Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
I've skied in Switzerland for the last couple of years and never found it expensive. Drinks are much more reasonable than France and although some restaurants can be expensive in the big resorts, you can always find good value if you look around.

The service is always excellent as well.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
creedgearoid, Murren doesnt really have a nightlife so to speak and only has one nightclub called the Inferno (inside the Palace hotel) but its not that popular with the locals due to the prices. Most locals tend to head to the Eiger Guesthouse as the prices are very good and have a pool table,music,big tv screen and great atmosphere that money cant buy! or try Tachi-bar at the hotel Eiger just above and left of the guesthouse.

If not all the hotels have bars and stay open until the last person has left but expect again to pay higher prices.

Murren has some good restaurants which are mostly situated in the hotels (Jungfrau,Edelweiss,Alpina,Bellevue etc etc) or you can have a Chinese at Thams or a Pizza at Pascals.

I cant honesly answer the price of a Steak & chips or the price of a nice cool beer as i just eat and drink it as im on holiday but it cant be that high or i would remember Laughing

If you are looking for nightlife then Murren isnt the place for you and maybe Wengen is
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nightlife order is probably

Somewhere in Austria
Grindelwald
Wengen
Murren

Cept during the MSB, where some snowheads will make sure there is nightlife in Wengen I guess Wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
geepee wrote:
The service is always excellent as well.

I find it deteriorates fast when you have a loud lady in your group ignorant to any language cept for dutch, coming across rude permanently due to trying a horrible mix of Germanified dutch and Englishified dutch rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think we all have a personal view of what "Night Life" means - I've been to places in Austria and France famed for their superb apres-ski only to find that this means painfully loud music with thumping bass and people standing around drinking. What turns that scenario into "good" is when something somehow sparks that into life and suddenly everyone is up and dancing on the tables. I've seen that happen in France and Austria too. But I have to say that some of the most memorable times for me have been in the Tanne bar in Wengen where that has happened, and I'm not sure what it is that lights the spark (maybe the copious number of B-52s we've been drinking helps). So, SnowHeads, what does good night life mean to you? Does Wengen, Murren, Grindelwald have it? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well I have to admit that I'm not a person who goes clubbing in the UK but I have had good evenings out in Wengen however I would say that the nightlife is limited and almost certainly won't suit everyone
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
AdrianV, Wednesday night is very lively in the Sunstar bar if you are lucky enough to be given a bell to ring.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've had some great nights out in Wengen, normally in the bar below the cinema, can't remember what it's currently called as is always changing it's name. When i first started going there it was Kegelbahn.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
beanie1 wrote:
I've had some great nights out in Wengen, normally in the bar below the cinema, can't remember what it's currently called as is always changing it's name. When i first started going there it was Kegelbahn.

maybe I was djing there, haven't for a while though. Next one is feb.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stab, I'm there in Feb from 4th for a week - when you djing?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
13th or 14th.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
riverman, you must have seen my bell ringing action in the Sunstar in 2005, exceeded only by my broom/brush rhythm action... snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
riverman wrote:
AdrianV, Wednesday night is very lively in the Sunstar bar if you are lucky enough to be given a bell to ring.

Lauberhorn Trio - awesome!

Download the video if you dare: (1.6Mb, mp4) http://www.downhillonly.com/pics2008/lauberhorntrio.mp4

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AdrianV, I am in training with the the house broom and brush ready for my visit in early Feb
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
telford_mike, Enjoyed the video . Ithink summer and winter I seen them about 15 times and still look forward to their next performance.
ski holidays
hahaha awesome, the guy on the right does our tax returns.
latest report
stab, So you have not attended a live preformance of music in the Sunstar.
snow report
sadly not, I must have missed that on the list of things to do before I die.
ski holidays
stab wrote:
hahaha awesome, the guy on the right does our tax returns.

the guy in the middle is our landlord Shocked
ski holidays
watching the second leg of the mens slalom on Eurosport and its snowing hard
ski holidays
yup, it looked quite encouraging - skiing wasn't bad either! Got all my ironing done - bonus!
ski holidays
I am so looking forward to being there in a couple of weeks time. So looks like the snow is going to be fab. yeehah
latest report
Annehillskiing wrote:
I am so looking forward to being there in a couple of weeks time. So looks like the snow is going to be fab. yeehah

Macmillan down to Aspen Very Happy
snow conditions
Which is the best shop in Wengen for boot fitting? Boyfriend plans to buy his own this year.
ski holidays
beanie1 wrote:
Which is the best shop in Wengen for boot fitting? Boyfriend plans to buy his own this year.

They're all fine, (have bought from Central & Molitor in the past - both were great) but with the way the exchange-rate is going at the moment, you might want to check-out one of the local banks for a mortgage first Shocked
snow report
telford_mike, Thanks.

Hmmm, do you think it might be worth his while buying in the UK then and just using shop in Wengen for any alterations needed?
snow report
beanie1, Central Sport have been quite happy to tweak boots bought elsewhere in the past for a modest charge. If you're going later in the season you might find that prices come down a bit in Wengen though. It's a tricky one to be honest - I don't think I'd buy boots in the UK unless I was absolutely confident that I knew exactly what I wanted. On the other hand, I suppose buying in the UK means you don't have to take a chunk out of your skiing holiday.

Personally I'd go to Rocks and have a strong coffee, then walk across the street to Central Sport and put up with a bit of financial pain in exchange for a really good fitting service.
snow conditions
telford_mike, if beanie is relatively close to the CEM headquarters, he might get some boots from them, which may be less then using expensively bought Franks Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Break out the factor 50 sun cream. Looking at Metcheck there is the suggestion of a heat wave mid- to end of the week. Mr Orf, any views?
latest report
AdrianV, well seeing as you ask, it should snow tonight perhaps 5-10cm at resort level, snow again Wednesday most of the day with at best another 10-20cm at resort level, probably rain on Friday with definate warmer weather until next Monday when there may well be more snow though if it comes earlier it will fall as rain, next week looks like being much colder than the second half of this week though after Monday it doesn't look like any more snow until possibly the last days of the month
snow conditions
D G Orf, thank you. Can you predict some heavy snow for the first week in February, followed by cold but clear conditions for the second week, then same again for March please. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
AdrianV wrote:
Can you predict some heavy snow for the first week in February

Nooooooooo Shocked I'll have to wear those daft orange glasses which make me look like Ali G Embarassed
snow report
AdrianV, Ask me again in arround 2 weeks and I might give it a go
snow conditions
Leaving in a coulpe of days for our first ski hols of the season but sadly not in Murren this month Sad Sad
latest report
Chris Brookes, Where are you defecting to?
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, WHAT !!!! Shocked
latest report
D G Orf, His silence means a lot, i'm sure he must be going to Wengen Wink
snow conditions
Ronald wrote:
D G Orf, His silence means a lot, i'm sure he must be going to Wengen Wink

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy snowHead
latest report
Ronald, lmao

We are going in a large group from Jersey to Les Coches in France (just below La Plagne)
snow report
Yikes - I arrive in Wengen on Saturday with family (wife and 3 smallishkids). Will the kiddie bunny slopes in the village be usable in this weather since a possible heatwave is mentioned?

WIll it be raining at Wengen resort level?

Will I as a confirmed average intermediate (11 weeks skiing) be able to get much done in my 3 hours of ski school freedom?

Any particular ski hire shop or are they all ok?
Is there an ATM in the village so I can get Swiss Francs?
I assume everywhere takes VISA?

We are going by Ryanair to Basel and planning on getting to Wengen using rail - looking at www.rail.ch it all looks OK...should I get tickets in advance? Not sure tho as Ryanair may be late - so is there something like a weekly family return?

Any other advice about the village?

Thanks!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy