Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Chris Brookes, that would be telling! wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris Brookes wrote:
stab, you back in Wengen yet ??

unfortunately yes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
worth coming out on the 14th dec for a week?how much will be open and hows the forecast looking??
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
david duval wrote:
worth coming out on the 14th dec for a week?how much will be open and hows the forecast looking??

Yes it's worth it:

1 - Forecast looks good - a couple of mild days now then cold & snowy - http://www.meteoschweiz.ch/cgi-bin/plz.cgi?plz=3823

2 - just about everything will be open, bar the odd t-bar like Bumps & Salzegg, and the slopes will be deserted

3 - great time to be in the village - lots of opening parties Very Happy

I'll be arriving on the 15th snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Forecast for the Wengen area

Mild until Saturday with possible rain at resort level or wetish snow Friday, then light snow until midweek next week,expect up to 50cm of fresh snow between now and then above Wengenalp levels with possibly half that amount at lower levels, Beyond next week it looks like being warmer but with no real rain/snow but as always beyond about 7 days we really are into educated guess work for the weather
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab wrote:

Quality response ! Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll be (based) in Lauterbrunnen over Christmas and new year, for 2 weeks...

Reserve me a seat at the see stab work spectators section!

Who else will be in the area?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ronald wrote:
Who else will be in the area?

Stab's boss...
Stab's customers...
bored old folk with nothing better to do...
wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
FenlandSkier, So you'll be there as the 2nd or 3rth option?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We're sneaking the kids out of school for a week and staying in an apartment in Lauterbrunnen for two weeks from 2nd Feb. Can anyone recommend eating options in the village?

Thanks
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jane L, Lauterbrunnen isn't blessed with the best eating options! My mum and dad self-cater there a lot (summer) and ususlly end up eating each night at the Hotel Oberland (or going into Interlaken). The Oberland does a set menu for around 18CHF that includes soup and a main course. This changes every day (as does the exact price) but is usually good. They also do nice pizzas & rostis.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Maybe worth going to Wengen and eating at Sina's or any of the other restaurants.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jane L, I stayed in the Hotel Schutzen in Lauterbrunnen, and the restaurant (and stubli) did seem to get quite a few non-residents eating there as well. I can recommend the food there.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skilegs wrote:
Maybe worth going to Wengen and eating at Sina's

Laughing

Take the train out of that crack in the valley called lauterbrunnen and get down to interlaken ost (1/2 hour), it's on the ski pass. 2 chinese restuarants there and some others. Or walk into interlaken west and hit the McDonalds Smile
snow report
Jane L, or take the cablecar upto Murren for a Chinese( Tham Chinese), Pizza (Pasci @ the Sports Centre) or at Edelweiss Hotel. Try something different like a Chinoise at the Jungfrau Hotel....just a small selection of good places to eat in Murren !
ski holidays
Nothing wrong with Lauterbrunnen. There are 3 places I regularly go. Hotel Jungfrau, Hotel Schutzen and Hotel Oberland, none of those ever disapointed and are good value.

Also not bad to extend the options by going up to Wengen or Murren, which I also do when I stay in Lauterbrunnen.

Don't forget they have hotels with these names all over the place, so the one Chris mentioned is actually another one then I mention Wink
snow report
Ronald wrote:
Don't forget they have hotels with these names all over the place, so the one Chris mentioned is actually another one then I mention Wink

good point wink
snow report
Thanks for the ideas.

We know Interlaken quite well and the kids really enjoy Les Alpes, but we want somewhere much more local. As for McDonalds, our kids really hate it.

Elizabeth B, I think that you have the right answer with the Oberland, we're staying just across the road in their apartment so it really comes under the local heading, plus rosti suits the older child and pizza the younger. We will also look at Jungfrau (Lauterbrunnen) and Schutzen. I was intending self catering most nights, but at around 18CHF each, probably less for the kids, it's going to be very tempting to eat out much more at night and take sandwiches for lunch.
snow conditions
Thanks for the evening ideas, now can I ask about lunch. We will probably eat sandwiches most days to allow us to eat out at night, but where can we get pizza, the big, really thin and crispy type, on the slopes? Anywhere in Jungfrau region will do. Is there a mountain restaurant with vegetarian pasta dishes, 11 yr olds need a change from pizza and sandwiches sometimes.

Can we still get apple fritters with vanilla sauce at Brandegg?
ski holidays
Quote:

Can we still get apple fritters with vanilla sauce at Brandegg?

Of course

Not sure about proper pizzas on the slopes though Puzzled
snow conditions
Jane L, If you visit Murren then try the Winteregg restaurant as they do homemade Rosti,Pizza,fondues,raclette etc etc and then afterwards you can either tobaggan or ski back to Lauterbrunnen depending on the conditions ....

if you go to this thread ive listed all of the restaurants on piste in Murren
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=33008
latest report
Thanks, Winteregg is a favourite place that's likely to be a regular end of day before we go down when we ski on that side, but I'm just hoping for somewhere that does a really good line in pizza for lunch.
ski holidays
Jane L, I cannot think of anywhere on the mountain that serves pizza, the only place that serves anything near it is Scheidegg but this is Rostizza not pizza.
snow report
They do pizza outside the tipi on scheidegg but it's up to you if you want to eat one. spoo
snow conditions
Stab, I am thinking of a trip to Jungfrau region but I am concerned that I will be unable to get my favourite cornedbeef and beans baked potato, any advice?
ski holidays
There's bound to be somewhere in Murren that does pizza.....
ski holidays
rayscoops, Be adventurous, Have some local food!!!!!! Laughing NehNeh
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops wrote:
Stab, I am thinking of a trip to Jungfrau region but I am concerned that I will be unable to get my favourite cornedbeef and beans baked potato, any advice?

that doesn't sound bland enough to be sold here.
ski holidays
FenlandSkier wrote:
There's bound to be somewhere in Murren that does pizza.....

pizza? At that height? Are you sure? I don't think the pizza base holds together well at the kind of altitudes you get over there.

edit: ooh 27 posts until a 1000, I shall retire then, 1000 posts about nothing usefull is way too much Laughing
latest report
Pity there's no pizza with a reputation, I suppose it's too far from Italy. Real italian pizza is one of the treats of a ski holiday, it's not something you can find in the UK, here it's just chewy and uninteresting.
snow report
btw, what are the snow conditions like in Wengen at the mo
ski holidays
Jane L, Sinas does good Pizza it's just that it's not on the slopes
snow report
The Hotel Oberland down in Lauterbrunnen also does decent pizza.

Its even less on the slopes though (Though in real good conditions and with a bit of brutality you can ski into their backyard from Winteregg/Murren)
ski holidays
rayscoops wrote:
btw, what are the snow conditions like in Wengen at the mo

terrible, there's at least 40 cms of powder over all the pistes, no people whatsoever and it doesn't stop snowing. Worst ever december.
snow conditions
stab, sounds awful - are you coping ok ?
ski holidays
Smokin Joe, to quote Biggie "it's an everyday struggle"
ski holidays
stab, I have a flight booked Very Happy to Geneva on Thursday 13th and returning Wed 19th Dec and I am undecided where to go (I was thinking of Verbier but I was there last year), it sounds like Wengen maybe be worth a visit, any recommendations for hotels/B&B's near the lifts ?? upto SF 120(ish) a night
snow report
Falken is one of the cheapest hotels, on top of the beginnersslope.... wax well and you slide straight into the mannlichenbahn... well almost.

Old lodge B&B is run by the wife of a guy i have met briefly, and who is said to be extremely nice. Should be quite a lot cheaper and they claim not to be too far away from things.
ski holidays
I've stayed at the Hirschen. Was happy with it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy