Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
AdrianV wrote:
stab, think I'm going to suggest a new weekly activity to the tourist office - The "Find Stab" Game....played every Wednesday evening with a cheese fondue chucked in for good measure...CHF38 a head should do it! Top prizes to include?????

Elizabeth B, her parents, ronald, agenterre and other MSB people are excluded.
How about the "feed stab a doughnut" game, a prize of something will be handed out to the person feeding me in the strangest place. Bonus points awarded if I'm on a T bar on my own.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stab, coming to borrow your mountain for a few days on Friday, if that's okay Laughing What are the piste conditions? And don't say cr*p, cause we'll still come wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brian T, pistes were awesome last time I was up, which was yesterday I think. Hard and fast fast fast. Off piste is officialy crap though but it should snow tomorrow, assuming the Foehn sods off, +8deg C on mannlichen today.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stab wrote:

They've told me to warn you to expect bad weather the end of June and the end of August this year Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stab wrote:
AdrianV wrote:
stab, think I'm going to suggest a new weekly activity to the tourist office - The "Find Stab" Game....played every Wednesday evening with a cheese fondue chucked in for good measure...CHF38 a head should do it! Top prizes to include?????

How about the "feed stab a doughnut" game, a prize of something will be handed out to the person feeding me in the strangest place. Bonus points awarded if I'm on a T bar on my own.

Woohoo! I'm in! Officially on the "not excluded" list now and I have a few bits of insider info. I'm gonna clean up and Stab's gonna get sick of doughnuts.... Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FAT dumping forecast on snow-forecast saturday on sunday (40 cm in nw to n somewhat strong winds)... off course it IS snow-forecast so its not gonna happen Wink

Then again, last time I arrived in Wengen for teaching course I brought 60 cm with me Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ronald, Metcheck concurs - what say ye, D G Orf?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok, now as far as I can see, there might be a little snow or just possibly rain Tuesday (perhaps 10cm) warm again Wednesday and Thursday, a tiny bit more snow on Friday (at best 5cm), but a whole heap of the stuff on Sunday it might even exceed Metchecks 40cm forecast Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab wrote:
telford_mike wrote:
Safe as houses mate, until I come in next week and beg you to dig my skis up from wherever you bury them while I'm away NehNeh Very Happy

I saw them today, buried safely in spot X.

Cool Very Happy I'll be there on Saturday 2nd Feb armed with a bag of doughnuts Razz There's a bottle of cheapo Trachsel's scotch in one of those bags too, cunningly hidden in a ski boot so as not to be discovered Toofy Grin

AdrianV I'm in for 38 bucks worth mate snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
D G Orf, okay, I'm puzzled. I've come to trust your forecasts, but why is snowforecast saying no snow fall on Sunday at all Puzzled This is not an academic question as Mrs Brian T and I are arriving at Wengen on Thursday with Mrs Brian T's mother who would quite like clear weather to drink her hot chocolate at Mannlichen, while the two of us ski! The good moral and temper of the more Mature member of our party is crucial to my wellbeing and happiness Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Brian T, the prediction shifted towards austria ;P
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Brian T,
Quote:

The good moral and temper of the more Mature member

Bit of a raver is she?
wink snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Brian T, don't know but I've still got a high likelyhood of decent snowfall for Sunday and today, a little more snow next week and colder temps also look likely with further light snow at the start of the following week, as always anything beyond 5 days worth of forecast is an educated guess and will almost certainly change over time.

On the bright side your mother in law should genrally have plenty of sunny weather to enjoy her hot chocolates though on Sunday she should probably stay well wrapped up indoors
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Bish, 83, but still elegant. If you are interested I can fix you up Toofy Grin

D G Orf, Ronald, Let's hope for a bit of snow at least to freshen up the pistes. If it gets too cold she can add yet more brandy to the hot chocolate snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowing hard at the moment by the looks of the Scheidegg-cam Very Happy
latest report
Looks like snow in Murren, Grindelwald and I guess Wengen as well, might be sleet down in Lauterbrunnen though, road definately looks wet there.
snow report
I know what's happening this evening NehNeh
ski holidays
stab wrote:
I know what's happening this evening NehNeh
Where?
snow report
where would you like?
ski holidays
stab, What, what, what, Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
Keywords: Postoffice, rail, snow

Am I warm stab?
snow report
...do tell Puzzled
snow conditions
haha the suspense. Early night to bed and up now for a dawn assault on First. Loads of fresh snow around. Very Happy
snow report
Enjoy it mate Very Happy Say hello to that grumpy woman in the Wetterhorn if you stop there this afternoon snowHead
ski holidays
Stab's top 2 places to be in winter.

1. First
2. Schilthorn

It's like a different season over at these 2 spots, if you imagine mannlichen/ KS being early november snow a bit thin on the ground then First/murren is an epic march. Doesn't matter how good I say mannlichen/KS is compared to the other 2 places at the moment it's a waste of time.
First was slightly better but only because it wasn't full of SCGB people talking loudly. Awesome 2 days off. Cool
latest report
What's the snow / weather forecast like? Will be in Wengen a week on Monday!
snow conditions
beanie1, Lots of precipitation and colder temps forecast for next weekend:

http://www.meteoschweiz.ch/cgi-bin/plz.cgi?plz=3823
ski holidays
I arrive in Wengen next Tuesday, looks like I might see much sunshine for three or four days but as we all know forecasting more than two/three days ahead is not to be depended upon.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Finally got up the slopes at 1PM... Arrived u in Wengen like 10:20AM already, but had to drop back down to Lauterbrunnen with a key to pick up my skiclothes/skis/boots.

Slopes are generally better then I left it 3 weeks ago, cept for the racetrack, which tries to pretend to be scottish or something (icy).

*throws a dice*

Should I go First, Murren or be lazy and just take the cable car up the Männlichen tomorrow?
Training with skischool from monday so will be tied to snowplowing from Wengernalp or something Wink
snow conditions
Go to Murren. If you are going to be snowploughing for a few days/weeks, then go have a blast down the Schilthorn
ski holidays
Elizabeth B, I just hate the time it takes from Wengen Wink

Haven't been to First at all over Xmas/NY cept for the hike to Faulhorn dragging a sled behind me, and stab got me curious Wink

stab, had a day off? didn't see you in the very secret shop Wink

If you take the 8:30 cable car up, blast down to Grund like a nutter, do you make the 8:45 bus to Firstbahn?
snow conditions
Ronald, only if the bus is late.
snow report
Ronald wrote:
stab, had a day off? didn't see you in the very secret shop Wink

If you take the 8:30 cable car up, blast down to Grund like a nutter, do you make the 8:45 bus to Firstbahn?

Was busy today, only just got home, loads of tourists Sad
I've made that bus once I think, can't remember. I just got to the hotel thing there after the bridge and the bus had just arrived. I probably didn't make the 8:45 though thinking about it, or maybe I did. haha that was helpfull I'm sure.
snow conditions
stab, retreath to Salzegg Wink

Big mistake to do Blackrock though... Wixi worse then I ever saw it.. Actually considered hiking up to Wengernalp. Someone fire up the Fallboden please Wink
snow report
imo forget mannlichen/scheidegg until it snows, this is schilthorn somewhere 2 days ago. First was the same, of course the weekend could have ruined it by now though Sad
snow conditions
stab, Great shot - looks fantastic snowHead
snow report
Hi guys...im back...hope all is well in this thread
snow report
Well my bags all packed, should be in Wengen by 18.00 tomorrow just to late for doughtnuts. I see the forecast is that its going to get colder.
snow conditions
Just to wish anyone going in for the McMillan race next week GOOD LUCK.
snow report
riverman,
Quote:

should be in Wengen by 18.00 tomorrow just to late for doughtnuts.

Shame, never mind you can have an extra one on Wednesday wink Have fun
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy