Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

hELMET cAMERA

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey shootingmike, I think the digital stabiliser isnt great on it, its fine for shooting by hand but strapped to my let this way, it depends on the position i put it in and how tight i strap it too. But for the price, its not bad at all, just a mounting problem , if I can figure out a painless way to mount it better and higher, I'll do it.
This vid shows some skiing with it on my lower right leg propped on the top of the boot to get a slight angle pointing up which probably adds some shaking but gets a better view. It's still an experiment for me, I've only used it on 2 holidays so far. You will see some standing shots and some sped up and slow mo shots too.

http://youtube.com/v/_KMPVw4qUaw

Any ideas on improving it, let me know.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Brilliant, thanks very much for that! Seems pretty decent White balance, even when the sun shines directly towards you. Based on my footage from the zx1, I think it'd be worth upgrading as it is a lot less jerky than mine.
One thing I tried with some success was this - I screwed a small gorilla pod type thing in the bottom (which actually came free in a Christmas cracker!). I then skied, holding the pod thing at the same time as the handle on the ski pole if that makes sense. Basically, gripping the pod and the pole handle. I then set it recording, tweaked the angle a bit and set off. I'll see if I can do some uploading later.....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
earlyapex wrote:
Hi all, I use a kodak playsport, waterproof and 1/3 the price of a gopro or contour, no white balance problems with it and always perfect sound(no wind noise), strapped to the top of my ski boot. Picks up speech perfectly too.
It has a video screen to play back what you just filmed too. Cant fault the thing. I think there is a newer version now that adds dust proofing and shock proofing.

I strap it with a tunebelt smartphone armband.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tune-Belt-Armband-iPhone-Blackberry/dp/B002NL2WYQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318006360&sr=8-1-fkmr0&tag=amz07b-21
Took me a lot of searching to find something that would fit/work. Hope this helps save some dough.

Sounds too good to be true. Would be interested to see some footage from it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Errrrr.... That's some footage from it above! Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yep sorry, didn't realise the thread went on to a 2nd page when i wrote that
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
After seeing this thread, I went on the search again for something better fo mounting the playsport. Found it!
I bought this in Halfords (VELCRO®Brand Stretch Straps)
http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_200053_langId_-1_categoryId_212519

and connected it to the tunebelt armband I already had. Result is perfect, just like the new official kodak body strap,
http://shop.kodak.co.uk/store/ekconseu/en_GB/pd/Essential_Action_Mount__Body_Strap/productID.231069500

The picture on the guy is silly...

I would have just bought that but it didnt exist when I first got my tunebelt almost a year ago.
Anyway, my solution shows it can be done and could save someone trouble and money. Can't wait to try it now, chest mounted!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy