Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region

Poster: A snowHead
stab, sorry mike ment stab
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stab, what a dump a !! Its amazing how it can change overnight...

keep the pics coming.....please
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris Brookes, That wasn't even overnight, on the way to work at 7am it was all green in town.

HAve a bandwidth bustin gif from the snowboard section
http://i15.tinypic.com/815qi4l.gif

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 10-11-07 8:56; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scheidegg today

The weather was so bad up there today I kept expecting to see elizabeth B's parents. Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lucky so & so's Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stab, crumbs......enjoy it tomorrow you bar steward
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stab, Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab, Ah but was I right about the 10cm of snow in Wengen with more higher up ? Looking at the pics and from experience I'd say maybe double that at Kl Scheidegg
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
D G Orf, Seems like you haven't lost your skills yet Wink

Snow forecast claims more this weekend, and another very decent indication tuesday night-wednesday morning.

Bit worried about the 1650m freezing level this night. Might rain in the village according to SF.

Does your experience agree with them ?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
D G Orf, yesterday it was drifting around like crazy up on scheidegg though, some places it's over knee deep, others are bare.
All my tracks from yesterday have gone this morning and it's snowing heavier as the morning goes on. Hard to tell how deep as it blew around here as well, maybe an average of 10-20 with more in other places.
Yesterday the roads were covered right down to town, you could have sledged down to town.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stab, Not suprising considering the pretty strong winds Wink

Tuesday should have less wind...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok let's see if I can still do this, right then for the next week there's a chance of snow every day though for Sunday it may rain in Wengen (it's very marginal) oh and until Wednesday there's a chance of strong winds in the area, Friday looks like being the coldest day for the next week, possibly up to 40cm of snow in the village over the next week, however if some falls as rain that will obviously go down and high winds will have the usual effect, at the moment the cold weather with snow looks like it might continue for at least the next 10 days but to be honest anything beyond 5 days is somewhat speculative.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
By the way, my gut feeling is that this season is going to be a good one for Wengen as far as snow fall goes
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
D G Orf wrote:
By the way, my gut feeling is that this season is going to be a good one for Wengen as far as snow fall goes

That's the only forecast I need to read Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FenlandSkier, agreed. Although I'm a bit gutted that I have to wait until March Sad
latest report
D G Orf, Erm, how are you reaching these conclusions from the south coast of England? Can you do the same for Davos/Klosters (second and third weeks in January) and Verbier (third week in March) pretty please? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Hurtle, sorry I can only do them for Wengen, I can't even do them for where I live, but I do seem to get the ones for Wengen generally right Confused
latest report
D G Orf wrote:

of course it will, it's going to be an epic winter, the kind of winter that comes around once every 100 years.

And you know how I know this? Because I will be working this year, that's how I know. Mad
snow report
D G Orf wrote:

You really are full of shoite ... no disrespect meant, but why does your gut say that, as opposed to anywhere else in the Alps ?
ski holidays
Agenterre, Thats a bit rude, D J ORF was not expressing a fact just a feeling, perhaps you dont have any feelings
latest report
Agenterre wrote:
D G Orf wrote:

You really are full of shoite ... no disrespect meant, but why does your gut say that, as opposed to anywhere else in the Alps ?

Maybe because he's been going there for years, and has formed an understanding of the local weather?

What's your problem? rolling eyes
ski holidays
riverman, I'm very rude ...feelings ??? Loads of them, as it happens .. snowHead I could quantify but unnecessary. I enjoy the factual reporting here , I don't like hypothesis and inference. Conversely ( in different threads ) there are appropriate emphases ... ( as usual not explained well!!)
ski holidays
Agenterre, If you had read the past 101 pages you would Know D G Orf more often then not predicts the weather in Wengen down to the exact centimeter of snow to fall. When the GFS models (used by for example snow-forecast.com) say Nill to fall, D G Orf has predicted large dumps, which actually came, and the oposite as well. You may or may not believe it, I don't care to be honest.

I firmly believe all the regulars of this thread will back and support D G Orf.

Don't make yourself look like a fool even more then you already did, thanks.
ski holidays
Agenterre, someone fell out the wrong side of the bed this morning rolling eyes rolling eyes ...........

As Ronald has stated above D G Orf has given numerous weather predictions relating to the JF region and all of them have been very accurate as factually posted on the previous 101 pages of this thread !
ski holidays
Yes, but the question is, if he doesn't believe the 'official' forecasts, and he's in this country, so he can't even use his eyes... HOW does he do it? D G Orf???
snow report
He explained it before in this thread. Boils down to lots of knowledge and experience of the local microclimate (he is about as close to furniture in Wengen as it gets) and actually using the atmospheric patterns shown by the forecasts...
snow report
Has anyone noticed how it snows a lot more at the top of bumps than anywhere else?

Anyhoo, still snowing, was raining earlier briefly, shoite me pants then I did.
snow report
The swiss farmers think its going to be a good winter and they are normally right. I can't wait to go skiing on the 27th December!!! but for the moment I will have to make do with XSCAPE in Castleford.

I have to take 22 13/14 year old girls there tomorrow, luckily 11 of them have never skiied before so on the slope i only have to keep an eye on the rest of them. The other 22 are doing the Climbzone. The joys of being a housemistress!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab wrote:
Has anyone noticed how it snows a lot more at the top of bumps than anywhere else?

Anyhoo, still snowing, was raining earlier briefly, shoite me pants then I did.

A bit of rain is ok this early in the season I reckon. Turns the early snow to cement and makes a good hard base Smile
ski holidays
well I hope it froze last night because I'm going to do the race track today Very Happy
ski holidays
Hurtle,
Quote:

Yes, but the question is, if he doesn't believe the 'official' forecasts, and he's in this country, so he can't even use his eyes... HOW does he do it? D G Orf???

I don't know how I do it I just know that in general I seem to get it right, Ronald, probably got it right, I seem to have an understanding of how particular weather conditions will effect the region which is how I manage to interpret the data more accurately than standard computer models. Cool

Of course it could just be that I'm lying and in reality God talks to me and tells me what he's going to dump on the Jungfrau.... Little Angel

Or perhaps I use black magic and keep a years supply of virgins ready to be sacrificed..... Twisted Evil

Agenterre, I'll leave it to you to decide just how I manage it, but as the regulars here have told you I do seem to get a more accurate record than pretty much anyone else, how you choose to believe that I manage that feat is up to you but the record speaks for itself Laughing
snow report
D G Orf, My money's on the black magic! wink
ski holidays
Alastair Pink, shhhhh wink
latest report
As the 1st person to do the race track for this season I hereby claim it as mine. Anybody wishing to use the race track this season must get permission signed off in triplicate.

I'll post some pictures when I get the smile off my face, that really was a top 5 run. Very Happy Lauberhorn start bar to wengen, 1st tracks the whole way down.
snow conditions
stab, It's not fair - I've got to wait till the MSB before I can get there!
ski holidays
yeah but you get to take the lift up, I had to walk. Quite possibly the toughest thing I did since, well since the last time I walked up.
ski holidays
stab, I have walked up in the Summer, did not carry a snowboard however !
snow report
Hundschopf anyone? Very Happy
snow conditions
Brilliant pix Stab - cheered me up on a dull day in London - thanks.
snow report
stab, Looks like nice snow
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy