Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
Brian T, I hope to get to the MSB, if I think I've lost enough weight
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ronald, the one that's part of restaurant Schuh? IIRC it's the same company as the chocolate factory in Grindelwald.

Brian T, add restaruant Schuh to your list as well.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elizabeth B, yep thats it.

They do tours down the production line too down in Interlaken i believe, should check for the times though Wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Another nice ideas for bad weather...

Swimming pool at the Murren sports centre (Yes it is a full fledged 25 meter one Shocked ), if the weather is bad enough the lifts close the pool opens early Wink
There's a swimming pool down in Interlaken too.

Pretty decent shopping available down in Interlaken as well... (Bought a new cell from there, as mine broke mid season, swisscom branded too Wink )
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Brian T, I believe there's also a swiss cheese shop in Interlaken where they give regular demonstrations of making traditional farmer's style cheese
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi iam driving over from basingstoke to interlaken tuesday, does any one know whot pistes and lifts will be open during the week? thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
darrenheli, http://www.jungfrauwinter.ch/pages/english/JWR/JWR_index.php

Conditions permitting Basically (almost) everything, unless you go to Chris' favourite Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Piste map of Murren -

http://www.schilthorn.ch/index.php?uid=52

but ive been told Schiltgrat area is pretty cut up Sad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
*** NEW WEBCAM ***

At Innerwengen:

http://www.lauberhorn.ch/index.php?section=livecam
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
telford_mike, Does anyone else think it slightly odd that it looks as if someone has stuck a ski jump half way up the zielschuss wink Actually I'm kidding, whatever it is would be well off the course Laughing However it does look as if there's a huge pile of earth mounded up arround the entrance gates for the innerwengen chair ? Hope they get it cleared away before the next heavy snow wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
telford_mike, good find !!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
without sounding like a dumbass where is innerwengen? And the zielschuss while I'm at it. Embarassed

Where's stab with his scene of the crime reports? Lazy slacker, I bet he's still in teh wales.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab, you're a dumbass

But, I'll play into your hands.....Mary's Cafe....bottom of the WC downhill..... rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B, well, there's a thing, I didn't know that Mary's Cafe was at 'Innerwengen' either. Did you go there when the hairy old codger, who used to play 'drums' with a big wooden spoon and fork, was there? He must be long dead now, but I don't know when he died. (Ages since I've been to Wengen.)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Can anyone advise what's the easiest and quickest way from Mannlichen/Kleine Scheidegg to the First Bahn? We didn't go near First last Feb due to lack of snow but plan to do so when we go again in Feb.

From the Grindelwald map, it looks a loooooong walk in ski boots.
snow conditions
Skibb, there is a regular bus service from Grindelwald station to Firstbahn, and an irregular one from Grund. When I've done it, I've skid down to grund, got a train up the hill and then bus along. It's all covered on the lift pass. It is a bit of a faff though.
snow conditions
Can someone explain to me why there's a spaceship parked there Shocked

ski holidays
FenlandSkier, because the aliens who have skied down the Lauberhorn run don't like to have to walk back up
snow report
Elizabeth B wrote:
FenlandSkier, because the aliens who have skied down the Lauberhorn run don't like to have to walk back up

ROTFLMHO ... but isn't that where Fenlandskier kept going ... he may have missed it !
ski holidays
Once, during race day I got down to Innerwengen and the queue for the lift was awful (it was when they still had the really slow 2 man chair. I decided that it would be quicker to walk to Wengen station than it would be to wait for the lift. I'll never know.....but it was a long walk in ski gear
latest report
Skibb wrote:
Can anyone advise what's the easiest and quickest way from Mannlichen/Kleine Scheidegg to the First Bahn? We didn't go near First last Feb due to lack of snow but plan to do so when we go again in Feb.

You should have, First gets a few cm more snow then the KS/Mannlichen, and the few times I been there (Its bloody awkward from wengen if you cannot ski down to Grund) it was good there.

Quote:

From the Grindelwald map, it looks a loooooong walk in ski boots.

It is a long walk.

There is a bus service to Firstbahn, through Grindelwald main station (short pause) straight from the bottom of the Gondola back to Mannlichen. I think it runs every 20 minutes.
You can get to Grund in 1 big slide from either Mannlichen, or Kleine scheidegg (or basically anywhere in between) and have a few alternatives doing that.

If you stay in Lauterbrunnen, take the train down to Zweilutchinen, up to Grindelwald main station, then the bus (or walk for the fanatics) to Firstbahn,
Much faster to Firstbahn then over the Mannlichen.

Avoid Firstbahn between about 9 and 10:30 Smile either go up the Mannlichen first uplift (8:30) and rush down, or have a few runs on Mannlichen/KS.
latest report
yep mannlichen 1st gondola then blast down to grund, bus from grund to grumbleweed, I walk to the first bahn but then I have really comfy boots and baggy trousers so it isnt a problem.
snow conditions
Does anyone know whether the Jungfraubahn are running that bus service from Berne/Belp airport to Interlaken this season?

Just booked an extra week and will be flying Birmingham - Berne 8th March snowHead
ski holidays
telford_mike, you do realise that is definitely the week to avoid........MSB MSB MSB wink
snow report
Elizabeth B, I know I know - I was there for it last year and I couldn't resist seeing all those smiling faces again snowHead

ski holidays
That is such an awesome photo.....just look at how much snow we had snowHead
ski holidays
telford_mike, .. and I guess thats why we smiled ! Someone once posted a 'Day 1' and 'Day 3' in Wengen .......still brings broad beams of delight. snowHead
snow report
Oh my, an extra week chance to run into telford_mike!

Ronald pretends he isn't there that week!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ronald, We still need to have that beer mate Toofy Grin
latest report
telford_mike, you think that'll work, now that you're there for 2 weeks ?
snow conditions
Agenterre wrote:
telford_mike, .. and I guess thats why we smiled ! Someone once posted a 'Day 1' and 'Day 3' in Wengen .......still brings broad beams of delight. snowHead

Like this...

and this...

snowHead snowHead
latest report
Red Leon, That's them, thanks .. you either had to live there or 'Get Lucky' ... as we do !
snow conditions
I wasn't there, but can I consider myself lucky enough arriving on top of the first snow (8th of december 2006)?

My sister was in town during MSB though Wink
Maybe i should suggest she'll organise her yearly co-worker skiweekend the MSB week again Wink?
snow report
No rain this weekend so far - a few spots like it was going to start, but holiding off and looking much brighter today - the cloud is only hanging over the top of the Jungfrau instead of nearly down to Scheidegg. Flat light and stones yesterday made fun ski-ing in my new Black Diamonds! Must remember to trash some hire skis instead.
ski holidays
scillysnowprincess wrote:
Must remember to trash some hire skis instead.

not from me you won't NehNeh
latest report
stab, not like there is anything left at the stab residence to Trash Wink
snow report
Any news on conditions on mannlichen this evening? Smile
ski holidays
stab, you back in Wengen yet ??
ski holidays
Went to see Warren Miller's Playground last night. The Jungfrau gets it's 5 mins of fame in the film snowHead
snow report
Elizabeth B, explain more...what did it show ??
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy