Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Xscape Castleford Ski test 2006-Reviews.

Poster: A snowHead
SnowHot, Ya kiddin' right?

If not, I've skied my missus' Burnin' Luv's & there's absolutely no comparison to the M11b5's. Let me know if you want me to be more specific.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helen Beaumont, I just remembered that Admin was selling a load of Elan skis off at the end of last season from someone he knew there, and asked if he could get hold of a set of them for me. The man has done the business again! Wink

Just trying to get some wonga together for them (the licensee in that Lloyds Bar at Castleford seems to have relieved me of a large chunk of my "disposable income" this week) Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can read the reviews that have been entered properly Here

You can enter your reviews properly Here

It's not exactly 'tidy' and there might even be the odd little bug in there as I've not had a chance to test it rigourously yet. There's a fair bit of tweaking I'd like to do yet but it's something to be going on with.
At least you can Enter, Edit, List and Read them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You lot were very conscientious. I tried loads of skis but can only remember the names of some and certainly not the lengths. Favorite skis were the Atomic Skiercross ones, by quite a way. If I was going to get another piste skis these would be right up there after I'd tried them in a resort. I think this was helped by their length suiting me as I felt quite a few of the skis were on the short side. Thought the Volkl AC3 were good. Couldn't wait to give the Nordica and Elan skis I tried back. Salomon 1080s were OK but I wouldn't rave about them. Didn't like the centrally mounted Atomic twin tips.

The ski test was great for making me realise how much I prefer a ski around 180cm. I had very little confidence that any of the skis I tried that were 175cm or less would hold the line I wanted them to, those 5-10 cm seem to make a big difference (cue obvious jokes).

Nick's Top Tip - when the nice girl asks you what DIN setting you want, don't just say, no matter how impatient you are, "Oh, don't very about that. It's not as if I'm going to fall over on that slope". This is what is known as tempting fate and will lead to much embarrassment, especially if you are doing your smart-back bottom skiing backwards thing, when one of said skis pre-releases and you end up doing your best bambi-on-ice impression, as you desperately try to save (what's left of) your dignity. The only saving grace might be that bad ski didn't career off down slope so at least you weren't responsible for someone getting hit. Which might, however, have been more acceptable if it had hit that irritating little poo-poo who kept by-passing the lift queue and who also skied into me at the bottom of the slope at one point.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nickski, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

There might be the odd little bug in there

As in: guess who is the only one you can see how old and heavy he is Embarassed Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Laughing It's not like that Frosty the Snowman: it's set up so that everyone can only edit their own reviews.

Although I can see how old and heavy everybody is wink

I think, the best idea might be to eventually detach usernames from the reviews but allow people to view the vital statistics of the reviewer instead as these are probably far more useful to most readers.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin, a good idea.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin, thanks! When are you going to post your reviews (I want to hear what you have to say about the Radicals!)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

It's not like that Frosty the Snowman: it's set up so that everyone can only edit their own reviews

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing [tosser] Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed .[/tosser]
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin, yes but they'll recognise it's either me or frosty by the weight Wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I want to hear what you have to say about the Radicals!)
Well they were free....groan.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Charlatanefc wrote:
admin, yes but they'll recognise it's either me or frosty by the weight Wink

How? You can only enter 3 digits. Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FenlandSkier, Well pardon us oh sylphlike one Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon wrote:

If not, I've skied my missus' Burnin' Luv's & there's absolutely no comparison to the M11b5's. Let me know if you want me to be more specific.

Okay, here's the deal.
I ski on Metron B5's (Fox is relentless about my ski choice) I have a real desire to get something totally different to include in my closet full of skis. I was thinking of giving a woman ski a try again(been a long time since I've demoed a womans ski) the K2Phat Luv came to mind, but Fox is convinced that I need to get the burnin luvs.

I realize that the B5 is different than the M11B5, but I assume they have some similarities. Puzzled
snow conditions
FenlandSkier, that one is stored in the locker, pal Wink
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:

Has your missus skiied the B5s? (cause you may be making a gender assumption about SnowHot)
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

Has your missus skiied the B5s? (cause you may be making a gender assumption about SnowHot)

When should I take part in this?
I'll follow your cue! wink
snow report
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Please can I just sit and wait for spyderjon's , embarrassment?
snow conditions
Well, I've filled in a few review forms but mostly can't remember what the names of a lot of the skis were, so if they were rubbish, (no rude comments please, eg, "Well, they'll match your skiing then" Evil or Very Mad ) I just forgot what they were called Embarassed . If I'd known there would be an exam later, I would have made notes rolling eyes .
snow report
maggi, Hi maggi! How was the hangover on sunday? Little Angel
ski holidays
Charlatanefc, Oh God, don't ask! Let's just say, no shopping, cooking or cleaning was done Shocked .

I'll probably never be allowed out with you lot again rolling eyes Laughing Laughing (Great night, though Cool )
latest report
Do you remember giving the doorman an earbashing when he wouldn't let me take a drink outside?
snow report
I don't remember much at all. Please let me know who I should be apologising to. And for what Shocked
snow report
maggi, well you could start with me, fenland skier, Nick_C and Nickski for kicking our back bottoms at tenpin bowling Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Reviews can now be reached via the snowBase menu above.
ski holidays
admin, any chance of a sort by kit?
ski holidays
comprex, just go to the "order by" at the top of the page, and change that to whatever you want!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SnowHot wrote:
spyderjon wrote:

Okay, here's the deal.
I ski on Metron B5's (Fox is relentless about my ski choice) I have a real desire to get something totally different to include in my closet full of skis. I was thinking of giving a woman ski a try again(been a long time since I've demoed a womans ski) the K2Phat Luv came to mind, but Fox is convinced that I need to get the burnin luvs.

I realize that the B5 is different than the M11B5, but I assume they have some similarities. Puzzled

They would both turn to mush if you stirred your coffee with them, not that i would stir my coffee with them or use them for anything other than rust attraction! NehNeh
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you could try FISHing with them - bet you'd catch a few dead salmon...
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, Shocked Shocked Your impressions of the SuperShapes Shocked Shocked It's extremely unlikely to make a bad skier look good, esp on a mountain! Laughing

But I guess there's not much scope other than to park n ride in Castleford! Razz
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you could try FISHing with them - bet you'd catch a few dead salmon...

Should that be salomon Puzzled
latest report
stocky, what is the difference between a wet fish and a Salomon ski?
snow conditions
comprex wrote:
admin, any chance of a sort by kit?
I will improve the structure/searchability of it as we go. For the moment, as WTFH points out, there's an 'Order by' field topleft where you can select any of the table columns and order ascending or descending. The 'Kit' Column on the table is made up of Manufacturer and Model
ski holidays
veeeight, maybe they have made the new version duller than the old one, but in my opinion, and comparing them to the other skis I tested, that was how they felt. And no, it wasn't a case of park n ride, cause I was able to spot the good skis as well!
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, exactly
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, Well there we are then!

Just so you know, your old skis (iXRC1100SW) is now the SuperShape Speed, and the XRC1200i's you tested are a completely new ski & construction for this year.
snow conditions
veeeight, strange, cause they felt very similar!
snow conditions
Pretty good bunch of reviews within the confines of a test at a Snowdome. Not sure what you'd get out of it but at least you know more about what skis you'd think of trying on the big hill.

I'd be inclined to do the same if the session was at MK
ski holidays
Michelle wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Please can I just sit and wait for spyderjon's , embarrassment?

Laughing

snowhot, sorry re the gender slip Embarassed Do you post on Epic as I seem to remember reading about a svelte member of the fairer sex loving the b5's Cool. What length b5 are you on & do you have the bindings set to the forward position?

As your b5's are awesome on piste & off in depths up to knee depth I would have thought that you'd want a deep powder ski. A b5 user will like the Suger Daddy & if you mount it with Neox bindings you can play around with the fore/aft binding position to get the balance right - which is effectively what K2 have done with their T9 Luv range by mounting the bindings further forward to suit the female COM, although you can't slide them forward & back at will like the Neox's.

You'll have to figure out the correct length yourself as there's no way I'm asking your height/weight wink.

There's some great bargains to be had as Atomic still have some older model Sugar Daddy's available with the earlier CR412 bindings which are still fore/aft adjustable. I bought a brand new 03/04 pair for £199 including bindings.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy