Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
masmith wrote:
end of season sales in Wengen ... do they exist, what's the chances of the missus picking up a cheap pair of boots w/c 22/3 ?

ta

Pop down to Lauterbrunnen and visit Crystal Sport (turn left out of the station - about 150 metres walk). Always have some good deals at the end of the season.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stab wrote:
Ronald wrote:
stab, last year most of the skis were 30% off after the dutch holidays ended (so i expect to see 30% tags all over during the MSB)

Not sure about boots though, those are a bit less fashion item with new print every year NehNeh

skis Laughing
now you mention it I do remember some things being outside at 30% one spring, I think it was when I was on crutches so probably didn't pay that much attention.

You were too busy trying to build a quarterpipe at the postoffice last year I guess.

I bought my Stoeckli GS around the 7th of march last year, and they were clearly labeled 30% off and it was inside Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skibb wrote:
Met Stab in the dungeon. Not a dreadlock in sight. I'm not really sure he's really a boarder wink snowHead

the way this winter is going I'm not sure if I'm a boarder either, less than 60 days on the mountain so far I'm sure Sad

Tonight's dinner was awesome though Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stab wrote:
Tonight's dinner was awesome though Very Happy

Good link that - a quick way to look at the other pictures to the right - someone to share the awesome dinner with!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nice trifles
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Found out about tonights full-moon skiing on the Lauberhorn..... 15 minutes past the last train up....
Organised by Beni of the startbar.

Thursday another chance, hope the weather is clear, cus it will be canceled when its cloudy.
Who will be there Wink?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ronald, not me, I don't have anything to do with night time skiing due to being responsible for getting everyone down a few years back and ending up spending 2 hours looking for 2 girls and a sledge around wixi, eventually getting home at 3am. Evil or Very Mad Also I never board with drunk people day or night for the same reason, if they got themsleves into that mess it's not my problem to get them home.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab, fortunately i'm not going to be responsible for ANY drunk people nor for getting them off the mountain.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What are conditions like on the slopes now - no new snow, 2-3 weeks of busy skiing, and looking like a probability of rain at the end of next week - come on DG Orf, tell us some good news!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It again has been a strange season and a break from the norm
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
AdrianV, Slush and a bit brown on several well known places.

Poolrace down figeller!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AdrianV, I'd like to but...

Warm weather with rain mid week, possible very light snow and colder temps at the end of next week, however the following week looks like it might bring more snow to the area in time for the MSB
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's all about murren for me this season, less people, better snow, a park, ice creams, ding dong, race bindings, keep the riff raff out. The only downside is the chair lifts smack you in the back on the way off and fighting through the tourists at winteregg.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab wrote:
It's all about murren for me this season, less people, better snow, a park, ice creams, ding dong, race bindings, keep the riff raff out. The only downside is the chair lifts smack you in the back on the way off and fighting through the tourists at winteregg.

did i read tha above right.......a positve comment from you about Murren..... Laughing Laughing

ps...dont you love the speed of the winteregg chair
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi, first time to Wengen, and bringing my 'non skiing but might like to give it a try' wife, 5 year old and 16 year old, the five year old wants to know if he might be able to build a snowman in the village, can anyone oblige with an answer? in Wengen 2-9th March
latest report
davieg wrote:
Hi, first time to Wengen, and bringing my 'non skiing but might like to give it a try' wife, 5 year old and 16 year old, the five year old wants to know if he might be able to build a snowman in the village, can anyone oblige with an answer? in Wengen 2-9th March

if not you can have mine (made in Murren in March 02) -

Im sure it will be fine
snow report
davieg, if I'm right with my forecast then I think theres a fair to good chance that snowman building will be possible in the village wink
snow conditions
Chris Brookes wrote:
davieg wrote:

if not you can have mine (made in Murren in March 02) -

Im sure it will be fine

that looks like an expensive taste snowman with al the jewels are carrots and stones out of fashion. thanks for the information
snow conditions
Who thought it would be a good idea to totally remove the Egg-Lift from Schreckfeld to First? Puzzled

Does nobody over at the Firstbahnen have a clue you cannot at all find a place in the Firstbahn from schreckfeld before noon at this time of the year?

The new black run "bort-direct" new for this season is nice... cept it quite bare already between the huge mounds of slush Smile
Think i'm gonna follow stabmeister to Murren next time Wink
snow report
D G Orf wrote:
AdrianV, I'd like to but...

Warm weather with rain mid week, possible very light snow and colder temps at the end of next week, however the following week looks like it might bring more snow to the area in time for the MSB

Happy dance!, Happy dance!, Happy dance! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
AxsMan, I'd suggest a snow dance just to back up my forecast personally, though sacrifices given to the snow gods sometimes work, in my case as Wengen snow God I you are more than welcome to send me offerings of Swiss milk chocolate, cheese and "Spiezer" white wine, I fear the Wengen donuts would be a bit stale by the time I got them wink
snow conditions
D G Orf, Looking forward to the Wengen donuts when we get there on the 15th. Cool
snow report
Arrived in Wengen yesterday and already succumbed to the doughnuts! Runs to village a bit slushy but otherwise not bad conditions
snow conditions
D G Orf, donuts? what is this of which you speak? and where (in Wengen) can I find it? Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
AxsMan, the bakery on the main street, between around 16:00 and 17:00.
ski holidays
Ronald, It's a date, will you wear a red cravat?
latest report
good news............SF.com stating snow for next Saturday with the FL going down to 1100m ! Very Happy Very Happy

bad news..... it is also stating rain on Wed/thurs...
Sad Sad

OMG....SF.com has changed again..rain still and high temps with Fl2200m......What is happening

hmm..

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 25-02-08 16:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Chris Brookes wrote:
bad news..... it is also stating rain on Wed/thurs...
Sad Sad

good news is murren is higher than wengen. I'm back there wednesday and thursday Very Happy
Spent 3 hours there on thursday last week without riding a single lift Smile
got to love the park.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AxsMan, I take the red off asap Wink
The red makes you kindof public property...

This week i'm running around with lots of dutch kids wearing some green club-med bib - while I wear the red Wink
Hopefully to Wengernalp tomorrow morning!
The water down the figeller.... it wasn't molten snow!
It was sweat from me and the kids Smile
latest report
Ronald, Laughing Laughing
snow report
stab, what are the conditions like, looked at the Murren wecam today and the village looks bare,you can see the tarmac on the roads now...BAD !!!!!!!
snow report
Chris Brookes, pretty much finished. In the morning it's alright but by lunch the sheer number of people here chop it all up. Wixi looks like a bomb hit it. I was too late for murren today but will give it a go tomorrow.
Slightly raining at the moment as well Very Happy
ski holidays
stab, please post and let me know what Murren is like specially at Birg.
snow conditions
confusing day today, at some point during my adventure I picked up this sticker on the board.

I have no idea where it came from or who did it. I don't even know if I'm being called the w@nker, funny though. I've been raging a one man anti DHO mission in the shop this year so maybe they are rounding up on me, better watch my back Laughing

Chris Brookes, schiltgrat is slushy, early this morning was good then got a bit slow. Up at Birg it's great, proper dry snow that you can spray at people, it starts to change around about where the old T bar used to start, gets a bit slushy there, I guess that's around 2000m as the rain didn't go up that high.
Was snowing at Birg when I left.

Schiltgrat

Birg

Busy huh Very Happy
snow conditions
stab, an overcast day !

Thanks for the info,hopefully the snow will arrive soon !
snow report
Hi chaps, I'm in town from Saturday and am bringing some friends too. I want to really show off the place on Sunday, so would really appreciate your advice on which runs are in good nic. Should I head for First, Mannlichen or KS? I know Murren looks good from Stab's photo's but I think that might be a bit of a trek on thier first day.
Any suggestions, and party invitations, warmly welcomed!
snow report
icebunny, with the conditions as they are....im sure it will be worth the trek and make sure you hang around Birg, im sure Stab will advice!!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 28-02-08 18:04; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Great....I get the picture. I'll do some more snow dancing!
At least the views are good up there, if we can see anything that is, while the sky is covering the hill with white fluffy stuff...oops, dreaming again.
snow report
scheidegg ist gefuckt, mannlichen is good until it gets bumped out. Schilthorn is good to real good high up, I was even talking about moving to murren if I could get to work easier but I can't Sad Sick of this building work that never ends in wengen. Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Thanks Stab. I can't understand how you cope without a car in Wegen anyway!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy