Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
Another great day of storm skiing!

Photo bombed by a pisteur

The snow was deep everywhere and within the same pitch it varied from shin deep to thigh deep. It got as deep as the hem of my jacket in one or two places when I was fighting my way through the snow to retrieve a pole I had dropped from the chairlift Embarassed and fixx got face shots on one of the pitches we did.

fixx

fixx almost disappearing in deep snow!

Zero-G

Zero-G

It snowed heavily the entire day and was quite cold, which must have kept the numbers down because, again, we didn't see too many people out there.

When whiteout threatened to envelop us, we skied through the trees back to valley level to finish off the day

I've been banned from posting certain pics on snowHeads wink

http://youtube.com/v/OSuWTmx7xDM
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Zero_G, looks fantastic!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very nice! We should have been where you were!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
AndAnotherThing.., it's been a tiring but incredible four days of non-stop snowing. I'm gutted this storm is coming to an end, just as I'm really getting my groove on with deep powder skiing!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
under a new name, if it continues to snow tonight I'm heading straight back there tomorrow because it will be nicely topped up and most people left that area after lunch when the whiteout came in (so it won't be completely skied out). Added to which, there is now more than enough coverage on the boulders in the trees, so I'll be billygoating to my hearts content snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Zero_G, sadly I have to work, ... And although pleased about how my hand's healing, I'm taking it easy to avoid missing the rest of the season.

I think I know where you guys were, vey, very nice! Enjoy, but do please be safe out there!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name, I've sent you a PM about the location – wouldn't want all the lurkers out there to beat us to the snow tomorrow wink

We were very careful and there were also many pisteurs around (more than are usually seen in one place) keeping an eye on things. There are two faces in that area that are avalanche prone and I refused to go anywhere near them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Zero_G, pretty please..
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jbob, PM sent Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It snowed all night again but was only snowing very lightly by the time I woke up. Was up on the mountain within 15 minutes of opening and headed over to the scene of yesterday's powder fun.

Enough snow had fallen to mostly fill in yesterday's tracks and I was the only person on that side of the mountain, so got first tracks for 3 laps before the hordes arrived. And I do mean hordes, which forced me further over to slightly steeper terrain for fresh stuff (don't worry, I stayed within the safe zones).

Played on that side for about 2 hours and then headed back over the other side of the mountain to find deep, virgin powder all over the place Shocked snowHead And some of it was the deepest snow I've ever skied – coming down the back side of a small hill the snow flew right over my head! Looked like I'd deem rolling in snow by the time I got to the bottom.

I don't understand why no one has been skiing this little hilly area since we were last there on Friday but I don't care because it was heaven and it remained my personal bit of heaven for well over an hour before others started to follow my tracks – even then, only a small number of people did so. And I got to lay first tracks through the trees all over the place. So yes, today is up there as one of my best day's skiing so far. I am giddy snowHead

I was skiing alone today, so no pics of people flying through snow but I'll leave you with pics of all the lovely fresh, untouched powder that was all there just for me Happy

Enough snow last night to mostly fill in yesterday's tracks

Those tracks on the left are mine. Only 7 turns but still fun!

Quite a lot of avi activity on the Hotel Face
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have been hard at work at my desk.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name, that would explain why there was fresh to be had everywhere wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Zero_G, indeed!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I haven't been to GM or Le Tour in almost a week, can anyone report on conditions there?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yesterday at le tour, pretty good Smile

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152651351608017&pnref=story
snow report
The Lachenal Bowl in Flegere today was the deepest I've seen it, this winter and last. Vis came and went but best day of the winter so far for me.
latest report
wasn't it closed off?!
snow report
Fergus, pics or it didn't happen Toofy Grin
ski holidays
eddiethebus wrote:
wasn't it closed off?!

Lemmings. That's all I'm sayin' wink
snow report
eddiethebus wrote:
yesterday at le tour, pretty good Smile

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152651351608017&pnref=story

Just watched this: beautiful! Who's the skier?
latest report
too many planks really Wink its just a mate in town, james sleigh.......

his season edit from last year was pretty good:
chamonix season from james sleigh
http://vimeo.com/66190100

todays looking good!!! Very Happy
snow report
eddiethebus, that was a very enjoyable 3:36 Cool

We skied at Le Tour today – it was brutally cold and pretty much completely scalped. Got some freshies off the very top drag first thing this morning and jbob found us some pockets of fresh stuff on the Vallorcine side but conditions were generally breakable wind blown crust (my least favourite conditions because the huge tail rocker on my skis get hooked in the stuff and... ok, ok, it's my bad technique!)

Still, a good day's skiing and I now have two more off piste routes to add to my ever growing collection Very Happy
ski holidays
Snowing hard in Courmayeur.
ski holidays
jbob wrote:
Snowing hard in Courmayeur.

All of Chamonix is jealous!
snow conditions
Nice to hear. Heading out on the 14th. Keep it coming.
latest report
i'm actually looking forward to next week now when the sun comes out and it warms up a bit Cool
latest report
eddiethebus wrote:
i'm actually looking forward to next week now when the sun comes out and it warms up a bit Cool

Heathen! Shocked

I'm happy for it to stay cold as long as the snow keeps falling. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any any snowfalls coming over the next 10 days Sad
ski holidays
don't need any more snow, everything is just fine for jumping off now Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's what the park is for. The rest of us would like more powder, damnit!
snow conditions
mother nature builds a better park than anyone in Chamonix has ever been able to!! Cool
snow conditions
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this long shot.
Has anyone in cham got a blower/brush that I can use for five minutes for removing a speck of dust from my camera sensor.
ski holidays
@Zero_G, bit late , but LA tour was epic on Tuesday , on backside in trees some of the best snow I ever had on Europe , and untouched all day , so good nearly missed last chair back up !!!
latest report
Dabber, we skied the trees too but didn't go very far over to skier's right (skied the section that goes down to the chairlift), so it was mostly skied out with a few bits of fresh here and there and mogulled towards the bottom, which was good.

We saw several groups heading over to the back bowls – not something I'd be willing to do with the snowpack being what it is and avi level at 4.
snow conditions
Yep- best to be safe rather than sorry in current conditions...I am limiting myself to les Houches this season!
latest report
6 days for the price of 5 online apparently atm...
snow report
Back to Le Tour today. Pistes in great condition, looks like the bashers had been a working had. Didn't venture into the back bowls but a few teams were. Found some freshies far right in the trees off the Tete de Balme. Retreated when low cloud created a white out after 15.00. Not too many people about, and very cold on the front chair.
snow report
Oh yes I missed the best bit. I spotted a ptarmigan in full winter plumage.
latest report
jbob wrote:
I spotted a ptarmigan in full winter plumage.

You must have eagle eyes to spot a white bird against the snow. Impressed!
snow report
@Zero_G, yep some crazy thrill seekers out all week , thanks for your evolution tip , had an epic day on the gm in yesterday White out , did my first roped descent in coluor Philip , amazing snow , plus a couple of great routes on the glacier , finished off with an afternoon in the magic forest
snowHead
snow report
Dabber, Very Happy Where is Couloir Philip, btw, I can't seem to find it on my map?

Had a very good day at GM today. Although heavily tracked, the snow off piste is still soft enough to be fun and with enough chop and bumpy bits to make it interesting and more challenging.

We were going to head up in the top bin but HammondR's pet guide told us that the winds were gusting up to 100km up there and his skis were almost blown away Shocked They did close both the cable car and the Herse chair at one point.

Still creamy, fresh snow to be found in the magic forest too.

HammondR throwing up plumes of soft snow on the Anglo-Saffa ridge.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy