Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Do then not still run the cable car/gondola? Mind you, I bet all the fences go up tomorrow!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nah, doesn't matter if the pope wants to go ski, they don't stay open. Drives me nuts. At least last year it was almost dead when they closed it, this year it's insanely good right until the end Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stab, your former employer has some nice AT gear Very Happy
You don't need lifts... if I were in Wengen now i'd scream and kick and get myself AT gear and rip!

2 years ago they extended an extra week, and i doubt it was as good as it is now. Silly people at the jungfraubahnen....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ronald, at least lauberhon is still open so I can still get the backside of lauberhorn in and it's still possible to get to the hirschen hotel if you don't mind jumping the road at the brunner. I'm not shy of a hike but in november or may I can understand it, middle of april is not hiking time Sad

This is yesterday, does that seriously look like it needed to close? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stab wrote:

I'd hike for that... shouldn't be that hard even from Scheidegg over the Panoramaweg....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ronald, in the days when my father started to ski there there was no Mannlichen cable car and you did have to walk from Scheidegg, they used to walk over as a ski school group, have a glass of wine or beer and a picnic at the top and then ski down, no pistes either in those days Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no pistes where I've been today either wink
April 14th and I can still get to my front door, awesome.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
D G Orf wrote:
Ronald, in the days when my father started to ski there there was no Mannlichen cable car and you did have to walk from Scheidegg, they used to walk over as a ski school group, have a glass of wine or beer and a picnic at the top and then ski down, no pistes either in those days Shocked

I've been thinking about this since I went to town and back. I bet it's still possible to get down to grund from mannlichen, I did it just last week and got right to the mannlichen gondola thing with a bit of concrete riding. Did they used to walk the path along the top under the tschuggen? I know at the moment there's a ton of snow over that path but going down gummi and staying high to the left side you would get at least part of the way up to lager before walking. Failing that I know the lower hiking path has a lot less snow on it/ is safer.
Hmm. [rubs chin and ponders.]

[/finishes rubbing chin and pondering]

Schilthorn - closed kanonenrohr down to murren sounds easier and more fun.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab wrote:
D G Orf wrote:

I've been thinking about this since I went to town and back. I bet it's still possible to get down to grund from mannlichen, I did it just last week and got right to the mannlichen gondola thing with a bit of concrete riding. Did they used to walk the path along the top under the tschuggen? I know at the moment there's a ton of snow over that path but going down gummi and staying high to the left side you would get at least part of the way up to lager before walking. Failing that I know the lower hiking path has a lot less snow on it/ is safer.
Hmm. [rubs chin and ponders.]

[/finishes rubbing chin and pondering]

Schilthorn - closed kanonenrohr down to murren sounds easier and more fun.

and still possible to ski back to Murren for the mo !
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris Brookes wrote:

Not that exceptional, is it Wink?

Mannlichen - Grund is exceptional mid april.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ronald wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:

Not that exceptional, is it Wink?

Mannlichen - Grund is exceptional mid april.

before it starts above and around the gunbarrel.....Avalanche wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
they only close that to stop tourists taking pictures in the wrong place. I lost count of the number of times I've gone down a closed kanonenrohr only to look back up and see a family has followed me down, stopping mid way to do whatever skiers do mid way down a piste.
I'm waiting for a break in the weather to get over the murren side, at the moment it's lauberhorn to allmend and train back up for me all day.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab wrote:
...at the moment it's lauberhorn to allmend and train back up for me all day.

I can think of worse ways to spend a day. How are you getting on with the split board & touring plan?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FenlandSkier wrote:
stab wrote:
...at the moment it's lauberhorn to allmend and train back up for me all day.

I can think of worse ways to spend a day. How are you getting on with the split board & touring plan?

hahaha Laughing I gave up. everyone keeps telling me that (a) touring alone is bad and if I do hear of a tour I get (b) you're not bringing that bloody snowboard with you. Lots of hatorade being drunk I think.

I've refocused, surf trip in 2 weeks for 10 days, then 2 weeks work then zermatt for a few days.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chris Brookes wrote:

not only is it still possible it's really good and still open to do so. Really really good snow up at schilthorn today, not so good rocks though. One scraped arm, an ass that feels like i've been raped by an ape and a broken board, still it's not all negatives, the curly fries are still awesome.
ski holidays
stab wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:

not only is it still possible it's really good and still open to do so. Really really good snow up at schilthorn today, not so good rocks though. One scraped arm, an ass that feels like i've been raped by an ape and a broken board, still it's not all negatives, the curly fries are still awesome.

glad you had a good time Confused
latest report
Chris Brookes wrote:

I've never been over there with such good snow, sure I've been when it's been good but not real good. Just a shame about the injuries/board but I dont really care that much about it, only 4 days left so nothing to cry about, I can soldier on until sunday Skullie
I did take my proper camera but the battery was flat when I got there, the phone doesnt really do it justice.

Today I realised how well I know my side's off piste and how badly I know the murren side. Sad
latest report
stab wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:

I've never been over there with such good snow, sure I've been when it's been good but not real good. Just a shame about the injuries/board but I dont really care that much about it, only 4 days left so nothing to cry about, I can soldier on until sunday Skullie
I did take my proper camera but the battery was flat when I got there, the phone doesnt really do it justice.

Today I realised how well I know my side's off piste and how badly I know the murren side. Sad

Is that actually enough snow piled up to get off the cliff under the riggli without jumping?

One thing for sure... there is a rediculous amount of snow...
ski holidays
Ronald, yeah that looked just about do able. I saw some guys today dropping off cliffs that I would class as base jumping, insane.
snow report
Lovely !!
ski holidays
This is all very depressing Shock((
ski holidays
well that's the end of that then Crying or Very sad

latest report
Well, im now looking forward to the summer as i will be there in August !
latest report
stab, is the Mystery Park still around in Interlaken or has it closed down now ??
snow report
Chris Brookes, dunno mate, I´m in lanzarote at the moment getting robbed. Filthy peasants Sad
ski holidays
Did you know some of the snow scenes from the Golden Compass with Daniel Craig where filmed above Grindelwald in May 2007 !!

http://www.bohag.ch/sites/e/200041.asp?aNW=13
latest report
The Mysterypark in Interlaken will open again this year under a new name,new ownership and new attractions ...lets hope it works this time round

http://www.beo-news.ch/abns%202008/Mai%202008/mypneu07.htm
ski holidays
http://griwa.com/index.php?Grindelwald_for_excellence

Statt einem 4-er wird 2009 ein 6-er Eigernordwand-Sessellift gebaut.

Do I need to translate that Wink?
It claims the salzegg replacement will be a 6 man instead of 4...

Also "First building more snowmaking..."
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

Is that the southfacing sunbaked Schreckfeld a full month after closing up?
ski holidays
woot woot i'm back in teh wengen on tuesday, peanut butter kicker time by the looks of it providing my new injuries get better by then Very Happy
ski holidays
11th November 2007 - 1st descent

15th May 2008 - Last descent

If that doesn't justify it as MY mountain then I don't know what does.
snow report
22nd June (Liz's mum and dad arrive) - 1st descent of the summer season Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:
Interlaken (AWP) - According to the Jungfraubahn, the sale of ski passes increased by 22.5% to CHF 19.6 million between January and April 2008. On May 15, 148,150 visitors were registered, it is 3.5% more than in 2007, record year, said the railway company ..

http://www.romandie.com/infos/news/200805190800030AWPCH.asp
snow conditions
kerekip wrote:
Quote:
Interlaken (AWP) - According to the Jungfraubahn, the sale of ski passes increased by 22.5% to CHF 19.6 million between January and April 2008. On May 15, 148,150 visitors were registered, it is 3.5% more than in 2007, record year, said the railway company ..

and it still sucks here. No decent park and nothing to do in the summer except watch the old people hike. They make 19.6 gazillion and still shut lifts down due to low numbers through them, it all sucks. I said it before and I'll say it again, zermatt rocks.
ski holidays
stab wrote:

Now see how much is left on the 1st of June Wink
latest report
Ronald wrote:
stab wrote:

Now see how much is left on the 1st of June Wink

too late mate, I just about got the last run in there, not possible to make it down now. Salzegg still looks good but I can't be assed to walk up there.
latest report
stab,
Quote:

and it still sucks here. No decent park and nothing to do in the summer except watch the old people hike. They make 19.6 gazillion and still shut lifts down due to low numbers through them, it all sucks. I said it before and I'll say it again, zermatt rocks.

And that's the trouble with the Swiss, they're very good at doing things but not many come up with original ideas, hell I doubt they'd have had a ski industry if it weren't for the British, the classic Swiss attitude seems to be "This is the way we've always done things, so this ios how we will carry on doing them"

Don't get me wrong I like the Swiss and Switzerland but sometimes they need a bit of prompting with a sharp stick in order to get things done
snow conditions
stab wrote:
kerekip wrote:
Quote:

What the.... ****

2007 was a record year despite the crap winter?
ski holidays
[quote="stab"][quote="kerekip"]
Quote:

Not all people that hike are old....we are there in August !! snowHead
snow report
[quote="Chris Brookes"][quote="stab"]
kerekip wrote:
Quote:

Not all people that hike are old....we are there in August !! snowHead

it's gonna rain, always does in august NehNeh
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy