Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Ronald, wnen I started going there the Nursery slope steep lift was a monster that could actually pull you out of your ski boots if you were'nt clipped in tightly, on the baby nursery slope we walked up the slope, the one up to the Park hotel was always a rope tow with handles.

I suspect they'll just leave it as a walk up to the top of the slope, mainly because they won't want to have anyone stationed next to the lift in case of accidents
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
D G Orf, remember the old innerwengen lift, that thing could take you off your feet if you weren't awake.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
have any of you guys used the t-bar thats somewhere near first
it only has 1 piste going down to it but it drags you back up really quick,my friend couldnt grab hold of it!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stab, I remember it braking down on a freezing January afternoon about 4.30 and having to wait over an hour as it was wound back by hand, then having to walk back to Wengen in ski boots, never had a problem actually getting on it though, I do remember one chairlift catching me hard behind the knees but I can't remember which, might have been Arven or Wixi perhaps
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nigel b wrote:
have any of you guys used the t-bar thats somewhere near first
it only has 1 piste going down to it but it drags you back up really quick,my friend couldnt grab hold of it!

First has 2 t-bars left, Bärgelegg and Hohwald... Both of them with a fairly low linespeed. Pickup I neither find really quick...
Until last season they had the Egg poma, which i never seen running...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ronald,
not sure but this one was flying,it might of been hohwald
i used sheer brute force to hold onto it
i did watch alot go up first and quite alot struggled
might be back out this way at xmas time again
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had a lovely weeks holiday in the region with ok weather (except at the Jungfraujoch..but still managed to have ago on the tyrolienne but no paragliding for me)

I was hoping to see work starting on the new lifts in Murren for the coming season but all i found was the positioning sticks as they are not going to be built until next summer (lift spotter...lol)-

bottom station (right next to the Maulerhubel Chairlift station)

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 2-09-08 21:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Me on the tyrolienne at the Jungfraujoch -

http://youtube.com/v/Mr6LSfx96G0
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Brookes wrote:

what day was that? I was up there boarding last weekish before zermatt, didnt see you on teh friedegg although I'm out of there by 2 most days.

Bit lost arent you there? Must look strange seeing the north face for a change NehNeh
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stab wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:

what day was that? I was up there boarding last weekish before zermatt, didnt see you on teh friedegg although I'm out of there by 2 most days.

Bit lost arent you there? Must look strange seeing the north face for a change NehNeh

We were at the Jungfraujoch on Monday 25th
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
you're lucky it wasnt sunny then, it turns into a huge brawl up there on sunny days as the trains are full and queues go back at least an hour.
Could you see all the sand on the glacier or did the new snow cover it up, the glacier has been orange most of the summer, i saw in zermatt they had the same thing.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stab wrote:
you're lucky it wasnt sunny then, it turns into a huge brawl up there on sunny days as the trains are full and queues go back at least an hour.
Could you see all the sand on the glacier or did the new snow cover it up, the glacier has been orange most of the summer, i saw in zermatt they had the same thing.

Weather was crap up there which was a shame as i wanted a go on the Husky ride. We still managed to see the dogs as they were inside taking cover but the trainer who was keeping an eye on them didnt want us to touch them and was quiet rude.

ps. Do you know what has happened to the chap that keeps the www.wengen.com site going as the last latest news/picture update was back in June Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Brookes wrote:
We still managed to see the dogs as they were inside taking cover but the trainer who was keeping an eye on them didnt want us to touch them and was quiet rude.

ps. Do you know what has happened to the chap that keeps the www.wengen.com site going as the last latest news/picture update was back in June Puzzled

Laughing Coming to the end of season I guess, everyone is a bit flappy this time of year.

wengen.com guy is busy, still here though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes wrote:
stab wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:

We were at the Jungfraujoch on Monday 25th

What a cool photo.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chris Brookes, that north face photo is amazing.
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, One for next year's Snowheads Calendar I think! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Whitegold, Swirly and Alastair Pink

Thankyou and i have now put it forward for the next Snowheads Calendar...fingers x

ps...i miss looking at the moutains in the morning while walking down to the Coop to buy croissants

snow report
Hi guys - My wife and I are looking for accommodation in Wengen from December 2008 through to February 2009. We live in New Zealand and are not really sure how to go about finding accommodation for a long period like this so any suggestions or pointers that anyone has would be greatly appreciated. We are very flexible on what type of accommodation we get - but we would rather find some cheaper options. We are wanting to spend the winter skiing in the Wengen area so any advice on ski passes and other usefull information would be great. Many thanks Mark.
snow conditions
wengen is closed this winter, please tell as many people as you can, thank you wink

Good luck with accommodation for that period, try chalet service. www.chalet-service(dot)ch but it will probably be really expensive. best option is rent somewhere but there's bug all here that I know of, but then I wouldnt really be the person to know about that.
snow report
markjj wrote:
Hi guys - My wife and I are looking for accommodation in Wengen from December 2008 through to February 2009. We live in New Zealand and are not really sure how to go about finding accommodation for a long period like this so any suggestions or pointers that anyone has would be greatly appreciated. We are very flexible on what type of accommodation we get - but we would rather find some cheaper options. We are wanting to spend the winter skiing in the Wengen area so any advice on ski passes and other usefull information would be great. Many thanks Mark.

I hope you find some accommodation as the Jungfrau Region is an amazing area ( Murren more so ...lol)
snow report
stab, Mr fountain of no knowledge....do you know what they are building near to the Mannlichen top station ?
snow conditions
markjj, Welome to Snowheads snowHead !

I note you say that you want to ski the Wengen area. In that case have you considered staying in the valley in Lauterbrunnen? Accomodation there will be cheaper than either Wengen (or Murren), but both resorts are easily reached from there.
ski holidays
ps....welcome also to Snowheads snowHead
ski holidays
Chris Brookes wrote:
stab, Mr fountain of no knowledge....do you know what they are building near to the Mannlichen top station ?

Don't know and don't care, havent been to mannlichen since april 13th. I havent renewed my resident permit thing this season so I would have to pay full price to go up there, so I won't be going up till it decides to snow.

If you want I'll guess what it is, can you see it on the webcams?
snow report
No you cant see it from the webcam
latest report
well hopefully it's not more snow cannon nonsense, they seem determined to have every square inch covered by fake snow this winter Sad
ski holidays
Its a building of some sort and its been built close to the edge, o well

Just watched Love Guru...lmao if you like his sense of humour
latest report
I watched dont mess with the zoohan last night, now that was funny.

Quote:

Its a building of some sort and its been built close to the edge, o well

ah, that's my private lift.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
/bashes bishop furiously

damn, it's gone now
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast.asp?resortID=73
ski holidays
stab, Mannlichenbahn is very much convinced they want more cannons before replacing the bloody slow thing from downtown Grund.

The good thing: Cannons don't hurt the offpiste Wink
ski holidays
Ronald wrote:
stab, Mannlichenbahn is very much convinced they want more cannons before replacing the bloody slow thing from downtown Grund.

nooooooooo not the 2 spliff lift, that thing is legendary Sad
latest report
Ronald, stab, I was one of the first passengers on that lift when it opened, getting on at Holenstein there were about 2 Gondola loads in front of me when they unlocked the doors to let us in snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
Hi guys - thanks for the info. To be honest - I have not been to Wengen yet. I just passed through on the train on our way up to the Jungfraujoch last summer. When we passed through I said that I would love to come back one winter as the place must be incredible in the winter. It looks like I am able to take 3 months off this winter - so I really want to try and make the dream come true. From what I am hearing it sounds like I will be lucky to find anywhere to stay - so yes I am keen to look at other options near by like Lauterbrunnen etc. I guess I have left things a bit late for this winter.

How does the ski pass work - if I get a Season Jungfrau Sportpass does that allow me to get around everywhere on the trains also - would it get me to Interlaken for example. Or do I also need to buy train tickets as well to get around? Does it cover all of the ski lifts / gondolas / cable cars etc in the Jungfrau area?

Please let me know if you hear of any news in the accommodation area - my lady would be pretty good at chopping firewood and shoveling snow etc if need be – it is a shame about her cooking skills though.
snow report
markjj, The Season Pass, will cover you from Interlaken Ost station on the trains up as far as Eigergletscher (just before you enter the tunnel up to Jungfraujoch), effectively it covers you for all the lifts, trains cablecars and so on from Murren, Wengen and Grindelwald

As for accomodation it might well be worth you contacting the Wengen Tourist office to see if they can help, there's plenty of retal accomodation in Wengen but for a long let you may have to be prepared to walk further out of the center of the village, the plus side is that long term lets work out cheaper
snow report
FL starting to drop for the time of year, might start seeing a bit of snow via the Schilthorn webcam from saturday.... snowHead
snow conditions
Chris Brookes wrote:

I was told it will be a new cowshed!
latest report
angel, not impossible but unlikely, most of the mountain cowsheds are built lower down, arround the gondola middle station level.
snow report
A new summer storage area for all the snow cannon???
latest report
A bar Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Someone must know....

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 9-09-08 22:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy