Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Ronald wrote:
Old lodge B&B is run by the wife of a guy i have met briefly, and who is said to be extremely nice. Should be quite a lot cheaper and they claim not to be too far away from things.

The MSB off piste crew can vouch for that guy being nice, he is.
The lodge is for sure the cheapest option IMO, next to the coop. Doesn't get more central.
http://www.old-lodge.ch/english/home.php
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
He was training some kantonal skiiers last season i believe, which is probably why i didn't run into him more... Old Lodge also provided a price for the race during last years MSB...... must be good Wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
any unpdate on snow stab?
its looking pretty good to me
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I honestly haven't seen this much snow since 99, and certainly never in december. I don't give a toss now though, started work Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stab, the joys wink Laughing Laughing

Wow...Murren having a great dump

Weather in Mürren, alti 1650 m
Temperature -4 °C
Depth of snow 95 cm
New snow 40 cm
Type of snow powder
thick cloud with heavy snowfalls

Last updated 11.12.2007 07:15 hrs.
Weather on Schilthorn, alti 2900 m
Temperature -9 °C
Depth of snow 198 cm
New snow 44 cm
Type of snow powder
thick cloud with heavy snowfalls

Last updated 11.12.2007 07:15 hrs.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
For those travelling to Bern airport with Flybe, the Jungfrau Railways are putting on a coach transfer service again this year to whisk you to your destination. Details:

http://www.downhillonly.com/download/flybe08.pdf
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
telford_mike, excellent news, i was trying to find that out.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Checking the GFS I see some more snow forecast for the days around Christmas, for pretty much all of the alps too.

I wonder about D G Orfs experienced judgement! Wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's enough snow now. Cold and sunny will be absolutely fine for the next week or so (please!) Very Happy snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thats what the next week shows in the GFS to me... the week after ... looks like snow.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nice snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well Ronald, seeing as you ask, at the moment there's a slight chance of very light snow next tuesday but otherwise it looks like it will be cold and clear until Christmas Day, with a good chance of a reasonable dump (perhaps 20cm or more) on the 26th however as always forecasts beyond 5 days can and will change as the patterns firm up.

Currently snow levels are excellent for this time of year but ideally another 20cm at resort level with say 40cm more at Kl. Scheidegg would look very good indeed
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This thread has almost fallen off the top page. What's going on? Is it because I'm going there in 6 days' time?

snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Bish, stop rubbing it in wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chris Bish wrote:
This thread has almost fallen off the top page. What's going on? Is it because I'm going there in 6 days' time?

snowHead

didn't you read the news? Big earthquake, I would advise everyone to cancel plans to come here, for ever.
snow report
wengen this evening, completely destroyed wink
ski holidays
Oh dear. It appears to be entirely covered by a deep layer of some kind of white dust.......

snowHead
ski holidays
snow conditions look poor wink
latest report
Yeah, way too poor, stay away all of you, its useless.

It's mine, all mine, my pressssssciousssssss!
snow report
Chris Bish wrote:
Oh dear. It appears to be entirely covered by a deep layer of some kind of white dust.......

snowHead

that's ash from the fire, oh I forgot to mention that didn't I? Not one hotel left standing. Terrible shame.
snow report
I can ski ashes, and i didn't book a hotel in Wengen...

I take the spectators seats outside the certain sportshop burned down too ?
ski holidays
Looks like Berne to me... Laughing
snow conditions
stab, that's actually a fabulous photo, maybe you should sell it to the Wengen tourist board ? Oh and any chance of you sending me a high res copy ? wink
snow conditions
stab, We may just do the honourable thing and turn up anyway - just to boost the local economy you understand - we promise not to enjoy it wink
latest report
a little assistance if possible pleeeze. ... making a very late decision to travel for 29/12 week (thks to snowgods and Ryanair for their reasonable offer to Basel!) ... would like to make my way to Jungfrau region - looking at these boards, preferably to Wengen - accomodation seems like hens teeth though--- any suggestions for late finds on hotels/apartments? if not, there is small amount of availability in Grindelwald - if I can't get sorted in Wengen, would you recommend that I choose there over, say, a longer trip into the Tirol for example ...
thks
d
snow conditions
Here is a lost of hotels you can contact:
http://wengen.com/hotels.html

Then there is the old lodge in wengen...

You can also opt to pick a hotel in Lauterbrunnen if Wengen fails (Lauterbrunnen will delay your access to Wengen by 15-20 mins each morning, but it will subtract twice that when you want to visit the other 2 subareas):
Silberhorn (yes, same name, different owner as the one in Wengen), Schuetzen, Jungfrau, Oberland, bahnhof, horner (where the last is /realllllllly basic/)
ski holidays
Ronald, I never realised the Horner did accommodation....other than sleeping on the couch in the bar upstairs Embarassed
snow conditions
Big storm up-top today - all lifts closed at zero notice. Berghaus restaurant made a fortune Very Happy

Snow conditions absolutely rubbish, as stab says. Whatever you do, don't come here.

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B, they have done for years, at pretty low rates (32-42 CHF, ex breakfast) but as i said, it is really basic Smile. Get what you pay for and the personel and owner are very very friendly.

Since last year they also rent out holiday appartments.

telford_mike: i hate you Wink
How long will you be there for ?
latest report
Stab and Telford Mike - absolutely stunning photographs - thank you so much. I am now getting really enthused about our trip at the end of January.
ski holidays
telford_mike, nice pics wink
snow conditions
telford_mike wrote:
Big storm up-top today - all lifts closed at zero notice.

yes, and somebody was on lunch break at the mannlichen lift when it happened, scored myself a trip to grund then train to scheidegg and a blast to wengen. 1 and a half hours late for work Smile
latest report
D G Orf wrote:
stab, that's actually a fabulous photo, maybe you should sell it to the Wengen tourist board ? Oh and any chance of you sending me a high res copy ? wink

they can have it for a skate park Smile

this is the highest res I have
latest report
stab, thanks, much appreciated
ski holidays
Another lovely day... not much traffic on Wixi..

snow report
great picture! Very Happy
ski holidays
telford_mike, lovely picture and piste.
ski holidays
telford_mike, Looks 20 times better then the last time i saw it (Huge Moguls cut down to the dirt below)

Quote:

How long will you be there for ?
snow report
Ronald, Here until the 26th, then home until early February.

It's ok skiing with girls, but some have no dress-sense whatsoever...

Our old mate Professor Balthasar von Tussigfussler has been trying out his crazy experiments up on the Jungfrau again....

snow report
I do like the lady in red's taste of skis (have them too)

We'll be arriving saturday morning, to hit the slopes battered and broken from a nights driving Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy