Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
What he didn't tell us he had time to take the pic cus he had to walk the alpweg Wink

stab, looks like quite enough snow for the opening next weekend!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stab, those will probably be the best conditions all season as once the course is prepped it will stay a sheet of ice until everything melts
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stab, excellent pic and first track of the season...nice one and still very jealous of you
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
That wasn't just good snow, it was awesome snow. Windpacked everywhere except for places that was just dry powder Very Happy
It was so windy up there today, that's why I couldn't come straight down the hundschopf, the top part of it was a bit too thin.

IMO there's tons of snow up there, I didn't bottom out once. A few places are stripped bare by the wind but that just needs pisting over. But i have heard it may not be open next weekend but the weekend after Sad I leave then Sad Sad

Once you hit Allmend (I gunned it straight down the sledge run after the decent bit of race track, I figured bumps may be good but I would definitely have to walk through the trees to Allmend) it turns wet and sticky, but you carry on moving Smile

Back up tomorrow Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have another picture to cheer your day up Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You make our days filled with jalousy Wink

(Good thing we can get back to you from that bench outside a certain sportshop)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab, You are SUCH a lucky b*stard!!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ronald wrote:
You make our days filled with jalousy Wink

(Good thing we can get back to you from that bench outside a certain sportshop)

Laughing indeed, I have to take everything I can get now, might not get another chance for a while once the season starts.

If it's any consolation this morning I feel like I've been raped by an ape.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Back up for more rapage then, stab snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just had a look and it's clouded out today, seems to be clearing up though. Now decisions decisions, do I go up again, risking a heart attack and more ape rapage or stay at home on the kicker and rail? Hmm.

I think there might be more people up there today as things don't stay quiet around here for long, didn't help that I told everyone who would listen what I did.

Just thought, there's always Oh God down to wixi then walk back to wengernalp, then train back up. Got to love my train pass Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf wrote:
By the way, my gut feeling is that this season is going to be a good one for Wengen as far as snow fall goes

Gonna be a good one for the bars also when the MSB arrives in town Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stab, you should get fairly good weather until late tuesday afternoon, expect perhaps a further 10cm of new snow overnight tuesday and well into wedneday, then by the looks of things more good days (but very cold) after thursday (when there's the chance of more light snow) until early next week, the long range forecasts at the moment indicate the possibility of further light snow from Next Monday for perhaps the whole of next week but I'd only give that as 50/50 until the weather patterns firm up, provisionally I'd say that unless there's a sudden warm snap that the start of the ski season in Wengen this year will be very good wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh by the way for everyone else I usually rekon that 30cm of snow at village level is enogh for them to start the piste bashers going, any less than that and the tracks go through the snow and churn up the ground beneath, currently Wengen has about 10cm of coverage so it needs a bit more yet and the likes of Kl Scheidegg have perhaps 30cm, I'd like to see 60cm up there before they piste it though for optimum conditions. Still it's a lot better than this time last year when as I recall there was about 0cm anywhere Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf, cool, happy with that. Didn't go up today, was too cloudy and I haven't got the energy to be honest.
It will only warm up if I start the 1/4 pipe, that's for sure, after last year I'm not risking it Laughing There is a bit of a thaw going on at the moment Sad

As long as my rail and kicker stays then I'm happy, been on it all most of the morning, having a pizza break now, hard life Very Happy

I remember you saying last year that you had friends that used to live near me, were they DHO by any chance?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stab, No they were staff at some of the hotels, by the way today should be the warmest day this week, I expect Friday to be bitterly cold (possibly as low as -10C in the village) so wrap up warm wink
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
[b]I expect Friday to be bitterly cold (possibly as low as -10C in the village) so wrap up warm wink

Or do more hiking Very Happy

Yay it's snowing again and they just cleared the road, now I have something to jump over Very Happy Off back outside.
latest report
stab, Are any of the snow guns in operation ? it must be cold enough at night
snow conditions
D G Orf wrote:
I'd say that unless there's a sudden warm snap that the start of the ski season in Wengen this year will be very good wink

Hej we had epic conditions the first skiday last year!!!
latest report
riverman wrote:
stab, Are any of the snow guns in operation ? it must be cold enough at night

nothing, I find that very strange. I'm sure it even gave me my migraine last week, all the stress of it.
ski holidays
stab, I expect there is a swiss law that says you cannot turn the snow guns on until the 1 st December
snow conditions
More likely is that they have a finite reserve of water to put through the snowcannon, last year with the poorish start to the season they were having to use them to lay down a good base (though I don't think they started till the end of November I could be wrong on that), this year the natural conditions seem to be providing a base so they may wait and see for now
snow report
the law is beginning of november here, I have pictures from 8th Nov last year and they were on.

The thing that is worrying me is I saw all the building work this summer and can still see the pipes lying on top of the ground instead of in the ground.
All the new permanent cannons on Lauberhorn are disconnected as far as I can make out Shocked and there are a lot of them Shocked Shocked I'm no snow cannon expert though, maybe they get connected through the concrete base or something

It looked like the one that goes on the race track around the bend from the hundschopf had been on at some point but hardly any output from it, normally it's a mini mountain by now. The section of the race track I did had no man made snow on it and I can see bumps from my house and they haven't gone on yet.
Water is less of an issue this year now they have the big ass reservoir up on fallboden, that thing is feeding everything on the scheidegg side now.
snow conditions
stab, as I recall from a couple of years ago the idea was to have the pipes and electrical supply completely buried which means that yes it would feed through the base. As for why thy're not running yet I'll pass on that Confused
snow conditions
great pics on the conditions...keep them coming
snow report
Hi where was the last picture taken from, also is the race track from scheidegg to wegen? its looking good iam coming over december 4th for 4 days cool
snow conditions
D G Orf wrote:
stab, as I recall from a couple of years ago the idea was to have the pipes and electrical supply completely buried which means that yes it would feed through the base. As for why thy're not running yet I'll pass on that Confused

yay the cannons are on Very Happy

The last picture is of the top of the lauberhorn lift, was a bit windy up there.
latest report
SF stating moderate dump tonight !!.................so *loody lucky
latest report
Chris Brookes, I already suggested that might be the case wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
First opening this coming weekend, Scheidegg the weekend after. No news on Mannlichen yet.

http://www.beo-news.ch/abns2007/nov2007/saisonstart%20first%2013.htm
snow conditions
D G Orf, Cue Song:
That Old Black Magic wink
snow report
stab, any more pics ??
ski holidays

Snowing fairly decently at the moment. Friday is my next day I'm going up Lauberhorn Very Happy
ski holidays
Have i told you how jealous i am of you lately ? Little Angel

It must be so quite up there and people free !!
latest report
Chris Brookes, yeah but I guess there's almost nowhere to stop for a beer on the way down Laughing
ski holidays
It's dead, I like it Very Happy Shame it will all be overrun with "skiers" soon Sad But I think I've worked a strategy out to get more people boarding this winter, it involves being a crap ski binding din thing setter upper and an excellent board setter upper Wink Go for the skis and wait an hour, or go for the board and be out in 5 minutes.

Yeah it's the perfect place to go on your own, I mean what could possibly go wrong? Laughing
latest report
stab, Amazing photos ... enjoy your season. I would be honoured to be allowed down 'your' Lauberhorn in march with you as my 'ski' instructor Toofy Grin .. Too old to do this properly but .......' ******* Kats' Embarassed
ski holidays
The drop-off from the start hut onto the snow looks a bit Shocked at the moment
snow report
FenlandSkier wrote:
The drop-off from the start hut onto the snow looks a bit Shocked at the moment

I wasn't there for the drop off Wink
snow conditions
stab, Just drop dead, will you! Twisted Evil No, of course I don't really mean that. Enjoy, dammit.
ski holidays
stab, joking aside ...you know that saying 'the grass is greener on the other side' do you wish you were somewhere else or is this your paradise ??
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy