Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting to Livigno

Poster: A snowHead
Seefeld, Serfaus- Fiss
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zillertal ( flying into Munich then train).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Twoldskiing wrote:
Where do each of you recommend (just the name only, no blurb) for a trip, cost effective, easy to get to, good easy skiing and no Snowjoe WKers. Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!

I'd say get a Skoda Octavia estate, lots of space in the boot and it's a good comfortable car wink snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flachau/Ski Amade
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What's a Snowjoe?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@SnoodyMcFlude, if the OP has concerns because of hip replacement i wouldn't say Flachau. Too busy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd be thinking Italy, Dolomites maybe? Or monterosa? Monterosa will be quiet and is mostly pretty straightforward and immaculately groomed. Easy transfers from Turin or Milan.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Where do each of you recommend (just the name only, no blurb

Les Saisies. But I'm also going to offer some friendly, albeit unsolicited, advice about Snowheads. Between us we do know quite a lot, have skied just about just about everywhere, have plenty of hip replacements, and range in ski ability from beginner to really rather good. The reason we're here is because we like to chat about skiing and genuinely enjoy helping people who don't know the scene so well to plan brilliant holidays and hearing from them afterwards about how they got on.

You will get more out of this forum if you go along with that philosophy, take the helpful advice, along with the less helpful, in the spirit in which it is freely given than if you start getting all arsey about what you are prepared to waste your precious time reading.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Origen, whilst I don't disagree with what you say, I too get irritated sometimes by unsolicited homilies when I've asked a very specific question and am looking for an equally specific response.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
admin wrote:
What's a Snowjoe?
I was wondering that, but didn't dare ask. Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
When joining a new group of people, whether a real, in-person, one or an online forum, it's good sense, and basic courtesy, to just take a moment to get a feel for how it works before starting to lay down rules which others must follow. And also, perhaps, to be prepared to make some effort to "introduce yourself" share something of what you are after, as most people coming along to ask advice for their holidays do.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Origen, I wasn't trying to defend the OP's approach.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Origen wrote:

You will get more out of this forum if you go along with that philosophy, take the helpful advice, along with the less helpful, in the spirit in which it is freely given than if you start getting all arsey about what you are prepared to waste your precious time reading.

Though to be fair it's also good entertainment when people do get arsey and insist on their preconceived idea being the only approach.

IMV hip replacements aren't that big a deal. My mum skied quite happily after her first though be did get her impact shorts for a bit of reassurance ( probably not a bad idea for potential ostopenia risks all round).

And virtually the whole of Italy is designed around flattering cruise runs along with a fair bit of Austria.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Twoldskiing wrote:
@under a new name, cheers, your round ?
I'll have a Dark and Stormy thanks Eh oh!

Dark and Stormy - I wouldn't have one of them if I were you, have you tried an Old Fashioned? Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Twoldskiing, acouple ofquestions that might make
anwering easier...
Which airports (other than those already mentioned) are convenient for both you and your UK family?
What do you think you require from a ski resort to make it suitable post hip op.
snow conditions
We went to Livigno last March, but on a package with Inghams. The transfer from Innsbruck wasn’t bad at all, took around 3 hours door to door, but obviously we wasn’t using public transport.

We loved it Livigno, the snow was great, everywhere was white. And this was a time when most other resorts in the Alps were struggling for snow. The food was great, it was probably the cheapest place we’ve skied in Europe and the town was lively.

The skiing itself was good, a bit fragmented getting to the two different areas, and you definitely ski it all out in a week. But we will defo return one day, especially if we’re looking to do a cheaper holiday.
snow conditions
@adithorp, we have decided to fly into Milan now. Our fam is flying into Zurich from the UK.
Don't require anything much just intermediate runs for a weeks trip. I just wanted info on transfers really.
ski holidays
@admin, Slang for a selfish person on the slopes
ski holidays
Twoldskiing wrote:
@adithorp, we have decided to fly into Milan now. Our fam is flying into Zurich from the UK.
Don't require anything much just intermediate runs for a weeks trip. I just wanted info on transfers really.

Hopefully Livigno Express have something that fits with your timings.

https://www.livignoexpress.com/en/

FWIW, I've considered Livigno as a destination. If you're there a week, the extra couple of hours or so on the transfer compared to other resorts aren't a big deal, esp if you've already flown nearly halfway round the World.

I probably would prefer to visit in March as it does have a reputation for being deeply cold in midwinter, due to altitude and inner alpine location. They call it Piccolo Tibet (Little Tibet) in Italy, so bring some layers! Skullie

Have great fun on your trip! snowHead
snow conditions
@luigi, When we skied Canada it was cold as. So yes, layer we will! Thanks for the tips but we are locked in for the travel time due to business commitments etc. A nice old fashioned at the end of a run will keep us warm too.@dunc999,
ski holidays
@Twoldskiing, it's a deep valley surrounded on all sides by 3000m peaks, so the cold tends to sink into it in the typical sunny settled winter weather. -20C mornings are very common in town in January, but there's often a temperature inversion where it might be -10C or so at 3000m. It usually warms up a good bit by lunchtime. It's rare to get Canadian style ultra low temps all day.

The cold is one of the main attractions for me. Ice and slush are very rare and after snowfalls the powder tends to be great quality and hangs around for ages. It's less prone to rain and wild weather than northern and western areas of the alps, though gets a bit less total snowfall on average (but a lot more than the dolomites). It's a very safe bet if you're travelling a long way.
ski holidays
Twoldskiing wrote:
...A nice old fashioned at the end of a run will keep us warm too.@dunc999,

The tax free prices will help with that. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy