Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
carled wrote:
Maybe Murren tomorrow...

it shouldn't be a maybe .....it should be a positive yes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
carled wrote:
Weirdly enough... so am I... I'm now haunting stab on an almost daily basis. My group was actually on the cable car when it broke down... great fun that was.

Hasn't stopped snowing all day high up and is now sleeting in Wengen. Off to Crystal bar for a mineral water or two. Maybe Murren tomorrow...

We went up with Ronald at 08:30 before the lift broke and found one piste with a foot of powder. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

We've also bumped into stab at work and play.

so where are you carled?[/b]
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
POWDER ALERT....!!!

SF.com stating good falls of snow from Thursday onwards with excellent an excellent low low FL....

Stab...hope you are off work
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice day today, but beginning to cloud over. Much colder.

snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
telford_mike, looks excellent, what's the snow like in the village at the mo ? Can you ski back to Wengen, is it possible to ski all the way to the cable car ?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Let's say I was to get the 06:59 train to Kleine Scheidegg. Will there be enough light to ski back (end of March)? Are the pistes open at that time or fenced off until a certain time? I would've though these trains are more for the pisteurs and lifties rather than us skiers ? It won't be a regular occurance, more than likely just do it the once for the hell of it but ever so curious to know if this is possible:

Up on the 06:59, back in time for the 07:59 for another blast, then back in time for breakfast !
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
masmith, don't stop at KS....get the train up to Eigergletcher.....you get a longer ski back then! Just make sure you ski back via KS not Wixi, otherwise it may be a long wait for the chair to start.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Elizabeth B, so it's possible then? Wow! Think I'll check out the route before hand - thans for the info.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
certain spots are insanely good today but I'm damned if I'm posting where on the internet.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stab, too right, keep it to yourself.

now ... where did you say you worked and what type of doughnuts do you want ?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bloody Tschuggen lift broke down today. Had to ski to Grumbleweed. Mind you, good lunch at Aspen Blush Snow is great pretty much everywhere Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
masmith wrote:
telford_mike, looks excellent, what's the snow like in the village at the mo ? Can you ski back to Wengen, is it possible to ski all the way to the cable car ?

There's no snow in the village, but you can still ski all the way back to the Hirschen (5 mins from the cable car) no problem at all. However, watch this space cos tomorow could be a completely different story - mega-snowfall predicted. Skied down to 1000 metres on the 'other side' today - no worries Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nothing yet on the cam....but its coming Little Angel
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Its here !!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dammit... what can possibly be worse than leaving a ski resort with several inches of fresh powdery snow lying around...? It's absolutely thraipsing it down with snow. Still... we had a pretty good week of snow all things considered... could have done with better visibility at times! Nice area though.
ski holidays
carled wrote:
Dammit... what can possibly be worse than leaving a ski resort with several inches of fresh powdery snow lying around...?

leaving a ski resort with a dead snowboard wink

Cheers for the cakes mate, my missus loved them.
latest report
Bonkers snowfall happening Very Happy
snow conditions
telford_mike wrote:
Bonkers snowfall happening Very Happy

innit, I just had to dig my way out to go for a smoke.
Did I mention I only have 8 days left until I officially finish working my winter, WOOT WOOT Cool Eh oh! Blue Big Wink Toofy Grin
latest report
I love it when it snows down to the valley floor as it means it was a good dump !!......wish i was there Sad

http://www.stechelberg.ch/cam/cam.htm
snow conditions
I propose to introduce a rule...

Mad snow will come to Wengen just after Ronald leaves town after he has been there for 6+ weeks.
ski holidays
Commercial for the European Football Championship 2008 filmed in Murren !!

http://www.myswitzerland.com/video/index.cfm?id=1667
ski holidays
seems I work with a bunch of comedians.
ski holidays
Almost 5000 replies to this thread. Amazing.. Takes a while to read the whole story Smile
ski holidays
Well, 96 people out, and 96 back, one suspected broken thumb and a strained back.
Wengen 22nd - 29th March, best snow conditions ever, woke up on the 25th with 8 inches of snow in Lauterbrunnen.

Reason for the post, has anyone ever stayed at the Falken Hotel in Wengen? What was it like?
latest report
escmatters, my dear old Mum stayed there first in 1954, even then it was regarded as "quaint" wink However everyone I've spoken to who has stayed there has said pretty much the same thing, despite it being very old fashioned and somewhat out of date it's a nice place to stay
snow report
escmatters, any pics, would love to see Lauterbrunnen pics after a decent dump Puzzled
snow conditions
How accurate do you reckon that speed gun is on the bottom section of black 45 ?
The first time I did it was from a standing start, set off into a tuck, no great push, and got a respectable speed but not as fast as I had hoped for. So the second time I skied onto the course, gave a good push and pole, got into a better tuck, but was slower ! doh! then ran out of time and had to come home.

The second run definitely 'felt' faster. The only thing I can put it down to was softer/slower snow as the two attempts were about 2 hours apart and it was a sunny day.
snow conditions
Lauterbrunnen with snow (hopefully as I have never posted an image before)

These were taken in 2004, I have not had chance to load up 2008 yet.

Other images from the Wengen trips and Sharks ski club at
http://www.sharks.org.uk/Photos.html
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
escmatters, maybe you could resize your pics before posting (makes it a damn sight easier to view, noto to mention the speed etc. ? You can download a good free tool to do this, try PixResizer
ski holidays
Apologies

As I said it is the first time I have posted an image

It is only 368k
snow conditions
escmatters, you;re doing better than me already as I'm still getting round to posting my images, no need to apologise, I was only saying as I found it difficult to view
ski holidays
Don't worry escmatters, I've fixed it Very Happy I've used the thumbnail image off your site to link to tthe fullsize one, the code is:
Code:
[url=http://www.sharks.org.uk/Photos/wengen2004/DSCF0054.JPG][img]http://www.sharks.org.uk/Photos/wengen2004/tn_DSCF0055_JPG.jpg[/img][/url]
ski holidays
masmith wrote:
How accurate do you reckon that speed gun is on the bottom section of black 45 ?
The first time I did it was from a standing start, set off into a tuck, no great push, and got a respectable speed but not as fast as I had hoped for. So the second time I skied onto the course, gave a good push and pole, got into a better tuck, but was slower ! doh! then ran out of time and had to come home.

The second run definitely 'felt' faster. The only thing I can put it down to was softer/slower snow as the two attempts were about 2 hours apart and it was a sunny day.

I didn't find out how accurate it is as when I did it, it was extremely fast until I hit a series of bumps as it levelled out and crashed spectacularly. My son said it looked just like on the telly when the down-hillers crash. Sad Luckily I survived Madeye-Smiley , my camera didn't. Sad
snow conditions
geepee, thank god I didn't bomb out, had a new HD camcorder strapped to my helmet (will try and post the footage some time soon). Wish I'd have found the run earlier in the week.
ski holidays
escmatters, ta for that
latest report
masmith wrote:
geepee, thank god I didn't bomb out, had a new HD camcorder strapped to my helmet (will try and post the footage some time soon). Wish I'd have found the run earlier in the week.

I wish I hadn't found it at all. Shocked
snow report
Fenland Skier - many thanks
ski holidays
Okay.... I'm gonna be VERY DAMN JALOUS on stab if the forecast comes true....
latest report
Ronald, mate I've had some insane days lately, just insane. Friday was THE day of the season, or maybe it was thursday I don't know, anyway it was insane. The snow depths are great, gets a bit sticky in the afternoons but anything north facing (tschuggen chutes) are epic.
Been struggling with a smashed up neck after a fall since sunday but a combo of ibuprofen and some gel are just about getting me through.
And if anyone met me in the winter and I was poilte be thankful you didn't meet me now, I am without doubt the rudest most selfish person on the mountain, think of the most locals only surf break you can and that's my mind set at the moment.

Friday, my track on the left, what are skiers turning for? I don't see any rocks. Puzzled NehNeh
snow report
unbelievably they closed this today

I've never seen an end of mannlichen day with so much snow, today was up there as one of the best days of the season. Now it's bloody lauberhorn and schilthorn left open. Crying or Very sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy