Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sestiere or Canazei or… at Christmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
DaveD wrote:
@Bella2015, found this https://www.inghams.co.uk/ski-holidays/ski-resorts/italy/the-dolomites-ski-area/val-di-fassa-canazei-campitello-alba-penia/hotel-villa-rosella-penia

Nice! Spitting distance to the Alba lifts! Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The problem if you go to the Dolomites is that all the other Itlaian resorts feel rubbish afterwards! Apart from the great lift system and extensive snowmaking if needed, the mountian huts are much better in terms of food, atmosphere and most are table service which is defiinitely a plus (and not necessarily more expensive to eat either).

When we had friends in lessons with us a few years ago we did Dri Zinnen/ San Candido. Its off the main Dolomiti Superski (so cheaper) but you do need to get a morning bus to main ski area. Area wasn't huge but we had to return to meet people from ski school anyway at lunch so couldn't be that far away. Also got the train along to ski Kronplatz one day (also on same pass). Although we didn't do it there is also a bus to Cortina for the day too I think. It at leaast had all the good mountain huts and decent lift system of the dolomiti superski (unlike I discovered at Sauze/ Sestriere last year!).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@MCL, My first Italian ski holiday was at Sauze and I thought its was brilliant! (following a couple of years on the Cairngorm...)

Then I went to San Cassiano........ : the rest is history.......

I did go back to Sauze several years later and there was NO snow (just artificial on the Clotes slope) ; never again (but I would go to Sestriere if I was on a budget)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ok after much deliberation… and considering all options… we have booked last available apartments for the week in.. Cervinia..will have to leave my dolomites dream to another time when hopefully l won’t be constrained by school holiday prices ( working on grandparents to agree to having the kids for a week one day)
Cervinia should meet our needs so looking forward to it!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You got your first choice! Enjoy! snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Bella2015, If the weather gods are with you, Cervinia is great. I'm a fan. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@luigi, @Mollerski, thank you, will start praying to the weather gods! Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy