Region_Bernese_Oberland_Swiss_Alps.html

But they're the only ones I've found and wasn't convinced though the location etc. sounds decent. I assume the restaurant is in the Hotel itself rather than the Residence / Appartments which is where I was considering. The Hotel looks nice but I'm looking for an appartment as will have a baby with us and self catering is easier.
ski holidays
Rowlski, I'd class the Bernerhof hotel as basic but clean, the appartments I'd actually rate higher than the hotel (though probably not by much) Location wise they're pretty good at the opposite end of the high street to the station but pretty much on the level, not ski in/out but a short level walk to station, cablecar or shops. The high street takes less than 5 mins to walk from one end to the other by the way.

The building itself is not as bad looking as those photos would seem to indicate, it's a mix of stone chip finished concrete walls with timber details I think it was built in the 70's
latest report
stab wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:
stab, Mr fountain of no knowledge....do you know what they are building near to the Mannlichen top station ?

Don't know and don't care, havent been to mannlichen since april 13th. I havent renewed my resident permit thing this season so I would have to pay full price to go up there, so I won't be going up till it decides to snow.

If you want I'll guess what it is, can you see it on the webcams?

Took this pic on Sunday. No-one seems to know what it is...

snow conditions
Thanks D G Orf, I don't mind if its not fancy, basic and clean is fine as location and convenience and price seem good. Just didn't fancy staying in some god awful ugly place!
snow conditions
telford_mike, maybe its a new modern art installation! Thats it done and dusted.
latest report
telford_mike, difficult to tell, but from the size of the doorways it's not for vehicles, could it possibly be new public toilets ? It would be about the right size for a double (male/female) toilet block, perhaps the ones inside the cable car station are on their last legs, or more likely they are regarded as a health hazzard duer to people falling down the stairs inside in ski boots that location would be handy for access from both the cablecar station and teh mannlichen chailift as well
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:
stab wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:
stab, Mr fountain of no knowledge....do you know what they are building near to the Mannlichen top station ?

Don't know and don't care, havent been to mannlichen since april 13th. I havent renewed my resident permit thing this season so I would have to pay full price to go up there, so I won't be going up till it decides to snow.

it's a containment unit for those friggin blue bag picnic gangs.
latest report
stab, Laughing Laughing Laughing And you could even be right wink
latest report
it just needs the gas plumbing in, sorry, I meant the water plumbing in.
ski holidays
They are building a similar building just above First. From the base plinths they are building at floor level I would guess that it is for some kind of generator or other type of electrical equipment.
snow report
telford_mike wrote:
stab wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:

Cheers for looking...what can it be for Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Did anyone see Jack Osbourne Celebrity Adrenaline Junkie on wed on ITV2 it was filmed in the region (climbing the Monch and jumping from a cablecar stopped between Murren and Birg).....The second part of it is next wed !!
ski holidays
stab,

I know i have mentioned this before but why doesn't the guy who runs www.wengen.com not update the news section,last time it was updated was on the 12th June. Puzzled
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, maybe he has a life wink
latest report
Chris Brookes wrote:
stab,

I know i have mentioned this before but why doesn't the guy who runs www.wengen.com not update the news section,last time it was updated was on the 12th June. Puzzled

june 12th is bang up to date, that was the last time anything happened here.
ski holidays
Elizabeth B wrote:
Chris Brookes, maybe he has a life wink

whats that Laughing
snow conditions
Hi guys - I mentioned some time back that I am keen to come and stay in the Wengen area for 3 months or so this winter. I have not had any luck finding accommodation for that long a time and it looks like I may need to find somewhere else to stay. Can you guys plesae give me advice on what places I should be looking to stay. Ideally I am after somewhere close to Wengen that is at a reasonably high elevation with lots of snow around and all of the great views etc. I am looking for an apartment or similar basic self catering accommodation (it is just the 2 of us) in an area that is pretty close to being ski in ski out accommodation or at least very close to the ski lifts (more advanced runs would be best) and ideally not too far from the night life and other action. When I was there last year I thought that Wengen looked great and I wanted to come back - but it looks like that is not going to work out so any advice on where to stay near by would be most appreciated. Many thanks Mark.
latest report
markjj wrote:
Hi guys - I mentioned some time back that I am keen to come and stay in the Wengen area for 3 months or so this winter. I have not had any luck finding accommodation for that long a time and it looks like I may need to find somewhere else to stay.

the thing is here there's nowhere for locals to live in summer, in winter it gets worse when a shedload of ski teachers etc arrive. Probably all or if not all then 99% of it is all gone by now.

Give the lodge an email, worth a try http://www.wengenlodge.ch/english/home.php but to be honest I think it's all booked out.
ski holidays
Hi Stab - I appreciate the tip, I will check it out. I know that I have left it a bit late. I don't know the area very well - can you please suggest other locations in the area that I should check out that would be what I am looking for - up high / lots of snow / good more advanced ski runs / close to lifts (possibly ski in and out) / close to transport / great views / close to the action / etc. Any pointers would be most appreciated. My boss still has not approved my time off - but I am very hopeful. Cheers.
snow report
markjj, murren is the highest, quietest, better off piste, has a snow park, more advanced runs, great views and a lot less cretins on weekends. Nightlife is nothing special though.
latest report
Did someone mention -

snow conditions
Hi

It looks like I'm going to be working in Wengen this season (possibly Grindelwald), so I am looking for seasonal accommodation. Although I would prefer to be in resort I realise that may not be possible at this late date. I am quite prepared to stay down the valley and travel in each day for work. As I don't know the area I would be grateful if you could help me by suggesting who I could contact regarding seasonal accommodation and possible locations in the area that may be suitable.

Many thanks
ski holidays
LaserStock, Chalet-service.com might be able to give you some pointers.

DownHill Only Club must have several contacts as well, telfort mike may know if they can point in any directions.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy