Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Ronald wrote:
stab, Quite good, arrived 5 in the morning, slept till 10 got up reasonably fresh... I miss something looking out of the windows ;(

what so you have a view in holland instead of being buried alive in lauterbrunnen. NehNeh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I rather be burried alive down in Lauterbrunnen... then i'm 37 minutes on foot from great views, now 9 hours by car/train/plane NehNeh

Ah well... 3 weeks and i'll be up in Wengen to take my seat on the Bench outside the certain sportshop Wink

Oh wait, i'll have the same 'problem'... working, they've build another bench on the Figgeler snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will be in Wengen for a week from 4 Feb - anyone else there then?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
beanie1, from 26th of Januari until the 16th of March.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beanie1, 2nd to 9th February snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
telford_mike wrote:
Ronald, We still need to have that beer mate Toofy Grin

snowHead Toofy Grin wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beanie1, 29th January to 8th February
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
9th-16th of Feb (Half Term) with the kids, and 8th-15th March (MSB) with a load more Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
telford_mike wrote:

Have you already left wengen?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stab wrote:
telford_mike wrote:

Have you already left wengen?

Had to come home and do a little work (sorry - bad word Shocked ). Main event for me is usually March.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That's strange, a guy came in the shop calling himself mike, came to pick up his skis in a green bag Wink Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stab wrote:
That's strange, a guy came in the shop calling himself mike, came to pick up his skis in a green bag Wink Very Happy

Git NehNeh rolling eyes Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
beanie 1 8th to 17th Feb

Looking at the Muerren and Schilthorn webcams, it seems to be raining Puzzled Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Skibb, Probably true, Fohn conditions...

Normally doesn't do a lot of damage fortunately... cept for the pistes were getting very thin where there is no artificial.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the boarding ideas - I think Mannlichen but watch out for crossing skiers and top of Brandegg then back to Arven chair seem to be two suggestions to start with. At least Mannlichen is easy to get to from Lauterbrunnen and we've got the choice of transport back up the hill.
snow conditions
piste report

Mad
snow report
stab, hard as nails even after the snow of the last day or so?
ski holidays
what snow? it rained so much I started getting animals into pairs and looking for some wood. Then it froze. Evil or Very Mad
snow report
stab, blimey! What altitude was the snowline at?
ski holidays
scheidegg. 2000m
snow conditions
I knew things weren't too hopeful when the Schilthorn web cam showed rain rather than snow.
snow conditions
Forecast doesn't look too good either, cold night with warm days for the foreseabble future I'm afraid Sad
snow report
It always snows on race day (well sometimes anyway) snowHead
snow report
telford_mike, Think that's the forecast at the moment as well isn't it ....
ski holidays
Try the ORF game (in no way related to DG Wink ) in snow... makes it scary even on the PC, knowing the descent...
snow report
DG Orf: Snow-Forecast.com predict reasonable snowfall on Saturday whereas meteoswiss.com suggest just a light dusting. Who has better form for Wengen predictions in the past?
ski holidays
Agenterre wrote:
telford_mike, Think that's the forecast at the moment as well isn't it ....

You're right mate. Snopen Air is another event whch seems to attract inclement weather.
latest report
Skibb, In my experience Snow Forecast tend to be optimistic in their predictions
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Never sure which expert weather site to follow, but Metcheck (I like this site cos of the graphics!) suggest that there will be around 7cm of snow on Saturday, although the temperature does not appear to get much cooler than +1. More encouraging is next week when the trend seems to be for the freezing level to drop down to the village level and a little bit more (8 cm) snow fall across wednesday and thursday - iy will be interesting to see how this pans out and if so whether the cooler temperatures persist the week after....
ski holidays
At last some more snow !!
ski holidays
Chris Brookes, more like at last another misleading forecast! snowHead
snow report
Meteoschweiz is predicting for Saturday Very Happy
ski holidays
Fallboden lift back in service 'beginning of February'

http://www.beo-news.ch/abns%202008/jan%202008/sesselbahn%20auflagen%2009.htm
snow report
lauberhorn race is full steam, oh dear oh dear oh dear. God I hate this weekend, Mad
ski holidays
what would a person expect to pay for steak and chips or similar in murren or wengen? avg price of a large beer? just trying to work out if i could afford to stay there for late trip this year. i see most people say its very quiet re bars/apre ski, how many bars are in murren approx? is it complete shutdown at night except for hotels?
ski holidays
creedgearoid, I didnt eat out as we were HB in a hotel but the beers in the bars were about £3 - same for a double and mixer.
latest report
thought i posted this question already 5 min ago so if im repeating myself pls forgive.
what prices should i expect to pay in murren for steak+chips r likewise? whats the avg price of a large beer? wondering if i can afford to stay in murren/wengen for a late trip. most posters say its very quiet at night, how many bars approx are open most nights or is it just hotels after dark?
snow conditions
creedgearoid, your post does show up (both of them now in fact)

Pint of beer: CHF 6-7
Pasta CHF 15-20
Pork+fries CHF 18-22
Veal+fries CHF 23-28ish
Pizza 15-20ish

Streets are quiet during evenings in Wengen, people stick to the bars/"nightclubs" or their beds NehNeh

Rocks, Eigerbar, Tanne, The bar not so formerly known as Chilli's (Crystal)
Some hotel bars are public accessable (VL, Silberhorn for sure)
"nightclub" are 2, Blue monkey and Tiffany's
snow report
thanks ronald/joe, that sounds fairly reasonable. have always been put off switzerland as we assumed prices were high, have been doing the cheaper austrian resorts for about 11 years with a group who are rather fond of their pint/food as well as their sking when we get away and we are"nt that well to do, so maybe time for a change. ronald ,was it wengen or murren you gave prices for? or are they both the same pricewise.
snow report
I Assume these prices are representative wherever you go, with a few exceptions... Baren and Eiger hotel in wengen are more expensive, but serve a higher standard of food... those 2 are about on par with prices in Holland ;P

Also prices don't go up with altitude...

Cept for Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy