Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Ronald wrote:
D G Orf wrote:
Chris Brookes,
Quote:

I think the reason they havent down this before is due to the land owners .

You may well be right, I know that this is the reason that The Arven and Lauberhorn chairs are just far enough apart to make going from one to the other a pain

Its intense fun!

Take the Arven 16:28 and then manage to get a seat on the Lauberhorn Twisted Evil

sounds great, I bet the lift guys appreciate that almost as much as I do when dick heads come in the shop an hour after closing and tell you they thought they would beat the rush in the morning by coming now. What about my rush? My rush to get the hell out of there and maybe go eat/have a life. Mad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
[quote="stab"][quote="Ronald"][quote="D G Orf"]Chris Brookes,
Quote:

sounds great, I bet the lift guys appreciate that almost as much as I do when dick heads come in the shop an hour after closing and tell you they thought they would beat the rush in the morning by coming now. What about my rush? My rush to get the hell out of there and maybe go eat/have a life. Mad

Cover on gate = don't even ask - pole-to-wixi.
Cover not on gate = going-up-sir.

Its up to the lifties to close on time, I never bugged a lifty to pllllease let me on.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf wrote:
Ronald, ah but you're fitter than I my friend, my best was top of Wixi to Brandegg in 12.5 Minutes, I didn't think that was too bad as I had to negotiate the crowds at Kl Scheidegg in the middle

I have no clue what I do there, but it doesn't sound bad at all.

Regardless, i'm still looking forward to a bit of a ski with you Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ronald, I'd enjoy that, perhaps this year (or next season) I might actually manage it wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
haha. looks like I was p/ssed off yesterday, I fell off my mountain board and was grumpy all night.

I'm off to this later
http://www.outdoorgames.org/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stab, Looks like fun, have a good time
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
New webcam pointing towards Wilderswil/Lauterbrunnen me thinks -

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Brookes, looks like it might be from the top of the Harder Kulm, but I'm not quite sure, I'd have thought that the view would be a little more off to the left, however it would make sense as the Jungfraubahn has a tie in with the little funicular that goes up there
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
epic sunset shizzle going on tonight with a bit of camera jiggery pokery.
http://i37.tinypic.com/2zea6bt.jpg
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stab wrote:

me likes it wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stab wrote:

Do you have any decent pics of Murren from Wengen or higher ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris Brookes, you can't really see Murren from Wengen except at night as there is a small ridgeline in the way, you get a nice view of Murren from just above Wengeneralp though
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf wrote:
Chris Brookes, you can't really see Murren from Wengen except at night as there is a small ridgeline in the way, you get a nice view of Murren from just above Wengeneralp though

from my gaff you can just about make it out.

Quote:

probably, I'll have a butchers later.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf wrote:
Chris Brookes, looks like it might be from the top of the Harder Kulm, but I'm not quite sure, I'd have thought that the view would be a little more off to the left, however it would make sense as the Jungfraubahn has a tie in with the little funicular that goes up there

Its definetly from the Harder Kulm. Pointed about SSE direction.

You can just about make out the "High Nose" (As the BASE Jumpers call it) in the distance on the Murren side of the Valley

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=harder+kulm,+ch&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=31.564064,62.929687&ie=UTF8&ll=46.661454,7.89814&spn=0.095428,0.205135&t=h&z=13
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stab wrote:
D G Orf wrote:

from my gaff you can just about make it out.

Quote:

probably, I'll have a butchers later.

pretty please !
snow report
still didnt look but I had a great zermat experience last week.
Like some dumb stoner I bought tickets to somewhere I didnt want to go and only realised halfway there, got off the bubble gondola thing and went to get my money back, got told to do one in german by the ticket "lady". I would never let that go in my own neck of the woods nevermind zermatt so I bounced into the tourist office, bitched for a while, filled out a complaint form, came back to wengen and 2 days later got an email promising my money back and how can they kiss my ass to make me return to the sunny matterhorn village of zermatt.

Now that just wouldnt happen here, another notch for zermatt there.

oh yeah, the skiing was closed as well Laughing
snow report
stab, so....have you heard any gossip about Wengen that you would like to dish ?
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, yep, skiing is set to be banned for winter 08/09, snowboards are going to be 95% reduced and there will be a snow park every 500 metres down the race track.
Also there's a locals only month for february, only local season ski passes are valid for that month and anyone caught without a local season pass is eligible to be shot.
Lauberhorn race is also going to have a paintball section down the fast part with the speed camera, some great prizes are on offer from the jungfraubahn depending on which skier you take out, I believe a head shot to bode miller is the top prize, rumoured to be a one way ticket to syringe plate.
And the dutch are banned.
snow report
stab, thats some gossip ! Laughing
snow report
August the 1st in teh wengen, so happy at times like this I live nowhere near town Very Happy
snow report
stab, what are they celebrating?
snow report
it's swiss national day, a bit like bonfire night but without burning catholics.
snow conditions
Stab, have you done any paragliding in the area ?
snow report
no mate but I have just agreed to do a sky dive with my mate, brown pants all round I think.
ski holidays
Ive done a 13,000 ski dive with a 30 second freefall already here in Jersey which was amazing but want a go at paragliding from the Schilthorn to Stechelberg.
ski holidays
you'll be lucky, the schilthorn fell down yesterday.

Aren't you here soon?
latest report
2 weeks time
snow conditions
Quote:

Ive done a 13,000 ski dive with a 30 second freefall already here in Jersey

I didn't know that Jersy had a 13,000 ft mountain to ski on, I assume a ski dive also involves rubber suits and air tanks as well as the usual ski equipment ? Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf wrote:
Quote:

Ive done a 13,000 ski dive with a 30 second freefall already here in Jersey

I didn't know that Jersy had a 13,000 ft mountain to ski on, I assume a ski dive also involves rubber suits and air tanks as well as the usual ski equipment ? Laughing Laughing Laughing

if only i could spell Laughing Laughing

ps. Jersey is spelt with two e's in it wink Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

ps. Jersey is spelt with two e's in it

I knew that, but I didn't know it had mountains wink Laughing
latest report
stab, Are they building a ski path into the village at the mo ?
snow report
dunno, they are digging everything up lately to lay pipes down for the cannons. They moved the entry to wengen as well ages ago, goes through a new tunnel now. Doesnt bother me, I dont live in the village Smile
ski holidays
Fallboden: http://tinyurl.com/fallbodenrenovation

Swissgerman is a pain in the *bleep* to understand still....

What is being said in the report:

They are putting higher rims on the rollers to give a higher degree of protection against deroping.
20 or so new wind measuring devices, which now can also measure direction.

The jungfraubahn still takes the issue very seriously, implementing stronger savity changes then they are required to to keep the license to operate the lift.

It will run again coming season (obviously)
ski holidays
And the new tunnel under the railway:

See bottom of this page:
http://www.jacomet.ch/themen/skilift/album/thumbnails.php?album=200

The guy running the photopage questions: How about the uphill towards Figeller? There's a lot of building going on... Will there be a ropetow?
ski holidays
Ronald, I wonder if perhaps they may put in a conveyer belt lift, the angle isn't very steep and it's probably better for beginners than a rope tow
snow report
http://www.jacomet.ch/themen/skilift/album/displayimage.php?album=200&pos=36

that's just construction for sina's apartments, she decided to build a 2nd one. No ski lift going there.
ski holidays
Q: Do any of you know if the trains have power points to plug in a laptop from Geneva to Lauterbrunnen (1st or 2nd class)?
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, If you get on the non-tilting train Geneva-Berne there is a powerpoint at the end of each carriage. Whether you manage to get that particular seat is, clearly a different question.
snow report
Chris Brookes, I think 1st class may have points I seem to recall there being one in a compartment a couple of years back but I'm not certain
snow conditions
D G Orf, Didn't figgeler's normal lift use to be a conveyer, and wasn't this not much of a succes?

The backside isn't that much more flat... and beginners tend to be very very slow getting off conveyers resulting in piles of people whom stab can use as a kicker Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy