Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

brian
brian
stab, tracks, dude ! Cool
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
you've seen the rail....you just keep wimping out wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stab, Forget what I said ... do your own calendar .. snowHead

PS - Is it true they're banning boarders in Jungfrau ? wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stab, you take some pretty good pictures ! except that one with the scruffy boarder in it Twisted Evil
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stab, omg...amazing,looks absolutly stunning you lucky bar steward...fresh tracks all around ......closet thing to ... pure heaven !!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Agenterre wrote:
PS - Is it true they're banning boarders in Jungfrau ? wink

I hope so, scruffy layabout stoners clogging up the pistes.

It was amazing today, I even walked up there in a long sleeve T shirt, sun was beating down. Bit sad really that from tomorrow anyone with half a brain and a ski pass can get up there Sad Good thing is that I've now had nearly a week of boarding, got my legs back now, tomorrow I shall be beating that mountain to within an inch of it's life. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab, and why not wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
well it would be rude not to I thought Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab, enjoyed your photos, please dont use all the snow before the 29 January.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
awesome day, I even broke my board thats how awesome it was Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stab, you dont have to come on here with your problems Laughing

Glad you had an awesome day.............................no jealousy here Embarassed
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stab, Stunning photos. Thanks for sharing them.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab, please post that in the boarding section with pics so we can rip you !
The only other person i know who broke his board is my brother & it was a hire board ! He kept it as a souvenir though Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
debbi, it's a technical broken, not a split in half broken. Split the edge, again Sad 3rd board in a row now that I brokeded.

I'm now officially boardless, everything is broken Laughing I said I was going in hard today Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If you're going to post a picture then you might as well photoshop it eh? Very Happy Might as well put some of this photoshop training I had to some use. Now I have this snowzone ting sussed out I don't have to resize at my end, schweet.

today, awesome, nae, teh awesome eleventyone!!111!!
latest report
 Poster: A snowHead
Stab - you are a real STAR. Best birthday present I've had!
snow conditions
skilegs wrote:
Stab - you are a real STAR. Best birthday present I've had!

Happy Birthday, skilegs! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Morning all....

Another great pic stab...So hows the resort this weekend, busy ?
latest report
Chris Brookes, yesterday was ok but today was nuts, people everywhere Sad Almost all the powder spots are tracked out Sad Sad I don't care now, I'm out of here on the 22nd Very Happy
snow conditions
stab, what u upto on the 22nd, going to Murren for a break ..lol >?
ski holidays
I don't think I could cope with the altitude.

Getting out of the country for a bit, haven't left in a year now and it feels like it Eh oh! spoo
snow report
Anyone who knows the area will know what I was up to today, and I hiked up there Sad seeing as it's forbidden to take skis/boards up to eigergletscher when the pistes are closed, news to me, I used to do it all the time. Safe to say today rocked, as did yesterday, and sunday, and saturday, and the whole of the week before Very Happy I'm fairly happy to start work now, got it all out of my system. There isn't anything else that's worth riding left.

It slipped a tiny bit Laughing

Behold my destruction Toofy Grin
latest report
Looks great, guess you had to hike up to Wengernalp afterwards, but well worth it! Less than 4 weeks until I get there now Very Happy
snow conditions
I leave tomorrow, I bet I'm more excited. Cabin fever has set in. Pinky
latest report
stab, leaving just in time I think, several more days of relativly warm weather and possible heavy rain Shocked at least at Wengen Level, higher up with a little luck it should give substantial snowfall, possibly up to 75cm of new snow by Saturday at Kl Scheidegg however it is likely to be quite heavy and I forsee a high risk of avalanches.

From Saturday the wind changes and brings in much colder air with light snow starting from Sunday, next week it looks like light snowfall and nice cold temps all week at the moment so the real question is weather the precipitation over the next 3 days will wreck the excellent base or add to it. My feeling is that the for next two days it will rain at resort level, but that on Friday with a lot of luck it may turn back to snow
snow report
D G Orf, was afraid you'd gonna confirm that Wink Sad
latest report
D G Orf wrote:
the real question is weather the precipitation over the next 3 days will wreck the excellent base or add to it.

I didn't want to tell anyone but the base is almost dead anyway, this foehn crap ate it. Off piste is touch and go now, hitting the bottom happens.
The snow in the afternoon is like spring snow lower down by bumps, sticky and slow.
ski holidays
think positive guys Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes, he is, i read that as "take a snowboard sawn in half instead of your good skis" Blush
latest report
comprex, lol
snow report
Quote:

The snow in the afternoon is like spring snow lower down by bumps, sticky and slow.

To be honest that's pretty much as I'd expect for November, normally the weather doesn't turn really cold untill arround the second week of December, so you have to view the past weeks snow as a bonus rather than the norm
ski holidays
D G Orf, your right rain is on its way as per SF on Wed & thurs Sad Sad
latest report
Crumbs...looking at the cams the rain has hit the resorts hard Sad
snow conditions
its not raining in belgium Very Happy not much to board on either Sad
snow conditions
Hello again everyone,
We are having to forego our regular annual visit to Wengen in 08 Crying or Very sad because of a family anniversary in Whistler in Feb/March. Smile However we are sneaking a long weekend (Thursday to Tuesday) at end of January, and taking Mrs T's 80+year-old mum. - who is quite a sweetie. Anyway we will be able to ski for some of the time but if weather is bad, can anyone suggest day trips out from Wengen that Ma-in-Law might enjoy as well as us?

eg Anything in Interlaken area?

Any advice gratefully received
snow conditions
"top of the met" restaurant at the top of the hotel metropole. Good food/drinks and a great view....if you can see due to bad weather.
snow report
Brian T, I seem to recall a chocolate factory in Grindelwald that I think is open in the winter, if things are really bad you could always go to Bern, much nicer than Interlaken in poor weather as it has a number of arcaded shops, although there are plenty of things to do arround Interlaken in the summer I'm not so sure about the winter
snow report
By the way I'd give a forecast but I don't want to get anyone to upset, looks like it might rain on Monday though it could snow higher up, Tuesday however looks more hopefull, but then it may well be washed away by more rain at lower levels next week, on the bright side with a tiny bit of luck this should fall as snow possibly as low as Murren so it should help put down a base on the higher slopes where it is needed the most
latest report
Interlaken has this great chocolate shop.... the name just evades me....

get some choco, go for a coffee/tea .. very nice
ski holidays
Thanks for the suggestions....Chocolate/ coffee/tea/Top of the met restaurant.... main theme seems to be food, drink more food.....Brilliant - all sorted.
D G Orf good to be in contact again... will you manage Wengen this year after last year's break? The place isn't the same without you.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy