Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 valleys lift price hike 2024/25

Poster: A snowHead
€396 for 3V is still value comparatively to other resorts in the area. Hands down it is the best ski area, offers the best variety of ski and stay options and has the best lift infrastructure. When you break it down to €65 a day - what else can you do for 8 hours for €65 that compares with skiing in the 3V.

Appreciate costs for families go up a fair bit but if the 3V was significantly higher than its rival resorts then fair enough. But it isn’t so still value IMO.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
we've been skiing in the 3 valleys at least once, sometimes twice a season for the last 10 years

this year the ski pass is 1450 Euros or thereabouts for our family of 4

accommodation for a week is 3000 Euros (I know we could do this cheaper, but the standard of French accommodation is very poor. spending less = an apartment that was last updated in 1976....)

travel to get there + ski hire + food while you are there (again, could self cater but.....) = Eur 2500

its easily a 7000+ euros touch for a week's skiing now. has never been a cheap holiday but it is starting to become too much unfortunately
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@JONR, and yet you are still going Laughing

Not being mean but it's like many things. If it becomes too much, bookings will fall and prices will drop.

There is another thread on here about small resorts closing, partly for climate/lack of snow reasons but it's also mentioned people would rather go to the bigger ski areas. So demand is clearly increasing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
JONR wrote:
we've been skiing in the 3 valleys at least once, sometimes twice a season for the last 10 years

accommodation for a week is 3000 Euros (I know we could do this cheaper, but the standard of French accommodation is very poor. spending less = an apartment that was last updated in 1976....)

travel to get there + ski hire + food while you are there (again, could self cater but.....) = Eur 2500

its easily a 7000+ euros touch for a week's skiing now. has never been a cheap holiday but it is starting to become too much unfortunately

I love 3V too. I've now adjusted for the huge post-2020 cost hikes in The Alps (for example, the hotel we love in Austria doesn't shy away from a 20% increase every winter and the excellent taxi transfer business hiked its rates by 50% overnight), by opening my mind to other ski options. Completely open my minded about choice of country, village, dates, package or independent travel, use of local trains too. A research clean slate. There's still decent value out there, saving £1,000's per trip and we're skiing in great new locations.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow&skifan wrote:
JONR wrote:

I love 3V too. I've now adjusted for the huge post-2020 cost hikes in The Alps (for example, the hotel we love in Austria doesn't shy away from a 20% increase every winter and the excellent taxi transfer business hiked its rates by 50% overnight), by opening my mind to other ski options. Completely open my minded about choice of country, village, dates, package or independent travel, use of local trains too. A research clean slate. There's still decent value out there, saving £1,000's per trip and we're skiing in great new locations.

Totally agree, lots of places, even in France, that offer great skiing at much more sensible pricing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Totally agree, lots of places, even in France, that offer great skiing at much more sensible pricing.

I'm doing 2 weeks in chamonix this year, and it's coming in about £1600. So even at a more "popular" resort it's possible to do something a lot more affordable.

Will be spending two months in Kyrgyzstan before that, which will be less than £1000 all in. But will be almost all ski touring.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@JONR, where will you be based?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andmelffion wrote:

I think you need to be careful you are not comparing apples and oranges here.

I have just booked an apartment for 4 people for Christmas week in Paradiski for 650 Euros and 6.5 lift pass for 360 Euros per person.

I've been to La Norma and Les Contamines when the kids were younger and it is cheaper but they are smaller ski areas - and therefore less scope for all dayer adults for a week.

So "sensible pricing" can be a misnomer.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
650 Euros for the whole apartment or each?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@blahblahblah, whole apartment
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nice!! very good value.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
People complaining about paying £55 a day to ski across four valleys using world class infrastructure is absolutely crazy to me! I'll be in the 3V in January enjoying every minute without complaint!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thomasski wrote:
People complaining about paying £55 a day to ski across four valleys using world class infrastructure is absolutely crazy to me! I'll be in the 3V in January enjoying every minute without complaint!

It's the speed of rampup that alarms many.

Prices in recent years have been spiking way beyond normal inflation.

Smacks of profiteering and gentrification.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitegold wrote:
Thomasski wrote:

Across the board, we're paying more for everything - I don't see why it's surprising that a rise in all the associated costs involved in running a ski resort have resulted in more expensive lift passes.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thomasski wrote:
Whitegold wrote:
Thomasski wrote:

Across the board, we're paying more for everything - I don't see why it's surprising that a rise in all the associated costs involved in running a ski resort have resulted in more expensive lift passes.

We’ve experienced 20% year on year inflation in some Alpine ski holiday costs since the pandemic, in one case a 50% hike. This can’t be explained by increased payroll and electricity costs.

Probably a combination of that, plus recouping lockdowns losses and they can get away with it from inelastic high demand from the wealthier in western Europe. A load of people with money want to ski/slide in one range of mountains over just four months.

In the mid 90’s we were paying £50 a week for ski rental, £100 for 6 days lift pass, in smaller resorts. Those were the days, but we didn’t know it at the time Cool .

But there’s nothing to be gained from complaining. Instead, companies such as Crystal still have some decent deals, whilst independent travel opens a host of affordable skiing opportunities.
snow report
Snow&skifan wrote:
We’ve experienced 20% year on year inflation in some Alpine ski holiday costs since the pandemic, in one case a 50% hike. This can’t be explained by increased payroll and electricity costs.

No not just payroll and electricity; insurance, increased cost of investment (interest rates, lower tolerance to risk), more and more bureaucracy every year needing analytics/admin/management/consultancies, the cost of food, environmental expectations, unpredictable weather on the increase.

I for one am amazed it's not increased more.

You can still get cheap ski hire if you put some effort into it. You can get 30-60% discounts with skiset and intersport thought the season if you look in the right places.

Accomodation is the increase that I've found doesn't correlate, but people want a return on their investment in trying times so I can't blame them, they asked the question and the market answered.
snow report
Hasn’t the exchange rate work in the £ favour more than offsetting the price hike ?
latest report
alti - dude wrote:
Hasn’t the exchange rate work in the £ favour more than offsetting the price hike ?

The £ Euro exchange rate hasn't moved much since before the Brexit referendum.
Pre-2016 it was around £1=1.25/1.30 Euros
Since it has been typically around £1 = 1.12/1.18 euros
It has also at one time dropped to around £1 = 1.05 Euro

So I'd say no is the answer to your question!
snow report
JDL65 wrote:
alti - dude wrote:

We’re getting €1.2 to a GBP.

There was a golden period 15 years before Brexit of €1.45 to a GBP.
latest report
Snow&skifan wrote:
JDL65 wrote:
alti - dude wrote:

Yes, in the last 6 weeks or so it has picked up to 1.20, but hasn't really been at that level for the rest of the year.
snow report
JDL65 wrote:
Snow&skifan wrote:
JDL65 wrote:
alti - dude wrote:

Yes, in the last 6 weeks or so it has picked up to 1.20, but hasn't really been at that level for the rest of the year.

What rate were getting last winter? €1.17 on our card.
snow report
boarder2020 wrote:
@blahblahblah, going rate in kyrgyzstan. Last year $100 per day for a seat guided cat skiing or same price for a private snowmobile with driver. If you don't need the guide snowmobile is obviously faster and never waiting for others, simply get to the bottom jump back on on and tell him where to go next. Like I say I did over 9000m very in a day and mostly untracked powder. Easily best day I've ever had on snow.

Quote:

I agree. Day-ticket prices are becoming very steep!

N American model coming to Europe?

I was thinking that. Still a ways to go before you get to North America single or multi day pass pricing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy