Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help 2 ladies chamonix or other??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@CathS, I think that's very fair.

The buses at the start of last season were apparently an absolute nightmare. Bad management and appalling staff comms. (Well, that was the excuse rolling eyes ). I heard better things after the Feb holidays.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the worst bus journey I ever had was the last bus back back from Les Houches on a white-out day when half the valley seemed to have gone there. It had escape from Saigon vibes…
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think the takehome from the above for @Yellowbean37 is that Chamonix is a different type of resort from most others in France (or elsewhere). It is in many ways iconic and has some fierce protagonists here - but the question is whether it is ideal for a first visit to be a long weekend, when the object is apres as much as the skiing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chamonix apres is very much a, download/commute back to the town before any apres can really begin. If that’s your thing then it’s a great location.

I prefer slope apres after a great days skiing with some ski watching while the beers start flowing!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
andy from embsay wrote:
I think the worst bus journey I ever had was the last bus back back from Les Houches on a white-out day when half the valley seemed to have gone there. It had escape from Saigon vibes…

Laughing

I've had better bus journeys travelling 3rd Class round India than some of the rides last January in Cham. And I was told then that it was operating on a revamped and improved timetable! God knows what it must have been like before.

Some horrible, aggressive scrums to get on already over-loaded buses, and shamefully people not giving up seats for local elders etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy