Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
FenlandSkier, Looks like that under great snow cover to me !

What a mythical/mystical place !

Never sure on this thread whether one is in the Garrick Club or Studio 54 .... but no denying the 'charm' and beauty....and those photos are to die for ..I assume Stab being how he is would never 'enter them' for the calendar ... can webfoot do it by proxy????
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris Brookes With the things I can make outside the house it's my idea of perfect, the actual region lets me down to be honest.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agenterre wrote:
FenlandSkier, Looks like that under great snow cover to me !

What a mythical/mystical place !

Never sure on this thread whether one is in the Garrick Club or Studio 54 .... but no denying the 'charm' and beauty....and those photos are to die for ..I assume Stab being how he is would never 'enter them' for the calendar ... can webfoot do it by proxy????

The pictures are heavily compressed and resized though. If there's anything you would like to see the original I'll pop a link up for it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stab, Unsure if you know about the 'calendar' but your photos should b right up there imho ...Im not totally sure of the 'how' but I'm sure Fenlandskier/webfoot will drop you a link /send a pm ....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agenterre, agreed, http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showgallery.php/cat/649 is the section for the nominations to go onto the snowHeads calender but you'll need to be quick as we can't be far off a closing date now.
stab, you'd need to register on http://www.snowmediazone.com (use the same details as for here to make it easy) and upload the photos to that category. We (the snowheads) then vote for the ones we want in the calendar. Xmas prezzies sorted for everyone then Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stab, do it ................now............lazy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab wrote:
Chris Brookes With the things I can make outside the house it's my idea of perfect, the actual region lets me down to be honest.

why does it let you down ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
OMG !! Looking at the Schilthorn cam its snowing pretty hard at the mo !! (so far over 70cms on the Schilthorn and 30 in the village)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Brookes, no mate that was yesterdays report, I reckon you can add at least another 15 to 20 cm in Murren onto that today wink

Oh and whilst I'm on the subject it looks as if it will be snowing there all day today and possibly untill tomorrow afternoon though the amount will drop off as the temps go down, it currently looks as if there could be a further 10 possibly as much as 20 cm more to come at resort level, that my friend is enough to start piste bashing.

The bad news is that currently the long range forecasts are showing significantly warmer temps for the last week in the month however that may (hopefully) change as we get closer to the time frame
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
OMFG it dumped, really dumped. I lost my rail and kicker, they are underneath it all somewhere.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 14-11-07 9:22; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stab, I did say it was going to snow last night and into today, I'd wait to dig out your rail and kicker until Thursday if I were you though, see my forecast above wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FenlandSkier wrote:
Agenterre, agreed, http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showgallery.php/cat/649 is the section for the nominations to go onto the snowHeads calender but you'll need to be quick as we can't be far off a closing date now.
stab, you'd need to register on http://www.snowmediazone.com (use the same details as for here to make it easy) and upload the photos to that category. We (the snowheads) then vote for the ones we want in the calendar. Xmas prezzies sorted for everyone then Very Happy

Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled I don't get it.

edit, ok registered, found some photos, uploaded them, page not found.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ok I figured it out, dumped a pile in the https://snowheads.com/the_zone/showphoto.php/showgallery.php?cat=649 place.

Wengen this morning
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I want to go skiing Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stab, can I just say how much I really, really, really hate you Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously though I think several of your pics are very calendar worthy
ski holidays
Laughing thanks.
I have 2 cameras, one takes really nice pictures but I don't have the charger for it, I ahem, found the camera. The other camera always seems to have a lot of noise in the pictures Sad

It's double dumping now, I've just polished the snow skate, sod going up today. Urban snow skating is where it's at Very Happy

edit: I know Chris Brookes loves the pictures so here is everything I uploaded, http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/search.php?searchid=572
This winter, last summer and a bit of last winter.
ski holidays
Wow nice pics Stab, very jealous. I've uploaded 4 pics for the Calendar as well now, thanks for the info FenlandSkier.
snow conditions
stab, Your pics are superb !
snow report
stab, Wow ,,, I'd forgotten how good some of your photos are ... Thanks.
snow report
stab, some great pics there and at least one should be in the calendar ...for sure.
latest report
Chris Brookes, funny the one that seems to be popular is the one I must have 50 different ones of taken throughout the year. That's what 7:30am looks like 3 or 4 weeks ago on scheidegg looking to grindelwald.
snow report
stab, well, its stunning m8

Just because you are now working doesnt mean you stop taking pics.....ok wink Laughing
snow conditions
won't be much worth taking pictures of there, I suppose the odd rear entry white plastic boot here and there.

I uploaded a few more, gonna stop now, I keep discovering folders with pictures I forgot about, it's endless.
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/search.php?searchid=577
snow report
D G Orf wrote:
stab, can I just say how much I really, really, really hate you Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously though I think several of your pics are very calendar worthy

Seconded.
latest report
OMG Shocked Shocked

60cm Murren / 100cm Schilthorn

ski holidays
Chris Brookes, seconded snowHead

First is at 115 cm, 55 down in Grindelwald....

Mannlichen/KS as usual a little less, but at 70 CM thats more then any moment in time last season.
snow report
Open on Saturday/Sunday, 17/18.11.2007:
-Grindelwald-First aerial cableway
-Oberjoch, Schilt, Grindel and Bärgelegg chairlifts and pistes and First-Schreckfeld piste
-First and Schreckfeld restaurants

-The Wengernalp and Jungfrau Railways
-Lauberhorn and Arven chairlifts and pistes
-Kleine Scheidegg Station Restaurant

-Schilthorn Aerial Cableway until Mürren and BLM Lauterbrunnen-Mürren
-Schiltgrat chairlift and pistes

The valley runs remain closed!

snow conditions
Chris Brookes, I don't know why but Murren seems to be posting snow data one day after everyone else so those appear to be yesterdays figures not todays Shocked

Reports for Wengen indicate at least 40cm in the village alone, this time last year it was grass except where the snowmaking was going on wink

The forecast indicates a definate warming after this weekend, but probably not by enough to significantly reduce the current snow levels, at least for next week, the following week may be warmer still with the definate possibility of a warm fohn wind blowing in, however just at the extreme end of the forecast arround the 1st of December it looks like there may be a change back to cooler weather, as always anything much beyond a week in forecasting can change
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ronald wrote:
The valley runs remain closed!

Translated to- The valley runs remain powder Very Happy

There is a stack of snow here now, way way more than the MSB if anyone was at that.
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
Chris Brookes, I don't know why but Murren seems to be posting snow data one day after everyone else so those appear to be yesterdays figures not todays Shocked

Judging the normal differences in received snowfall... Schilthorn might be over 150 now, with something like 90cm in the village. Think its maintenance weeks at Schilthornbahn, so probably not going to be much of a human observation.

Quote:

Reports for Wengen indicate at least 40cm in the village alone, this time last year it was grass except where the snowmaking was going on wink

What snowmaking Wink

Quote:

The forecast indicates a definate warming after this weekend, but probably not by enough to significantly reduce the current snow levels, at least for next week, the following week may be warmer still with the definate possibility of a warm fohn wind blowing in, however just at the extreme end of the forecast arround the 1st of December it looks like there may be a change back to cooler weather, as always anything much beyond a week in forecasting can change

rolling eyes lets hope the fohn won't be too bad... had enough fohn last year Wink
ski holidays
stab, Don't cheer too fast... They'll prolly drive the bashers up the racetrack/bumps runs to compact and harden the snowbase... Is what they did last year in the first week. Valley runs closed, but no powder between the markers.
ski holidays
Ronald wrote:
stab, Don't cheer too fast... They'll prolly drive the bashers up the racetrack/bumps runs to compact and harden the snowbase... Is what they did last year in the first week. Valley runs closed, but no powder between the markers.

yeah they do that all the time, drives me mad. Wixi will be closed but will be like riding over rocks.
Back of Lauberhorn down to the trees is what I'm after anyway but I think that needs some time for the snow to settle.
ski holidays
I would hate to be the ones doing the maintenance at Schilthornbahn this week Shocked
snow conditions
Chris Brookes, yeah not least of which is that I noticed it was -17C up there earlier today, brrrrr Shocked
ski holidays
oh my giddy aunt, I just had THE day of all days.
Hike from scheidegg to the summit of lauberhorn and let rip, continue to wengen. Opens tomorrow Very Happy
Monster photo session-

Blank canvas

Unbelievably I was higher than Murren Shocked

Yes I'm beautifull

The Mannlichen

yeah dude, like check out mah tracks on da right innit

Weird fine snow effect ting

Cannon doing the do on bumps

Teh Bumps, looks choppy but it's all soft Smile

I'm dead, bed early for me.
latest report
stab, Lovely pictures and that looks like an brilliant start to the season for you but can you keep some new stuff especially for us on the 8th March please snowHead Laughing
snow report
stab, I'm sooo jealous
snow conditions
Excellent pics yet again stab, are you selling those to the tourist board ? wink
snow report
admin, Can we bring the MSB forward to now? Toofy Grin
snow report
Smokin Joe wrote:
Excellent pics yet again stab, are you selling those to the tourist board ? wink

I'm not talking to the tourist board until I see a skatepark and some rails.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy