Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Options April 2025

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Rh2205, personally I'd not be going to Flaine at that time of the year, IMHO. It's a low area, lots of the skiing is below Flaine, down to 700/800m and that all shuts 13th April so will be in closing down mode the week before. Flaine is a bowl at 1600m with skiing up to 2480m.

Compare to Tignes which is at 2100m with skiing up to 3456m and lots accessible over 1800m
Or La Tania which is 1400m with all the skiing above that, lots over 1800m from Courchevel up and up to 3000m in Val Thorens.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We were in the Forum both times and it was ideal with kids.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
some friends stayed here last Easter and said it was very good, they didn't have young kids though!

https://www.crystalski.co.uk/ski-holidays/packages?airports%5B%5D=&units%5B%5D=023549%3AHOTEL&when=05-04-2025&until=&choiceSearch=false&flexibility=true&monthSearch=false&flexibleDays=1&flexibleMonths=&noOfAdults=2&noOfChildren=0&childrenAge=&duration=7115&searchRequestType=ins&searchType=SKI&sp=true&multiSelect=true&room=&isVilla=false&reqType=SKI&sortBy=
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last year, Easter fell in the first week of April, but in 2025, I believe it’s on April 20th (?). That’s quite a difference.

We were in Avoriaz last season, and while the snow conditions were above average, after 13.00 pm was really slushy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We’re looking at the first week of Easter school holidays which commences weekend 5th April in our area, weirdly schools here go back immediately after the Easter bank holiday Monday! Is this not a standard date for school holidays?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I mean we didn’t ski grande massif to 700m in December, there’s only a couple of slopes that low and they are wayy too low in all but the best conditions of the year. Skiing in Flaine itself seemed pretty good and we preferred it to the other grand massif resort areas. When you have a child in ski schools the reality is you don’t traverse an entire ski domaine as you don’t have time for those kind of trips so to some degree wider ski areas become less relevant.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rh2205 wrote:
We’re looking at the first week of Easter school holidays which commences weekend 5th April in our area, weirdly schools here go back immediately after the Easter bank holiday Monday! Is this not a standard date for school holidays?

do you mean in UK? in GER the Easter School holidays are 14.04. - 26.04 meaning back to scholl at 29.April

If we choose the Week 19.-26.April, i suppose Tignes-Valdisere or VT are the only options in FR
Do not know if Paradiski is also doable
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry yes I am only talking about the uk where schools break in our area on 4th April and return immediately after the Easter weekend, hence looking at early April rather than later on.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It’s much better than in Germany; it’s earlier
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy