Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is Campitello/Val di Fassa snow sure in December?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
About 15 minutes from lift to lift. about 3 lines go there (1,2 & 5). You can get the full timetable from Val di Fassa website but at the moment it is the 23/24 timetable on there
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Motherofthree, worth pointing out that the ski area at Passo San Pelegrino is lovely too, and worth a day out on the bus in my opinion.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Motherofthree wrote:
@luigi, Thanks very much for this info, it is very helpful. I think we will indeed buy the bus pass and perhaps go to Alba in the mornings. How long approximately does the bus journey take from Campitello to Alba? It looks like we would need to ski down to Canazei and take the bus back from there to Campitello, unless we take the cable car down to Campitello at the end of the day.

Bus timetables can be found at https://www.skibusvaldifassa.it/en/lines. Depending on where you are in Campitello appears to take about 15 minutes. We stayed in Campitello in mid march this year and on the days when we got the gondola we were in either the 2nd or 3rd one up (so in the 10 to 15 minute range) we arrived at around 8:20. Didn't use the bus at all as we had a car which allowed us to explore other nearby areas such as San Pellegrino/Alpe Lusia.

Which lift to get probably depends on what you plan for the day: if heading towards Selva then go up the local Gondola, if heading towards Arraba then uploading via Alba may well be the better option.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Parf, @swskier, @Gogs, Thanks!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Motherofthree wrote:
@DaveD, Thanks for your advice. I don't like lift queues either, but also don't like taking the ski bus unless I have to...

Then you've possibly chosen the wrong village. With one lift and its lonely position at the end of the valley, Campitello is the most bus reliant, lift queue likely resort of all the villages on the Sella Ronda.

It may look better value than the others, but there's a reason why it's cheaper.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mollerski, I see, that explains why Campitello is so affordable then. At least we got a bargain with Crystal Ski.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Motherofthree wrote:
@Mollerski, I see, that explains why Campitello is so affordable then. At least we got a bargain with Crystal Ski.

That's about it. Madeye-Smiley See you in Selva next year. Razz
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Motherofthree wrote:

I'm sure you'll have a great time armed with the advice you got on here! snowHead

I've not had an issue coming down the Campitello cablecar at the end of skiing day. I guess the numbers are more spread out.

Others have said they have encountered queues to download, but you can always have an apres drink at the Rifugio des Alpes before heading down...

snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mollerski wrote:
Motherofthree wrote:
@DaveD, Thanks for your advice. I don't like lift queues either, but also don't like taking the ski bus unless I have to...

Then you've possibly chosen the wrong village. With one lift and its lonely position at the end of the valley, Campitello is the most bus reliant, lift queue likely resort of all the villages on the Sella Ronda.

It may look better value than the others, but there's a reason why it's cheaper.

It is good value but it is not at the end of the valley but right in the middle ...its position ..and the bus service.. gives it a central position to ski more of the Dolomiti Superski than you could elswhere ...if you stop in Canazei you have the bubble and another gondola before you can go anywhere ..the bus service allows skiiing up and down the valley up to Alba and down to Moena where the Passo San Pelegrino has a great area ...as well as getting on the Sella from the Col Rodella
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@luigi, What a beautiful photo! Thanks for the info, interesting to hear that you have not had a problem coming down the Campitello cable car at the end of the day. Someone else in this thread said the queues to come down at the end of the day can be long.

@DaveD, Thanks for the info, sounds good to me, as long as there is some natural snow by Christmas!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Motherofthree wrote:
@luigi, What a beautiful photo! Thanks for the info, interesting to hear that you have not had a problem coming down the Campitello cable car at the end of the day. Someone else in this thread said the queues to come down at the end of the day can be long.

He may have more experience than me. I've only used it a few times and it's been a while. Also, you are going at a very busy time. You'll have to play it by ear.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy