Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes (and Tignes-Val D'Isere) 2024/5. Useful Links Page 1.

Poster: A snowHead
vegas007 wrote:
Anyone know what happened to the the stainless steel Winter Olympics torch by the Palafour?

Sent to Paris?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
Anyone know what happened to the stainless steel Winter Olympics torch by the Palafour?
Can't say I've ever noticed one of those next to the mogul slope in Val Claret - but I spotted one there last week.

Is it the one from Palafour? Or have I just somehow never noticed the Val Claret version previously Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bobski62, would you mind dm’ing me please. I’ve done Indigo Neo in Golf the last two years and not received any request for Taxe Fonciere/car docs. Could you forward me the link, if there is one from noreply.fr@parkindigo.com?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sent last night...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have the price of the ski passes gone up e66 for an adult for one week? I was sure it was e360 last year for the adults and e330 for kids over 8?
Website seems to be saying e426 now fpr an adult one week pass?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@mullins, I've just had a look at the Tignes site.

it does appear to be e426 as you say. But it says 6=7 days. ie, pay for 6 days and get a 7th free. Unfortunately, I expect very few people who are in the resort for a week's holiday will be able to cram in 7 days skiing.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@GeorgeVII

Last year it was 6 days =7 days as well.
I did make an error however. Last year it was e336 for a child and e396 for an adult (and not e360).
The e400 mark is a psychological line that jumped out to me...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mullins,
Quote:

The e400 mark is a psychological line that jumped out to me...

Agreed. It makes my pensioner season pass look like an absolute steal. Shocked Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@GeorgeVII

They had a family discount last year as well. Just had a snoop around the website. Explanation was not jumping out at me, but seems they have it this year as well... not very clear/explicit if that is pro-rated, as I assume the discount on 15 day pass would be higher than a 7 day pass...

"◈ What are the terms and conditions of the 8-18 years commercial offer ?

This offer entitles you to a discount of 280 euros on 6 to 15-day ski passes.
To take advantage of this offer, 3 conditions must be met :

Simultaneous purchase of 4 or more packages at the public rate, with at least 2 children (aged 8-18 ) and 2 adults (aged 19-64).

Packages of the same duration (from 6 to 13 days)

Packages with same validity"
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Extremophile wrote:
Any Tignes owners had the owners scheme membership renewal email yet?? Only ask as the last couple of years we’ve not been getting them so want to be ‘on it’ this year. Had the one asking me to update my contact details so hoping the membership renewal will be coming in the next week or so - fingers crossed.

Got my email earlier this week, all signed up, and registered my docs with indigo. Cant wait for the car park madness in a few days Skullie
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Extremophile, Interesting, I have received no e mails from the Props scheme or Indigo. But some folks were reporting they could join the Props scheme on Tuesday. Mine didn't become live to subscribe until yesterday - duly done, having worked out I needed the new Premium membership rather then Club. I have also registered with Indinogo, bit different to last year in that I didn't have to nominate a car park - but I now have a right in one of 12 carparks. Guess we'll see on the 14th where we can actually book. I would prefer Lac 2 to 1 as its warmer and nearer to Chez Chocks!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chocksaway wrote:
@Extremophile, Interesting, I have received no e mails from the Props scheme or Indigo. But some folks were reporting they could join the Props scheme on Tuesday. Mine didn't become live to subscribe until yesterday - duly done, having worked out I needed the new Premium membership rather then Club. I have also registered with Indinogo, bit different to last year in that I didn't have to nominate a car park - but I now have a right in one of 12 carparks. Guess we'll see on the 14th where we can actually book. I would prefer Lac 2 to 1 as its warmer and nearer to Chez Chocks!

I didnt get anything from indigo either. Once i got the props email i just went along and submitted my docs, now validated ready for the purchase. I got it a bit wrong last year and it was actually quite stressful trying to straighten it all out, so i really didnt want to be in that boat again. Now just got to wait for the sale to go live, and the season passes to become available.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No props email at all but ability to register (Premium required not Club - that’s new isn’t it?) opened up on the Vos Biens page. Done
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Grinning, Yeah, caused a bit of confusion!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A chum has just been out walking his hound and reports much work going on with heavy machinery on the Col du Ves chair. So, hopefully it will reopen this season.
ski holidays
chockaway How long has the Col de Ves chair been closed? I was in Val/Tignes for two separate weeks last season and it was closed both times. It was 2021 the last time I was in Val/Tignes before that and from memory it was running then some days.
ski holidays
@Markscotski, There was a major mechanical issue last season, I can’t remember exactly when, but I think it was in March.

Historically, it’s about the last lift to open after a snowfall, because of it’s uplift capability (limited) and the amount of controlling that has to be done.
snow report
@chocksaway thank you for the info, yes it was mid March and mod April I was in Val last season and Col de Ves was not running any time we were in Tignes these two weeks. When running it gives access to some decent lift served off piste.
latest report
Does anyone have any recommendations for companies/sites to try for self-catering accommodation for a Sunday-Sunday self-drive trip to Tignes in January? Have tried Airbnb, Vrbo, Chalets Direct, Chalet Finder and a few others. There are a few options but most are Sat-Sat.
ski holidays
@gaz_ball,
peakretreats.co.uk
tignes.co.uk
tignes-spirit.com
snow report
@gaz_ball, Check the links on page 1.
snow conditions
Apparently members of the owners scheme will be able to buy their discounted (20%) season passes from 15 November.
ski holidays
Ski lots wrote:
Apparently members of the owners scheme will be able to buy their discounted (20%) season passes from 15 November.

Thanks - does the ski pass show up in your “advantages” yet? I can see Parking and Escade etc but not the ski pass one (yet) - cheers Very Happy
snow report
@Grinning, Not yet, IIRC the 2 codes will appear in the advantages eventually as they are individual I guess someone has to type them in!
ski holidays
@gaz_ball, Try booking.com.
Currently showing 94 apartments from Sunday12th to 19th January for 2 people.
snow conditions
@Grinning, as @Chocksaway says it will eventually appear - on 15/11. Mrs SL had emailed the authorities as the ski pass advantage was not showing up (unlike the other less popular advantages) and that was the response.
latest report
@chocksaway, @Ski lots, Thanks for the feedback. Fingers crossed.
snow report
Did Hurricane Kirk drop any snow does anyone know? Seeing some places in France got 1 metre of snow, but may only be above 3,000 metres?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
La Queue de Cochon planning on opening this year?
ski holidays
Quick question regarding early March, how busy (piste and chair related) is the resort then?
I know it's the last week of school hols and I've always arrived to Tignes in December or mid April, fancy a change this time so Sache, Face etc. and the other blacks will still be open.
Mid March is also possible if first week will be too busy of course.
snow conditions
@sbooker, Believe so!

@drporat, 1-8 Mar will be busy, there’s only one Zone on holiday but it’s the Zone that includes Grenoble and Lyon, so lots of locals. It’s for that reason I’m returning late that week.
latest report
@chocksaway, thanks for the input.
What are the chances (based on previous years ) for epaule face sache to stay open mid March?
It's just that in mid December they are not open yet and for Easter they are closed due to avalanche risk or lack of snow coverage
ski holidays
@drporat, Looking at my photo albums - very good! I have just looked at some knee deep fresh taken off piste in Vallon de La Sache on 2 April 24.

Epaule de Charvet will be the first, generally, to fall into the less than optimal category as it catches the sun for quite a long time in mid- late March.
latest report
In the past, people on this forum have asked about the dates and locations of Bourses aux Skis within a reasonable distance of Tignes / Val d'Isere. A Bourse aux Skis is a kind of 'bring and buy' sale of new and secondhand equipment. These are held throughout Savoie in the autumn.

From the current listing, the closest this autumn will be in Bourg St Maurice, 23rd/24th November:

https://www.hautetarentaise.fr/agenda/29740/2615-bourse-aux-skis.htm

There is usually also one in Seez - reputedly more popular - but I've not seen the dates yet. I'll check with my landlady as she is usually involved in its organisation. Others are also available, here is a list for Savoie and Haute Savoie along with an explanation of how they work, in French only (google is your friend).

https://www.alti-mag.com/alti-actus/alpes-dates-bourses-aux-skis-2024

Happy bargain hunting!
snow report
Good as gold, my landlady got straight back: Seez is the week before. The info is on a general community website (https://seez.fr/) , but here is a poster for it:

https://static.apidae-tourisme.com/filestore/objets-touristiques/images/54/134/25527862.jpg
latest report
@bobski62, Don’t you just love a “stand de fartage”?
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
@bobski62, Don’t you just love a “stand de fartage”?

... I don't think I'll be able to resist!
ski holidays
The Owners Scheme bunfight for parking has started. All paid up!
ski holidays
@chocksaway, Got mine - Golf - woop!

Glad to almost be sewn up, just ski passes, insurance, and ferries/hotel/Annual pilgrimage to Buff grill to book.
snow report
I thought I'd tweak the parking info now that Tignes and Val d'Isere are open for business (with the exception of holiday parking in Tignes) and while checking the links, saw that Val are encouraging folk to park in Bourg (they must have read my parking info on snowheads last year!). The good news is that they have negotiated a special deal with Taxis Bozzetto: 15€ for a single trip between Val and the Alpins car park in Bourg.

But the main reason for the post is that it reminded me of a rather sweet film I chanced upon on youtube, presented by Taxis Bozzetto. In the opening sequences, the lorry is being driven by the original Monsieur F Bozzetto. Filmed in 1953 and gives a remarkable view of Tignes and Val d'Isere from back then. Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/v/4hQu4a0Wysk
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy