Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
stab, You could have a go on the Via Ferrata route which opens in Murren on the 20th June.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I intend to have a go at paragliding from the Schilthorn this time,when we last visited back in 05 the weather wasn't that good so it couldnt be done.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anyone got any idea whether Flybe are doing their Birmingham to Berne flights for next season? I've had a quick look around their site and can't find any mention...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
AdrianV wrote:
Anyone got any idea whether Flybe are doing their Birmingham to Berne flights for next season? I've had a quick look around their site and can't find any mention...

Looking at the Inghams Earlybird brochure it states they are doing it again and the flight departs at 07.30 every sat in the winter season

The winter timetable should be out at the end of June (last year it was the 3rd July 07)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris Brookes wrote:
AdrianV wrote:

Looking at the Inghams Earlybird brochure it states they are doing it again and the flight departs at 07.30 every sat in the winter season

The winter timetable should be out at the end of June (last year it was the 3rd July 07)

Chris - got it - much obliged!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Good article in the Gardian with a good picture of the view from the Mürren via ferrata (looking forward to walking that in the summer)

http://www.guardian.co.uk:80/travel/2008/jun/14/lakesandmountains.europe
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Base jumping off Murren down to Lauterbrunnen looks fun

http://youtube.com/v/RldyNrOGRmM
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Brookes, about 8 years ago someone base jumped there and either their chute failed or became twisted, something equally disasterous occured, unfortunately they fell to their death, to make matters worse they had an open mike and screamed all the way down Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
D G Orf, IIRC 2 people died on the one jump (may be the one you were referring to). One had a failed chute and the other was blown back into the cliff. Either way, I don't think I'll be trying it!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Elizabeth B, Don't know, it might be the same incident but I thought only one person had died that day Confused
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It looks lovely there today looking via the webcams.....cant wait till August !

http://www.jungfraubahn.ch/en/DesktopDefault.aspx/tabid-138/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris Brookes wrote:
It looks lovely there today looking via the webcams.....cant wait till August !

http://www.jungfraubahn.ch/en/DesktopDefault.aspx/tabid-138/

It's hot as hell at the moment after a month of rain. I was boarding on the jungfraujoch today in shorts and t shirt, bit sun burnt now though. Eh oh!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab wrote:

I was boarding on the jungfraujoch today in shorts and t shirt, bit sun burnt now though. Eh oh!

Thats one way of clearing the piste up there Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just got back from a really sunny week there. No sign of stab, so I guess he must have been up high all week?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Elizabeth B wrote:
Just got back from a really sunny week there. No sign of stab, so I guess he must have been up high all week?

what did you get upto ?
snow report
A few walks. I wanted to do the Faulhorn but the path was closed due to too much snow. They'd opened the Eiger trail so did that. Went for a sail on Brienzsee, Brandegg for apple fritters and Winteregg for breakfast. Also managed a day trip to Zermatt through the new tunnel.
latest report
Elizabeth B wrote:
A few walks. I wanted to do the Faulhorn but the path was closed due to too much snow. They'd opened the Eiger trail so did that. Went for a sail on Brienzsee, Brandegg for apple fritters and Winteregg for breakfast. Also managed a day trip to Zermatt through the new tunnel.

I never been to Zermatt, is it worth the trip and how long did it take you from Lauterbrunnen ?
latest report
Zermatt is stunning on a clear day. I'd only ever been in the winter, so it was nice to go and see it when the fields were green, although I did notice people with ski gear and feel a little bit jealous.

From Lauterbrunnen, the journey is 2h 41 mins each way. Other than the bit in the tunnel, it's a pretty spectacular journey. We set off at about 8.30 and arrived back in Interlaken at about 6. Obviously it would have been nice to have had longer, but it was enough time to get a flavour of the village, and go up on one of the lifts.
snow conditions
Elizabeth B wrote:

working Sad I'm locked away in the day time now photoshopping mountains.
ski holidays
Chris Brookes wrote:
I never been to Zermatt, is it worth the trip and how long did it take you from Lauterbrunnen ?

you wouldnt like it, it has more than one bar NehNeh
I do it by car in 2 hours lauterbrunnen parkhaus to zermatt providing I dont miss the kandersteg train tunnel thingamijig
latest report
stab wrote:
Elizabeth B wrote:

Can you visit the highest point in the summer 3800m me thinks but dont know what its called Puzzled

anyone with a sensible answer ...PLEASE !

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 30-06-08 23:07; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Chris Brookes, ......the top ? Laughing
snow report
Chris Brookes wrote:
stab wrote:
Elizabeth B wrote:

Can you visit the highest point in the summer 3800m me thinks but dont know what its called Puzzled

the klein matterhorn? Yeah of course, you can also get a t bar up to 4000ish and ski right back to trockner steg all summer every summer, except the muddy walk of death at the end but they have boot jet washers at the end Very Happy
latest report
stab, Sad I thought you may have wangled the summer off as you worked hard all winter wink
snow report
Flybe Winter 2009 flights....just released !!
ski holidays
Elizabeth B wrote:
stab, Sad I thought you may have wangled the summer off as you worked hard all winter wink

believe me I tried, seems I now work summer and winter, which somehow doesnt seem right Sad
ski holidays
Good news for the Murren Fans!

http://www.jungfrau-zeitung.ch/artikel/?cq_*22d92f30=ivxPU=87987zjm
Link above broken, cannot seem to link it properly Puzzled

Translation of the interesting bits, with warrenty not crossing my doorstep Toofy Grin

Schilthornbahn will replace the Winteregg with a detachable 4 seater.
And they'll build an entirely new lift from the Maulerhubel bottom station up to the Allmendhubel.
snow report
oooo. About time. When is this likely to happen? I presume next summer in time for 2009/10
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ronald wrote:
Good news for the Murren Fans!

http://www.jungfrau-zeitung.ch/artikel/?cq_*22d92f30=ivxPU=87987zjm
Link above broken, cannot seem to link it properly Puzzled

what no more risking breaking your ribs getting off the lift, doesn't sound like much fun that.
latest report
Ronald, good find !!

OMG !!.....thats excellent news as the Winteregg chair is so bloody slow and its a pain to ski back to Murren to get to the Schiltgrat area.

The only thing from what i read is that its only at the planning stage at the moment so it could be a while Sad

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 2-07-08 21:01; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Elizabeth B wrote:
oooo. About time. When is this likely to happen? I presume next summer in time for 2009/10

The article lists a lot more Murren history then timeframe Wink

stab, I never had the feeling i was about to crack my ribs getting off Winteregg... Must be snowboard specific Wink

Chris Brookes, It helps to be able to read a bit of German. Got this from alpinforum.com which had a link to the Jungfrau Zeitung
latest report
Why don't they change the Gimmeln T-Bar lift ??

Ronald, just looking at that forum site now...another good find
ski holidays
I guess they see the Winteregg lift as a higher priority. For those coming from outside Murren, it's where most will enter the lift system, hence making the place more attractive.
snow report
Elizabeth B wrote:
I guess they see the Winteregg lift as a higher priority. For those coming from outside Murren, it's where most will enter the lift system, hence making the place more attractive.

true but just a shame
latest report
Chris Brookes, cus that t-bar is nearly twice as fast as the Winteregg/Muttleren/Kandahar chairlifts Smile?

I'd quite like to see Gimmeln start down in Gimmelwald Toofy Grin
Currently it barely adds something to the Schiltgrat, starting in Gimmelwald takes stress off Schilthornbahn in the morning AND adds nice skiable area Smile
snow report
true..again

The last few years they have widened the forest area going down the freeride to Gimmelwald so maybe the next stage would be changing Gimmeln T-Bar to a 4 detachable chairlift and starting it in Gimmelwald. I think the reason they havent down this before is due to the land owners .
snow report
Chris Brookes,
Quote:

I think the reason they havent down this before is due to the land owners .

You may well be right, I know that this is the reason that The Arven and Lauberhorn chairs are just far enough apart to make going from one to the other a pain
snow report
D G Orf wrote:
Chris Brookes,
Quote:

I think the reason they havent down this before is due to the land owners .

You may well be right, I know that this is the reason that The Arven and Lauberhorn chairs are just far enough apart to make going from one to the other a pain

Its intense fun!

Take the Arven 16:28 and then manage to get a seat on the Lauberhorn Twisted Evil
snow report
Ronald, ah but you're fitter than I my friend, my best was top of Wixi to Brandegg in 12.5 Minutes, I didn't think that was too bad as I had to negotiate the crowds at Kl Scheidegg in the middle
ski holidays
Elizabeth B wrote:
Brandegg for apple fritters and Winteregg for breakfast

Do come on here with your problems ! Laughing

No jealousy here...............
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy