Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Ronald, I knew someone who could make it from the top of the Mannlichen chair back to the bottom of the Mannlichen chair in under 2 mins ..... On a snowboard Shocked

Gummi is much shorter Razz
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but just got back from a week staying at the Eiger and found out it is closing at the end of this season! Real shame I think.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf, I'll worship the guy when he can top-to-bottom the very mogully conditions of the gummi nord as of today in 2 mins Wink
Or really, as the challenge was: 5 mins roundtrip on the checkin's of the lift Smile
Got another 7 minute one this morning, and iw as trying to be fast!

The 2 mins on Mannlichen, no problem *grabs the Stoeckli Laser GS*
Which may be the only skiable ski for me... got some heavy damage on the Allstars, hope spyderjon can hint me how to fix that, so until he reads his mail Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
beanie1 wrote:
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but just got back from a week staying at the Eiger and found out it is closing at the end of this season! Real shame I think.

Gosh Shocked I'd heard they were selling some of the rooms as apartments, but didn't realise the whole place was closing Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
telford_mike, yup, selling the whole thing off as aprtments room by room. The ground floor has to remain commercial space and apparently they have a few interested parties including the ski school and tourist office, although neither of those would need that much space.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
beanie1, Maybe the DHO should investigate Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also closing the restaurant?

Its one of, if not the best (all be it expensive) restaurant of the village?!

The website lists no rooms available on the calanders after Mid April Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
D G Orf, yes also heard they are considering taking some ground floor space.

Ronald, the restaurant will stay a restaurant but only if new owners can be found, and not sure they've found one yet!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Eiger rosti is one of the reasons I go to Wengen! This is really sad news.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ronald wrote:
Its one of, if not the best (all be it expensive) restaurant of the village?!

schoenegg wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Someone spares a pair of Stoeckli laser SL FIS Smile?

I'm afraid I stabbed (read wrote off) my main pair of skis... Deep base damage, delamination of the ptex from the core... more of that... Central might be able to fix this; but the question is... this ski cannot take many more shop-tunes (thin edges)

Going to talk to Central tomorrow...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ronald, I can do you a nice board, skiing will never take off anyway, flash in the pan fad if you ask me.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ronald, stab, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, I'm not going to be anywhere near a board without lessons Wink

Skiing came natural to me, but boarding does not apparently Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
D G Orf, 23d, 5h, 1m, and 42s to the MSB
What's the weather doing in that period?
snow report
Guys, has it been a good season so far in JR ??
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, alright season imo, not so many jumpy features that I like but hard and fast for ages. Off piste has been a bit lacking since xmas though.

If anyone is in town tonight I'll be djing and giving it some beans in the blue monkey, tonight is THE night of the season.
Well I plan to be there at some point assuming I transfer all this music over to the laptop and analyze it properly, then finish rendering sections of that superstylin mix to play.
ski holidays
stab, reminds me that I haven't heard any of your music for ages - bring it on! Toofy Grin Cool
ski holidays
stab, why is tonight THE night of the season
snow report
Chris Brookes wrote:
stab, why is tonight THE night of the season

Because it is. Always has been Smile It's not always in wengen but it is always tonight. Tonight will be mental, previous years have included a donkey and samurai swords opening champagne bottles.
snow conditions
stab, ok Puzzled
snow report
FenlandSkier, wait till about 14 days before and I might be able to give you an idea
ski holidays
I'm going to die, god help anyone who gets in my way today, I might puke on them. no idea what time I got home.
snow report
stab, about an hour ago by the sound of it ... I assume 'Happy Birthday' sung loudly wouldn't be in order ? wink
snow conditions
stab, i hope you had a good time, any pics of you puking...lol
snow conditions
I have a picture of this, god knows what mannlichen was all about today, I was in no shape to find out, seemed to be some new ford.

ski holidays
Nice to meet you the other week, Stab, will keep you identity secret!!!!!!
ski holidays
Yeah, Stab, also nice to met you last week, will keep your secret identity a secret Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AdrianV wrote:
Yeah, Stab, also nice to met you last week, will keep your secret identity a secret Toofy Grin

cool, but why were you bringing blades into the shop the other day NehNeh
By far the best person I met so far is skibb wink Mr. Green
ski holidays
stab wrote:

Skibb? a boarder perchance?
latest report
AdrianV wrote:
stab wrote:

Skibb? a boarder perchance?

No no, I guess a skier but he also has a nice sideline in trifle. Cool
snow report
Just back from Wengen. Brilliant week - combination of sunshine and cool temperatures made for great skiing and snow conditions. Stayed at Eiger as usual, for the last time. Karl Fuchs is closing the hotel on April 17th. He says that it would take a large investment to modernise the building and neither of his sons want to take the business on. They will be converted into apartments. Great location, all I'm missing is a spare CHF1m.

Met Stab in the dungeon. Not a dreadlock in sight. I'm not really sure he's really a boarder wink snowHead
snow report
Skibb, ah so you were the person who was bringing trifle to Stab then!!!!!
latest report
end of season sales in Wengen ... do they exist, what's the chances of the missus picking up a cheap pair of boots w/c 22/3 ?

ta
ski holidays
masmith wrote:
end of season sales in Wengen ... do they exist, what's the chances of the missus picking up a cheap pair of boots w/c 22/3 ?

ta

ask in central, some of the rentals get sold after half term.
snow report
stab wrote:
masmith wrote:

ta

ask in central, some of the rentals get sold after half term.

hoping for surplus new stock, don't be wanting rented boots
snow report
doubt it then mate, for some reason sales don't seem to happen here. There are last year's boards still at full whack for some reason Puzzled
ski holidays
bummer, thanks for info.
latest report
stab, last year most of the skis were 30% off after the dutch holidays ended (so i expect to see 30% tags all over during the MSB)

Not sure about boots though, those are a bit less fashion item with new print every year NehNeh
latest report
Ronald wrote:
stab, last year most of the skis were 30% off after the dutch holidays ended (so i expect to see 30% tags all over during the MSB)

Not sure about boots though, those are a bit less fashion item with new print every year NehNeh

skis Laughing
now you mention it I do remember some things being outside at 30% one spring, I think it was when I was on crutches so probably didn't pay that much attention.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy